[Game] Kings vs. Pistons, 11/20/2022 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
A super early tip coupled with me being extremely busy means there's not going to be a write-up tonight.
(Plus it's sorta hard to wax poetic about a Pistons team that will be missing two of its best players- Cade and Bey- and there's really nothing more for me to add to the "Marvin Bagley III coming back to Sacramento as a Piston" discussion that hasn't already been beaten into the ground at this point.)

The Kings are favored by 9.5 points on ye olde betting institution of choice so this is a game that the Kings are "supposed" to win. In the past, that meant they'd lose this game. Maybe, just maybe, that's not the case this year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Take care of business tonight.
Assuming Keegan is back
A chance to see Ivy who has the keys to the car at the moment with Cade out.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Just take this team seriously, Kings. Jump on them early. If the Kings win, I'll be less concerned about the record against the following four teams on the upcoming schedule - Grizzlies, Hawks, Celtics and Suns.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If we win today, we would (for the moment) move out of play-in position and into playoff position. We would pass the Clippers by percentage points, and we would pass the loser of the Denver-Dallas game. We could also pass the Suns if they lose, and pass the Grizz by percentage points if they lose. So, either 4th, 5th, or 6th place if we win today.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Should start a poll, “will Marvin be booed” or will the cheers for Marvin be louder than the boos
I hope he's not booed. It's not his fault where he was picked or that he had injury bugs while he was here. Has he done a couple of bonehead things? Yes. But he's not Hawes, for goodness sake. And he's not generally responsible for his dad's actions either, although he could have told pops to pipe down, I guess.

Should start a poll, “will Marvin be booed” or will the cheers for Marvin be louder than the boos
seems pretty clear from the various twitter discussions it's at least 2:1 on booing.

The only thing I'm torn on is whether he deserves it. Personally I'd give the crappy clap I give when the team I'm rooting against makes a nice play or scores. I'm glad that chapter has ended and we're on to bigger and better things.

If we win today, we would (for the moment) move out of play-in position and into playoff position. We would pass the Clippers by percentage points, and we would pass the loser of the Denver-Dallas game. We could also pass the Suns if they lose, and pass the Grizz by percentage points if they lose. So, either 4th, 5th, or 6th place if we win today.
This seems very good. We should try it

I hope he's not booed. It's not his fault where he was picked or that he had injury bugs while he was here. Has he done a couple of bonehead things? Yes. But he's not Hawes, for goodness sake. And he's not generally responsible for his dad's actions either, although he could have told pops to pipe down, I guess.
It seems like he finally did this? I recall his dad finally deleting his twitter account a few months ago. He should have absolutely done it while here. And he did make a trade demand and refused to check into a game early last year.

I 100% do not begrudge him for not being Luka and I think my post history will show 3 years of patience with the young man. But he finally wore it out. I am glad I'm not there to decide what to do.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I personally am not a big fan of booing former Kings simply because you didn't like them when they wore the uniform. Mom might have been right when she said if I can't say anything nice I should just say nothing at all. But that also applies to my hands.

I will be in attendance for this game :cool: Interested to see if Marvin has developed his game in anyway
They're going to turn him loose, they've got nothing else today. Probably get an Ivey and MBIII show that would cause a meltdown if they won somehow. But I don't think this team is serious about winning yet or else they'd have moved on from Casey.

I'd focus on stopping the PnR with Ivey and Bagley, and watch the kickout to Bogdanovich. Also, forgot they have Alec Burks who usually torches the Kings. I think this game is going to actually be a good match.

seems pretty clear from the various twitter discussions it's at least 2:1 on booing.

The only thing I'm torn on is whether he deserves it. Personally I'd give the crappy clap I give when the team I'm rooting against makes a nice play or scores. I'm glad that chapter has ended and we're on to bigger and better things.
the refusal to go in the game disrespected his teammates and was his biggest boo worthy move but I don’t see any reason to rehash it now. I think a courtesy clap is about right

dude12

Hall of Famer
Bagley and his dad and people really did a lot of crapty things while here. Not even talking about the draft pick or injuries which were out of his control but situations weren’t always handled well.

On to the game and getting a win, that’s all I care about

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm on team don't boo Bagley.

Now that us fans are repping Cali's apex team, I'm hoping we can stay classy unlike obnoxious Warriors bandwagoners and....*shudders*...Lakers fans (may their nourishing tears continue to flow)!

I can't see this fanbase booing almost any former player, least of all Bagley. For a #2 pick, he became such an afterthought.
Yea I was surprised and the group infront of me are wearing his jersey but sitting here thinking he did talk smack and didn’t seem to like even being here …. We know his dad didn’t for sure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.