[Game] Kings vs Spurs at G1C Monday 11/12 7:00 PM PT

Have not liked Mason for most of this season but he was huge tonight props to him on a great game and seriously give back up SF mins to either Williams/Bogie or even Bjelly the coaching stuff must see something we don't in Jackson to keep him in the line up this long he's literally looking like a less athletic Ben Mclemore.

I don’t think Jackson scored last night again if i remember right but i noticed a few things.
He passed up a few shots and showed some hustle on defense and he looked to try to help his teammates.

We need him to score also but I cringe every time he takes a shot. Hopefully he can figure it out because he’s supposed to be a decent shooter. Nothing wrong about some time in Stockton to get playing time and hopefully work it out.

Have not liked Mason for most of this season but he was huge tonight props to him on a great game and seriously give back up SF mins to either Williams/Bogie or even Bjelly the coaching stuff must see something we don't in Jackson to keep him in the line up this long he's literally looking like a less athletic Ben Mclemore.
I wonder if i lights it up in practice.....

Fox. Bogs. Willie. Giles. Bagley. ALL VLADE PICKS. Let that sink in. :)
I'm just sitting here thinking of all the people eating crow out there:cool:

They bashed Vlade when he said "Super Team, Just Young." They have been bashing the Kings Organization all along.

The Media, Fans of other teams and some supposed Kings Fans all bashed the Kings repeatedly.

Tell me folks that bashed, how does that crow taste:)

This could be the most complete game I have ever watched the Kings play.
I credit the defense, especially the Fox, Buddy and Shumpert. They held SA to 99 points. That is how you beat good teams.
In the 4th and especially the last 5 minutes, the Kings went to hyperdrive on defense and became very aggressive with the best possible results.
The Kings outrebounded SA, they got more fast break points, they got more points in the paint. Holy Cow.

Special shout out for Bogdan. He is back. Wonderful to watch his ball handling at crunch time.
Giles is getting his mental game figured out. He is like a secret weapon.
Fox and Buddy are playing at a very high level. I give credit to Shumpert for maybe making the biggest difference. He brings some attitude and experience to the one position that the Kings have been weakest at for years.
This is getting fun. Very impressive win.

They are giving JJ a shot, but if he doesn’t hit open shots (or if he keeps on passing up open shots as he did last night) playing time will continue to decline. At the start of the season, he was getting regular run. Now I think we are now seeing coach play him only in certain matchups. It will continue to dwindle if he doesn’t produce. This is a make or break point in his career.

No gasol, Rudy and poetl are a go.
They are handing out repirators in parts of sac. Makes it weird (again).

Looking for a bounce back game. Hoping bogi settles in/starts meshing and Giles starts co tributing soon.

Just tired of losing to these guys! In the past a lead meant nothing going into the fourth because spurs had another gear. Well this year we have another gear too.
In retrospect, that last paragraph was spot on!

I'm just sitting here thinking of all the people eating crow out there:cool:

They bashed Vlade when he said "Super Team, Just Young." They have been bashing the Kings Organization all along.

The Media, Fans of other teams and some supposed Kings Fans all bashed the Kings repeatedly.

Tell me folks that bashed, how does that crow taste:)
Bagley has been struggling the last 4-5 games. Giles had a negative PER until last night and his confidence was shot. His buoyant nature had turned sober. His visions of ROY were shattered by string of DNP-CDs and trip to Stockton. Adversity is a catalyst however when that energy is properly channeled. The development of these two guys is paramount in the context of making a playoff run. Their development and our push to remain over .500 and stay in the race for the 8th seed after the All-Star break is correlated. We need to proceed prudently to assure these guys are contributory most nights. This is where Joerger earns his keep.

Joerger said Boggy is a better playmaker than shooter. I concur 100%. This is high praise because Boggy is a fantastic shooter, I think better than Buddy by a hair. There are fans calling for Boggy to be reinserted into the starting lineup. That would a huge mistake. I hope Joerger knows this. I think he does. He was smart enough to know Z-Bo had to be exiled yet he is still hanging out to Jackson out of misplaced loyalty or mandate from above. Regardless I think he knows how to best use Boggy as a PG with second unit (co-PG with Mason or solo PG with Yogi) to set up MB3 and Giles. Boggy can make our offense hum for 48 minutes and prevent lulls when Fox rests. Fox or Boggy need to be on the court at all times with both closing most games.

