[Game] Kings vs. Rockets - 25 FEB 2014, 22:00 EST/19:00 PST

There are four players remaining from the Maloof Era. How many will be left on Opening Night, 2014?

• Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Two

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • One

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm am just mind-boggled at how mcLemore can't shoot well. It's not like he's lost his shot overnight. I just don't get it. Why can't he shoot like he did in college?

These are all critical games for him now post-trade deadline, and he's off to a bad start, He has literally been given a gift that his play certainly did not earn him. A wide open 100% clear, to the point we actually have traded away anybody else on the team who has played SG at any point in their career, shot at anointing himself the starting SG next year when we aim for the playoffs. And thus far nothing has changed. If he keeps this up we simply 100% will NOT be able to count him as a starter next year, and we'll be in the market for somebody who can carry their weight out there.

Entity

Hall of Famer
These are all critical games for him now post-trade deadline, and he's off to a bad start, He has literally been given a gift that his play certainly did not earn him. A wide open 100% clear, to the point we actually have traded away anybody else on the team who has played SG at any point in their career, shot at anointing himself the starting SG next year when we aim for the playoffs. And thus far nothing has changed. If he keeps this up we simply 100% will NOT be able to count him as a starter next year, and we'll be in the market for somebody who can carry their weight out there.
Probably better to find out now. We knew we didn't want it to be jimmer or Marcus. Let Ben have 30 games to show or we know what to look for in offseason. A backup or a starter

I'm am just mind-boggled at how mcLemore can't shoot well. It's not like he's lost his shot overnight. I just don't get it. Why can't he shoot like he did in college?
Several reasons I think beside NBA being so much higher level of completion. First is college three point line is closer. At KU coach Self would have McLemore get ball usually at top of the key not way out on the wing. Then he could size up the D and move right or left depending on matchup. Often coach would have double screen set up on each side so he was allowed to freely operate in narrow window for his quick shot - not having to dribble a lot. Kings using him too much in deep corner or coming off screens from deep on baseline. He needs to have his feet set to be most effective with his very quick shot - and that's better out high I think.

Michael Malone can teach the team how to play defense; Michael Malone can't go out there and play defense for the team.
Michael Malone can teach the team how to shoot the damn basketball (which they probably should have learned the moment they picked up a basketball at their young age); Michael Malone can't go out there and shoot the ball for them.
Michael Malone can teach the team how to handle the ball and not turn it over and make silly plays on the offensive end; Michael Malone can't go out there and not turn the ball over and not make silly plays on the offensive end.

Things like this, which we are seeing a lot of tonight, are all on the players, and not the coach. I think Malone has the right mindset to coach this team. It's on the players to buy in to that mindset, and I don't think a lot of them are doing that....

Nerves. Where did Jimmers' shot go in the first few years? Keep playing him and tell him to shoot. Shooters have to shoot.
Jimmer had about the worst circumstances possible to come into the league. He didn't get summer League, short training camp, lockout shortened season so there really was no practice time, another rookie drafted at his same position (IT out played him but most teams don't draft 2 rookies that play the same position) coach fired after the first 7 games, coach Smart was the coach that they hired to replace the coach they just fired and having said all that he still shot better that Maclemore.

Love when the refs make a terrible call and then call a technical that was caused by their terrible call
Are you even watching or do you know nothing about basketball? When a player elevates and you take a forearm and shove him it's a foul. Furthermore, you have no idea what Cousins was saying to get the T.

That whole play is a microcosm of what is wrong with DMC. He plays bad D. Commits a stupid foul, then compounds it by getting a T.

Take off your purple tinted glasses for just a second so you can see the truth.

Ben's handles have improved 100%. People said it couldn't be done. But he's bringing the ball up and driving to the hoop. On defense he's jumping in the passing lanes and coming up with steals. These are parts of his game improving. The shot will come in time. He doesn't have to learn that.

We can focus on the negative, but truth is he IS improving. I think he has all the tools and the worth ethic to be a real good player and he will be.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Are you even watching or do you know nothing about basketball? When a player elevates and you take a forearm and shove him it's a foul. Furthermore, you have no idea what Cousins was saying to get the T.

That whole play is a microcosm of what is wrong with DMC. He plays bad D. Commits a stupid foul, then compounds it by getting a T.

Take off your purple tinted glasses for just a second so you can see the truth.
We all know the truth. So what?

Newsflash. Boogie loses his temper. Do you think you have enlightened us?