[Game] Kings vs. Raptors, 11/19/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Pain-o-meter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't think Monte unequivocally won the two trades that got nuked. But they were fair trades for a team that was pressed. I actually think Buddy's stock is now going up which might be enough to pair with Marv's expiring salary. And let's be real, that's what he is now. 12 million off your books at the end of the year.

I'm too pissed off to do the poll. I had to take a break last year when my frustration boiled over. This year seems to be more of the same. I don't know that I have it in me to switch to a different team, especially since I'm a local. I could never root for the Warriors. Well, unless they played all their games against the Lakers. Then maybe.
I like most of our players. I think we've got some talent. But no one who looks like All Star material. And that, my friends, is the long and short of it. A crappy coach, a meddling owner (at least based on history), and no big time player.
The arena is nice. And the fans are fantastic. So there's that.

I don't think Monte unequivocally won the two trades that got nuked. But they were fair trades for a team that was pressed. I actually think Buddy's stock is now going up which might be enough to pair with Marv's expiring salary. And let's be real, that's what he is now. 12 million off your books at the end of the year.
Nukes don't always hit the preferred target and unfortunately for him he got caught in the blast radius and didn't clean up the resulting mess. Which so far looks to have been his tenure in a nutshell. Didn't can the other guys coach, didn't trade the players he openly dangled, stacked in the draft. NO, not terrible as of yet, but also not great.

Kings come home, desperate for a win, against a Toronto team that's hardly a world-beater (7-9), on the second night of a B2B, and w/several key guys hurt, possibly out. Luke should never have entered this season as the head coach in the first place, but a loss tonight *really* should seal his fate.

LOVE their energy right now - to a person. Play with this energy every night and they're ~ 10-5 right now. Both glad and annoyed to see it.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Again, I just don't see anything *physically* wrong with Fox. That's not his problem.
Everybody says he put on 10lbs of muscle. But I’d like to see his BMI now vs last year. He seems lethargic. Could be from Luke’s early season 8 man rotation or he is having trouble carrying the weight

The Kings were switching those pick and rolls early, then stopped. I'm not sure if you can do anything but switch with a team like the Raptors since that's pretty much all VanVleet is going to do.

OG being super versatile covers up so many holes for the Raps lol

VanVleet has always been the worst defender on their team and Trent struggles against speed. OG was probably their best guard defender
And it's forcing Scottie Barnes to the SF spot which will help long term, not short term. I was a little surprised that they started Barnes at PF starting in SL.

I really just wanna know what Len did to deserve to be benched like this? Walton is just not good at his job. Period.
He already picked his poison. Apparently the rebounding is the issue according to him, lol. In reality not being to able to stop pick and roll on one end, and not run it on the other is the real problem. Both things Len is better at so far.

HB has actually been getting much more respect from refs going to the hole this year than in previous years - and he's shooting 88% right now. Most efficient guy on the team this side of Richaun and by far the most efficient who can create his own shot. Why the Kings don't ride him more often I just don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.