I posted before Giles is the superior target to Koufos to execute on the flips. He has better hands and softer touch. Does the offense Giles potentially gives you exceed the defense Koufos can give you? Who gets the minutes depends on your answer to this question. Last night was encouraging because our defense and second unit was solid. We were double teaming the post from the baseline with weak side defender sliding into the paint on the double to prevent the interior pass. It was nice strategy well-executed. I hope we see more of this against teams with formidable post presence. Our second unit was buoyed by Boggy making beautiful reads , gaining the edge and serving it up on a silver platter. Only a few times did he over dribble but for the most part he was a maestro out there, hence earning the moniker I gave to him last season, a pick and roll wizard!

Boggy helps Mason too, sharing the shot creation responsibilities. Getting Giles and MB3 easy looks will inspire them on the other end. This is the blueprint for us to sustain and build on our success. Fox slicing and dicing and setting up Bjelica, Willie and Buddy in the first unit then Boggy making the second team go with sweet dimes to MB3, Giles and Jackson Williams! When crunch time comes Boggy and Fox on the court at the same time, with Boggy subbing in most nights for Shump. Bagley and Giles can give us 20+ points per game between them on high efficiency. That would be tremendous production. This is the winning formula so we overwhelm the opponent in waves. And so we can withstand droughts until the inevitable onslaught. If Joerger tries to get cute or overthinks things, if he thinks Boggy "deserves" the starting spot once his minutes restriction is lifted, he is undermining himself and his team. I am happy with the job he has done so I am cautiously optimistic he will do the right thing in this regard. Boggy played 28 MPG last year, 22 MPG so far in three games this year. There is no reason he cannot play 28 MPG or more in his aforementioned role and be a top contender for Sixth Man of the Year.

I think we can get these next two games against the Grizzlies and Rockets and run our record to 10-6. Then we can upset the Warriors or Jazz in one of the following three games. If we come out this stretch with an 11-8 record we are going to be in great shape to climb the playoff ladder. This is how we have to be thinking and proceeding. These opponents are vulnerable and no better than us. These teams have equal or more issues than us. So let's expose them and show them our start was not an accident. Sustainability and growth requires everyone chips in. When D-Fox cools off, Mason or Boggy is there. When Willie struggles, Bagley is there. When the energy ebbs, Williams is there! Getting our rotation right and roles defined will promote sustainability rather than flaming out. Again it is on the coach to get this right. The talent and desire is there.

At a time like this there is no need to waste time talking about Jackson, Mason or McLemore. Or Zbo Or Skal.
There are way too many players in front of them playing at a very high level. Those are the guys that deserve to be mentioned.
There were many heroes last night and none of them are mentioned in the first line.
Last night the Kings played defense, they rebounded and they readily passed the ball.
This is a victory worth celebrating. Worth watching more than once.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The current cast of Kings aren't even remotely close to maximizing their potential. I'll give you just one aspect of this game that illustrates my point. Because of his speed down the court, Bagley ended up with a SA small on him in or very close to the paint at least five times in this game. Yet the Kings couldn't convert. Some of it was Bagley, some of it was the guards not getting it to him when they should or in the right spot. But the point is that in at least five times he had a small on him that yielded no points. That just ain't happening in the future. I don't know when it will happen, but it will happen sometime in the future that the guards and Bagley will be converting those opportunities virtually every single time. There is sooo much promise to this team.

At a time like this there is no need to waste time talking about Jackson, Mason or McLemore. Or Zbo Or Skal.
There are way too many players in front of them playing at a very high level. Those are the guys that deserve to be mentioned.
There were many heroes last night and none of them are mentioned in the first line.
Last night the Kings played defense, they rebounded and they readily passed the ball.
This is a victory worth celebrating. Worth watching more than once.
Mason actually hasn't been that bad. I think people tend to lose perspective that he's a backup PG. He's not supposed to be as good as Fox. Especially with Bogi back we just need 16 solid minutes from him.

I still find myself yelling at the TV screen at Kangz moments, like when we get momentum and build a small lead, only to pee it away with a string of thoughtless plays, rather than thrusting the dagger deeper by just continuing to do what we were doing. Without those recurring moments, the Spurs are never even IN this game. There are a lot of times individual players' low IQs get exposed (i.e., moments when the fail to be not be accountable to their teammates or the system) but still we are WINNING. Makes me think, when/if we get past these regular brain farts, we will be a playoff team. Not sure it will happen this year, but it seems possible if we can avoid major injury and actually improve over the course of the year, rather than regress.

Mason has two fatal flaws. He is in love with dribbling the ball, and he also likes to drive the lane into big people. He needs to learn the floater.