[Game] Kings vs Spurs at G1C Monday 11/12 7:00 PM PT

The Spurs have beaten the Kings 14 times in a row, including seven in a row in Sacramento. The last time the Kings beat the Spurs was with Mike Malone, four weeks before being fired. Despite the Spurs recent dominance over the Kings, the Kings of 2018-19 are not your same ol Kings anymore, are they?

The Spurs have beaten the Kings 14 times in a row, including seven in a row in Sacramento. The last time the Kings beat the Spurs was with Mike Malone, four weeks before being fired. Despite the Spurs recent dominance over the Kings, the Kings of 2018-19 are not your same ol Kings anymore, are they?
This is a good question: will have to watch the next 10 games starting with tonight. Loss to the Lakers looked like a regression unfortunately. Too many players not playing well, ,especially offensively. As a team if you want to improve, you have to be able to beat opponents considered better than you, consistently. So my Expectations are tempered. with the effort and execution. .500 pct is still a goal, but they have to get back to where they were., focus - play together on offense, take care of the ball., work harder to rebound.

Not a game I’m expecting to win but I would like to see them getting back to playing team basketball. We shouldn’t be seeing more turnovers than assists. Teams are collapsing on WCS and Marvin to stop them in the post so they have to kick the ball out to open shooters and not force a shot against 2-3 defenders. Fox also has to drive and dish from an angle and not the top so he has a wider range of weakside shooters to pass to.

No gasol, Rudy and poetl are a go.
They are handing out repirators in parts of sac. Makes it weird (again).

Looking for a bounce back game. Hoping bogi settles in/starts meshing and Giles starts co tributing soon.

Just tired of losing to these guys! In the past a lead meant nothing going into the fourth because spurs had another gear. Well this year we have another gear too.

Last edited:
Lakers doubled willie and marvin in the paint. It worked like a charm (for them) because if either fox or buddy has a bad game then the offense is . . . well.
As a team the Kings need to work on in bounds, late clock, and double teams.

Lakers doubled willie and marvin in the paint. It worked like a charm (for them) because if either fox or buddy has a bad game then the offense is . . . well.
As a team the Kings need to work on in bounds, late clock, and double teams.
That was what’s often referred to as a schedule loss. 3rd game in 4 nights and the 2nd of a back-to-back. It was nothing the LA Lebron’s did defensively. They’re still mostly awful on that end of the floor. Should have lost to ATL last night (looked like a goal tend to me).

Last edited:
Well, with regard to the Spurs game tonight, I like the Kings chances much better now that Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green are no longer part of that team.

This is another opponent the Kings have to beat at home in order to continue their ascent. They beat Minny, but lost to LA. Can’t let this one slip away.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If the Kings move the ball, lengthwise on fast breaks, sideways in the half court, they should get tons of good shots on this team. Essentially, SA has DeRozan, Aldridge, and mediocrity in every other position. Fox, Hield and Bogs should have a field day, as there are no shot blockers of note on their team. Too bad Kosta looks to be out, though. I would like him against Aldridge because Aldridge is more of a power player, not so much relying on quickness. WCS must be strong against Aldridge and prevent him from going crazy on the boards and getting easy put backs. If they contain Aldridge, I just can't see SA winning. DeRozan is a very nice player, but normally doesn't win games by himself.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Aldrige is going to be a nightmare for Willie to Guard. No Koufos means we're playing our young guards against an experience well coached team.

This is a good question: will have to watch the next 10 games starting with tonight. Loss to the Lakers looked like a regression unfortunately. Too many players not playing well, ,especially offensively. As a team if you want to improve, you have to be able to beat opponents considered better than you, consistently. So my Expectations are tempered. with the effort and execution. .500 pct is still a goal, but they have to get back to where they were., focus - play together on offense, take care of the ball., work harder to rebound.
I don't see the loss to the Lakers as a regression. Two of the three worst games the Kings have played have been on the second night of a back to back. Their style of play makes the second night rough. Joerger mentioned the guys being tired against the Lakers, but needing to play through it.

Derozen will cause fits for whoever he guards tonight. He has quietly been having a hell of a start to the season playing great on both sides of the ball.

Get to watch a game for once. As sad as it it to say, the Spurs are in the throes of mediocrity. In the west, that is still pretty good.

Hoping to see ball movement, low turnovers, and a win.

Another really good measuring stick game for us if we want to be serious about being in the playoff hunt this season. Spurs are the better team, but we're at home getting Bogdan back and if we can push the pace, we can really scheme them out of what they like doing best in dumping the ball to LMA in the half-court. These are the kind of games playoff teams need to win, especially in the west.

It's going to be extremely interesting to see how our team responds here. I can't overstate how huge it would be to peel off 1 or 2 wins against a top level team this month, and finish the month at or very near .500. GO KINGS!

Spurs are beatable if the kings play a decent to good game. Spurs can NOT run with the kings. Look for Fox and WCS to wreck havoc. If Buddy and Bjelica can make an average amount of their 3s then Kings walk out of the Golden 1 with another notch in their belt on their way to respectablility

Bounce back game. Kings take another step to claim the crown waiting for them in the fog of prophecized future

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Spurs have owned the Kings since I can remember and I don't see that changing this time around. I'd expect a career night from either Forbes or Bertans

Damn. Some of De'Aaron's early competition for MIP, Caris LaVert, just went down with a gruesome leg injury.. It looks like Hayward's injury last year...