What's more likely in today's game?

• Zion scores 100

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • The Kings play good defense.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

dude12

Hall of Famer
Walton has had some success with the Box and 1 but man, that was the most awful one I've ever seen.
When they were running zone, I thought some of the guys got over extended out of their area. To me it’s like they don’t know some of the stuff they are being asked to do. I see guys working hard but not efficiently or out of place and then they are chasing. That comes down to coaching

When they were running zone, I thought some of the guys got over extended out of their area. To me it’s like they don’t know some of the stuff they are being asked to do. I see guys working hard but not efficiently or out of place and then they are chasing. That comes down to coaching
The entire identity of this team right now is not committing to any one thing.

dude12

Hall of Famer
It's nice to know that, but it won't matter to Walton. He doesn't seem like someone who think on his feet and always chose to follow with his scheme whether it works for the moment or not.
Case in point, we went small at the 4 when they had Hayes and Zion in. We End up guarding Hayes with guards a couple of times down the floor and give up easy baskets......then he calls timeout. Just slow to react to very obvious things.

Doug brought it up earlier....But I want Cojo to try and make his money when he is in vs Lewis.

See what he can do being picked up early. Maybe it throws off the benches offense and they destroyed ours.

Case in point, we went small at the 4 when they had Hayes and Zion in. We End up guarding Hayes with guards a couple of times down the floor and give up easy baskets......then he calls timeout. Just slow to react to very obvious things.
He wouldn't have done that until recently when his seat is heating up. He had many times (with us and with the Lakers) where he just let his players being abused and let them try to make their own adjustments.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
“There’s no way Steven Adams can get by Marvin Bagley.”

It just happened, Doug. He’s not good (now) but he’s trying to improve. Don’t sugarcoat it. As long as he’s showing effort we’re not going to be out with pitchforks.