[Game] Kings vs. Nets, 11/15/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

How are we feeling about this team?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was telling my wife that Kenny harbors too much hate from his time with the franchise when it was run by terrible front office personnel and ownership that didn’t have much of a clue.

It is pretty funny, admittedly, when a former nemesis like Shaq likes the city and team better than a former player that was beloved by the fans. Literal irony.
My conspiracy theory is that during one of our many coaching carousels during the Cousins era, he called up the team asking to interview, and we told him no.

Hard to believe he’s holding a grudge from 20 years ago, but who knows at this point.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
My conspiracy theory is that during one of our many coaching carousels during the Cousins era, he called up the team asking to interview, and we told him no.

Hard to believe he’s holding a grudge from 20 years ago, but who knows at this point.
He reportedly wanted the GM job after Vlade resigned but we went with actually qualified candidates instead.

He reportedly wanted the GM job after Vlade resigned but we went with actually qualified candidates instead.
His analysis yesterday was embarrassing. He didnt know TDs name. When breaking down plays he was like, "they got good players... Like this guy. And that dude... Uhhh huerter, he can shoot." and that was the totality of his game breakdown. Disgusting. I always liked Jet, but **** that dude

His analysis yesterday was embarrassing. He didnt know TDs name. When breaking down plays he was like, "they got good players... Like this guy. And that dude... Uhhh huerter, he can shoot." and that was the totality of his game breakdown. Disgusting. I always liked Jet, but **** that dude
Yes, it was embarassing. Completely unprepared and made a clown of himself. Didn't really understand why he walked over to that big screen either to "break down" the plays - added nothing and made no sense.

Yes, it was embarassing. Completely unprepared and made a clown of himself. Didn't really understand why he walked over to that big screen either to "break down" the plays - added nothing and made no sense.
My friends who lived across from him in the Pocket during his Kings tenure said he was a really nice neighbor. When you only broadcast one Kings’ game per season - little incentive for the National guys to know the team.

I think last year Shaq may a Kings reference about a player who was no longer with the team - even though Shaq was a part owner.

Early in the season, the starters were great, but the bench lagged. Now that the starters are still great and the bench has stepped up big time, the Kings will be hard to beat.

The Kings are a legit 10 deep now, could be 11 deep if Holmes can regain form. The Kings have shooters all around now, which makes all the difference.

PF: Barnes / Lyles
SF: Murray / TD
C: Sabonis / Metu / Holmes
SG: Huerter / Monk
PG: Fox / Mitchell

My friends who lived across from him in the Pocket during his Kings tenure said he was a really nice neighbor. When you only broadcast one Kings’ game per season - little incentive for the National guys to know the team.

I think last year Shaq may a Kings reference about a player who was no longer with the team - even though Shaq was a part owner.
I've always liked Kenny Smith and he does seem like a good dude. But he seemed to really be showing disdain for the kings.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Winning leads to confidence, which leads to more winning and more confidence and the virtuous cycle continues. With the exception maybe of Monk, Sabonis, and Heurter, every player on this team could use more confidence. Even Fox, who at times fights with himself on his 3-point shooting, could use more confidence, imo. Lyles is the perfect example of someone who has talent, but at least to my eyes, hasn't had the confidence. He's getting more and more confidence as the season progresses. TD just got a huge injection of confidence because of this game. Even if he comes out and struggles with his shooting in the near term, he'll have a reservoir of confidence built up because of this fantastic performance - if he can do it once, he can do it again, and again. And speaking of TD, his all-around game was amazing. After getting super hot, did he come down and jack the proverbial "heat check"? No. He came down the court and threw a beautiful assist to Sabonis who had great position in the post. I loved his BBIQ on that play and for the entire game for that matter. Coach Brown must have been beaming.

Where did this guy go?
Wow! Some really impressive plays there, though most folks will look good in a highlight reel.

If he can get his confidence back, he might get back to being an elite player. Wonder if he can get that without an improved jumper though (and of course, better physical and mental health). If Kyrie stays out longer, it might help him, since he will be the primary ball handler, and can be more effective, even if he doesn't score that much.

Wow! Some really impressive plays there, though most folks will look good in a highlight reel.

If he can get his confidence back, he might get back to being an elite player. Wonder if he can get that without an improved jumper though (and of course, better physical and mental health). If Kyrie stays out longer, it might help him, since he will be the primary ball handler, and can be more effective, even if he doesn't score that much.
Highlight embellishment aside, Simmons was close to the highlight suggest before his mental issue arose.

Speaking of headcases, if he ends up being cheap enough, should we give him a rehab chance instead of Boogie?

Speaking of headcases, if he ends up being cheap enough, should we give him a rehab chance instead of Boogie?
There is already a thread about this over in the "Personnel Moves" forum that you may want to check out. I assume that most, if not all, responses will just be repeated over here. I know my response hasn't changed since I've posted over there.

But, my short answer is NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.