[Game] Kings vs. Nets 2/15/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Well, I’ll channel the ghost of Grant Napear here

Ya know, if i told you before the game that Brooklyn would shoot 14-21 from three and the Kings would go into the half only down 6 points, you’d feel pretty fortunate, right?

I wouldn't go that far, Brooklyn has zero defense. ZERO.
They aren't doubling him like most teams. One thing Buddy is also doing is not just shooting off of curls and motion. He's getting into his shots like step backs and transitions. He's also being found for spot shots like that one where DaQuan drove it and kicked it out to the side to him. THAT is where Buddy can wreck teams.

But he's hittin' 'em. We've seen him miss plenty of wide open 3's this season. 5-6 tonight tis a welcome sight.

Something's off about HB that goes beyond shooting woes.
Part of it is that Harrison kind of disappears in Waltons motions sets. He's there to basically catch and swing, that's it. Every once in awhile he gets a post up look. He was breaking out in the spread offense which is now the high post survey offense with less pick and roll early and mostly as the 3rd/4th option.

After some thinking, it is actually pretty silly for me to be complaining about how the refs officiating.

If this is the way they are going to officiate, we should stop trying to practice good defense, as it is not what the refs care about. We should just focus on our acting skills, from the look of it. Once we are a better team that "deserves" the respect of the refs, our acting skill will be the only thing that matters if we get a foul called in our favor or not.

Buddy will get all the and-1 as long as he kicks his leg correctly and screams out in agony realistically. Fox is already bumping into his opponents every time he drives, so once the refs remember his name without looking at his jersey, he should get those calls like Trae Young has been getting.

I think HB might need a game off. He came out of that 5 day break playing at all star level. He’s the one guy Walton will ride for up to 40 minutes per night so perhaps he’s just getting run down.
For sure he's not trusting his shot, but it's more than that: the energy just isn't there. Maybe just worn down, as you say. Also lots of trade buzz w/his name in it. He's a pro's pro, but have to wonder if that's weighing on him.