[Game] Kings vs Spurs at G1C Monday 11/12 7:00 PM PT

We could seriously go 5-1 over our next 6 games. After what I just saw against the Spurs, this is very doable.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.54.13 PM.png

If we do that there is a very good chance we'd be in sole possession of 3rd place in the western conference standings, which we are currently only 1 game out of.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.58.13 PM.png

We could seriously go 5-1 over our next 6 games. After what I just saw against the Spurs, this is very doable.

View attachment 8470

If we do that there is a very good chance we'd be in sole possession of 3rd place in the western conference standings, which we are currently only 1 game out of.

View attachment 8471
Anything over 2-4 would be great imo that's a super tough run 5-1 would mean we are a elite team which I don't think we are.

At a time like this there is no need to waste time talking about Jackson, Mason or McLemore. Or Zbo Or Skal.
There are way too many players in front of them playing at a very high level. Those are the guys that deserve to be mentioned.
There were many heroes last night and none of them are mentioned in the first line.
Last night the Kings played defense, they rebounded and they readily passed the ball.
This is a victory worth celebrating. Worth watching more than once.
I’ve watched the 4th quarter another two times already. That WCS dunk gets me every time. That was nuts.

I think this next 6 game stretch will tell us a lot of who we are as a team right now. We have had problems matching up with Utah and the Houston game is a trap on a back to back like the second Utah game.

If we can come out of it at 3-3 I would think we are heading in the right direction 1/4 of the way threw the season. Better than 3-3 then wow. Come out hard on those first two winnable games and let the chips fall where they do and the last 4 half are here at home.

It would be nice to have Kosta back for the Utah games.

There's a real chance we go 0-6. I know that's blasphemy at the moment but these are all tough games and I can't imagine us being favourites for any of them. Like someone above said, 2-4 on this next stretch would be very solid. People should temper their expectations, we're less than 20% into the season. Long way to go before we've proven we're for real, though obviously it's been very encouraging so far.

View attachment 8470

View attachment 8471

If we go 5-1 we are at least 5th or 6th seed this year. I don’t see that happening but I’ve seen crazier things happen. Also 4 of those games are on the road.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
honestly, the only win I see in the next six is the OKC game and even that's not a given because OKC has been playing better since the Kings last played them

which is why I have them possibly winning that one out of the six
Shumpert contains Harden and they can't stop our offense and we win that one too. We may split with Utah but the won't drop both. I'm giving away the GS game, and out of grit they beat the Grizz. 4-2 or 5-1 if things start to really click. There is a pathway here.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

View attachment 8470
The Kings have already beaten Memphis and OKC, so I think it's reasonable to think they could beat those teams again. Westbrook probably won't be back by Nov 19, so that's a plus as well. I don't know what to think of Houston at this point. Is it really the Rockets of last year or the Rockets of this year? Is the absence of Carmelo creating a short term pop or a long term trend? I'm thinking there's a decent chance of the Kings winning that game. I don't believe GS is winnable unless the fracas between Durant and Green becomes a civil war in the organization. That leaves good ol' Utah. If you want to believe the Kings can actually go better than .500 over this six-game stretch, you've got to believe that the Kings figure out Utah. So far they haven't. I'm crossing my fingers hoping for .500 during this stretch because I'm somewhat skeptical they can beat Utah.

The Kings have already beaten Memphis and OKC, so I think it's reasonable to think they could beat those teams again. Westbrook probably won't be back by Nov 19, so that's a plus as well. I don't know what to think of Houston at this point. Is it really the Rockets of last year or the Rockets of this year? Is the absence of Carmelo creating a short term pop or a long term trend? I'm thinking there's a decent chance of the Kings winning that game. I don't believe GS is winnable unless the fracas between Durant and Green becomes a civil war in the organization. That leaves good ol' Utah. If you want to believe the Kings can actually go better than .500 over this six-game stretch, you've got to believe that the Kings figure out Utah. So far they haven't. I'm crossing my fingers hoping for .500 during this stretch because I'm somewhat skeptical they can beat Utah.
Utah just lost to Dallas by 50--scoring just 22 points in a half. It seems like one of those games might be winnable. Although on the other hand, the Spurs lost to the Suns, so maybe that game wasn't as good as it seemed at first. I see Memphis, Houston or OKC, and one of the Utah games as winnable, so 3-3 or 2-4 is reasonable. Anything better would be above expectation and anything below would be disappointing.

It's not the teams that make this stretch difficult, it is the schedule. Two back to backs, and a home game mixed in with 4 road games.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
There's a real chance we go 0-6. I know that's blasphemy at the moment but these are all tough games and I can't imagine us being favourites for any of them. Like someone above said, 2-4 on this next stretch would be very solid. People should temper their expectations, we're less than 20% into the season. Long way to go before we've proven we're for real, though obviously it's been very encouraging so far.
There are also two back to backs in the next 8 games, after the b2b with Warriors and Utah we play the Clippers and Pacers as well.

We're playing the Grizzlies who are 8-5 now that just beat the Bucks, Rockets, the Jazz twice, the Thunder who are 9-5 now, the Warriors, The Clippers who beat the Warriors, and then the Pacers.
We have two back to backs in that span of games. Tomorrow and at the Rockets. Then Warriors and Jazz back to back.
Some of those teams seem to be slumping but each game is it's own entity, I'm curious to see how the team approaches the Grizzlies, Thunder and playing the Jazz two times again. It will be a good barometer of Dave's coaching ability to see what kind of changes or game plan he has. Also to see the ability for the players to play familiar opponents again and recognize some changes in game plan if any.
If anything is going to help us, it is the return (maybe) of Harry Giles, and the return of Bogdan. We could also use Koufos in the Jazz games if he is healthy enough. We're definately going to need our bench to play better, WCS is going to be playing against some good big men so we need some fresh legs to help rebound.
There are definitely no easy games in the West.

View attachment 8470

View attachment 8471
I agree. This is a great opportunity to take matters in our own hands and move up in the standings