Kings vs Lakers Game Thread

SacKings384 said:
Caron, Lamar, Kobe, Mihm and Brown are playing in the third quarter... Someone wants to win this game a little too badly...
It's not because they're playing Sac. All these guys played big minutes against GS. They need time on the floor as a unit.

The Kings starters didn't play since 1st Qtr...except Brad played at least 2 mins in the beginning of 2nd..but that's all.

7:07 4th

83-72 Lakers

Wei is playing!

No Kings Starters played more than 14 mins.

Kobe played a few in beginning of 4th...not sure about the rest.

99-76 Lakers

SacBee Sports

By: Ailene Voice-in everything

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA- It has been 48 hours since the Kings team were getting the royal treatment in China. They got back, and what do we see? A Kings defeat, and a Laker win. Was Lakers guard Kobe Bryant really taking this game so seriously? If so, did Rick Adelman care at all? Why did he even play the bench in the first place? By the way, the footage of Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic smiling and being happy, courtesy of Comcast's new digital editing software. Yes, yes. It's all true. The dynamic duo were talking on TV. But is this another one of their schemes to fool the media? A very reliable source told me that the Kings administration secretly proposed a 5% salary increase to both their salaries-If they only showed the love on TV. Look like this season we're going to have a huge rivalry with the Lakers. It's a shame that I can't go in to Kings locker room anymore. I've supposedly given the public the "wrong impression" of Mr. Webber and Mr. Stojakovic. About the team so far? Good players. Playing their game. And in this case, that's a pure compliment.

(oh yah. btw: this is not a real article)

Last edited:
Just a couple thoughts:

Kevin Martin is pretty darn good.

Anwar Ferguson did a nice job. 8 rebounds,4 blocks, 10 points. He looks like the type of player the Kings could use. A shot blocker, the likes of which we havent seen since Yogi Stewart.

Matt Barnes looks like he would fit the Kings perfectly. tonight he did a little of everything...well. A very good passer who plays with basketball smarts. Here's hoping the kid is signed to his hometown team.

All in all, the game was intriguing and I found it interesting how well all the rooks played despite the Lakers having most of their starters in for much longer periods of time.

What I love about the preseason is exactly the same thing that makes me yearn for the regular season to start...and that was precisely what we saw tonight. This Kings camp bunch is probably one of the most talented in recent memory. You have to love the hustle, the desire to make the team by the FA's. The "we aren't better than you, but tonight you can't match our hustle and desire" attitude. It works for while, and then reality sets in and well, things are less aesthetically pleasing to say the least.

Can't say much about the starters. You could almost forget that Mike Bibby played today. Webb and Peja both had one good sequence-one good play, Peja his only 2 of the game, that step back fall away that you'd think would never go in and Webb's power move on the low left block. Martin was ok and Brad was aggressive, but the obvious jet-lag and settling back into this time zone was more than evident

4 down, 4 to go.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Okay, once again the cameras catch Webber and Pedja yucking it up... I wonder why that is? After all, with all the animosity between the two of them, they shouldn't even be sitting next to each other, should they?

I know... It's all an elaborate act, scripted and everything, to fool people. It couldn't possibly be that certain media types took things, made really big mountains out of little teeny molehills, and the truth is now coming to light. Could it?

;)
From my seat in the Area (right across from the Kings Bench) I noticed that Webber Pedja and Miller spent the whole game goofing arround. At one point Pedja was shouting instructions to players on the court and Webber and Miller were just laughing their butts off... But it was an obvious publictiy stunt. I am sure that as soon as they got into the locker room they said cruel things about eachothers parents in their secret code that only Voision can decipher.

50pts

HndsmCelt said:
From my seat in the Area (right across from the Kings Bench) I noticed that Webber Pedja and Miller spent the whole game goofing arround. At one point Pedja was shouting instructions to players on the court and Webber and Miller were just laughing their butts off... But it was an obvious publictiy stunt. I am sure that as soon as they got into the locker room they said cruel things about eachothers parents in their secret code that only Voision can decipher.
have you figured out the code? maybe Voision planned this with peja.....peja will be all nice to webber and then when webber least expects he will bring him down! With webber gone noone can stop Voision getting the job of ..yes...Kings GM!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
50pts said:
have you figured out the code? maybe Voision planned this with peja.....peja will be all nice to webber and then when webber least expects he will bring him down! With webber gone noone can stop Voision getting the job of ..yes...Kings GM!!!
It seems to be some variation of Serbian Morse code that Pedja uses while spraying on his deoderant... Four former CIA agents who did codebreaking of Eastern Block communications during the 50's are working arround the clock on a pair of Comador PC's breaking it. I will publish the code as soon as I can finde a 5 in floppy drive and software that can read files written in version one of SPSS.

I saw the game from a pretty high place in the stands:) . And it was really sad to see that many seats where empty at the lower lever. They should have allowed us to come down there ;)
I thought that I was robbed out of my money though. The starter seemed to play the least amount of time all the preseason games:mad: .
Fergusson was looking really good till the later part of the 4th quarter. Evans looked pretty good too. Seems quick and was able to keep up Kobe and also had some pretty good moves of his own too.
Bluthenthal wasn't all that great. Ricky Minard was also disappointing.

HndsmCelt said:
I dont know about the voisin part but i wouldnt say that they have no issues just because of this, at the same time i wont say that they have issues. You cant make out those things just by looking at them goofing around in the bench

50pts

HndsmCelt said:
It seems to be some variation of Serbian Morse code that Pedja uses while spraying on his deoderant... Four former CIA agents who did codebreaking of Eastern Block communications during the 50's are working arround the clock on a pair of Comador PC's breaking it. I will publish the code as soon as I can finde a 5 in floppy drive and software that can read files written in version one of SPSS.
Comador! oh god we are doomed.