[Game] Kings vs. Hawks 11/16/12

gotta love the energy the kings played with in that second quarter! When the Kings run and are unselfish with the ball and play defense....usually means were gonna do good!

Teague made that last second shot over a very outstreched but barely elevated DMC - proving he never was and never will be a shot blocker. Still, nice try big guy - now go get 'em in second half.

Salmons and JT both playing well. Evans and JJ showing once more they can't play together, horrid shooting is strong amongst those two which makes floor spacing almost non existant and makes defending us as easy as "stay down, let them take any jumpers".

Glad we fought back, but again I think it was largely due to individual effort and good play by the guys than Smart's offense. That and the Hawks turning the ball over a lot. We gave up a lot of open shots but were fortunate that they missed a lot of them.

Do you think the Hawks will trade us Kyle Korver for Garcia/Outlaw? I'd like a Kyle Korver on our team.

Glad we fought back, but again I think it was largely due to individual effort and good play by the guys than Smart's offense. That and the Hawks turning the ball over a lot. We gave up a lot of open shots but were fortunate that they missed a lot of them.

Do you think the Hawks will trade us Kyle Korver for Garcia/Outlaw? I'd like a Kyle Korver on our team.
So when we suck, it's on Smart and his lack of a system. But when the play well, it's because of individual effort and has nothing to due with Smart?

No double standard there at all

Then when IT/Reke come back in the 3rd, ball movement stops
Its not that ball movement stops, its that the ball is usually swung to JJ or Tyreke, who both cannot throw a ball into the ocean. They hesitate to shoot which lets defenses recover and stop their drives pretty easily on most occasions. I may get hate for this but i would start Thornton over Tyreke right now and if he doesn't want to do that, trade him and get as much value as possible.

Yea, I agree.

this team needs a SF that can shoot and play solid defense in the lineup. If you have tyreke out there he can be the slasher/defender. Look at the grizzlies they got tony allen starting at SG and he cant shoot but he plays defense. They got conley and gay who can both shoot. If the kings had a better SF then the team would be much better. Johnson should be back up SF.

maybe salmons should start
He pouted about it before in that famous spat storming out of locker room with Artest chasing him down to cool him off. Seems Salmons nowadays doesn't care as much with his big fat long term contract and just wants decent minutes and maybe on the floor at the end which is all that matters anyway.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its not that ball movement stops, its that the ball is usually swung to JJ or Tyreke, who both cannot throw a ball into the ocean. They hesitate to shoot which lets defenses recover and stop their drives pretty easily on most occasions. I may get hate for this but i would start Thornton over Tyreke right now and if he doesn't want to do that, trade him and get as much value as possible.
Alternately, and here's a wackadoodle thoguht, you make Reke the swinger not the swingee.

I know, I know. Coaching genius of unprecedented level.

So when we suck, it's on Smart and his lack of a system. But when the play well, it's because of individual effort and has nothing to due with Smart?

No double standard there at all
Brooks played the ENTIRE second quarter and went 5-6 for 13 points. He had 0 turnovers and 3 assists. You are doubting it was individual effort?

Brooks played the ENTIRE second quarter and went 5-6 for 13 points. He had 0 turnovers and 3 assists. You are doubting it was individual effort?
Brooks didn't score 36 points in the 2nd quarter did he? The ball movement we just saw in the 2nd was easily the best we've seen in a long, long time. Salmons, Cousins, Brooks were all dishing the ball around the court resulting in great shots. And we actually had players on the floor who can make those shots

The day Big Emotional Cuz ignores the occasional goof of officials and just goes to the next play as he's slowly doing is the day he reaches super-stardom.