[Game] Kings vs. Hawks 11/16/12

Damn 70 points going into the 4th. If we lose, I bet the next day in practice, Smart is going to have those interviews where he says to be positive and how the team just have to make their shots. 2 full days of practice and we all see the same crap every night.

Can't watch the game tonight, but am I seeing that linuep right? Is that Brooks, Fredette, Thornton, Salmons, and JT?

Edit: and now Robinson in for JT. SMH

Last edited:
This team is terrible, our "stars" play like stars once or twice every other week and our "roleplayers" have no roles to speak of. I've seen just about every team in the Western Conference play and we are without a doubt the worst team in the west. just embarassing year after year now

Your understanding of team defense and where the lapses start is poor. Your focus on all things Reke is ridiculous.

All 5 weren't just Reke's fault. There's also mistakes by others on almost every trip. Yet, it's Reke, Reke, Reke.
MY Focus on all things Reke? Pretty absurd notion coming from the likes of you

Im not the one who doesn't understand Team defense here. You don't rotate off of Korver under any circumstance. You have to trust your bigs to pick up penetration if you're getting burned like IT was by Teague. If you do rotate off Korver, you're letting a top 3 shooter in the NBA have wide open looks. 2 of the threes Korver hit were simply because Reke gave him too much space and played lax defense.

Last edited:
MY Focus on all things Reke? Pretty absurd notion coming from the likes of you

Im not the one who doesn't understand Team defense here. You don't rotate off of Korver under any circumstance. You have to trust your bigs to pick up penetration if you're getting burned like IT was by Teague. If you do rotate off Korver, you're letting a top 3 shooter in the NBA have wide open looks. 2 of the threes Korver hit were simply because Reke gave him too much space and played lax defense.
On that last three he got screened off by Horford. Korver cut to the 3 point line and Reke got screened off, Cuz didn't rotate to help. I don't see what you expect Reke to do there - even if he goes over the screen he'd be giving Korver too much space by your standards.

Last edited:
I thought JT and Reke played well. Don't agree it's the starters. It's part of the starting lineup killing the rest. Cuz seems out of it for some reason as well.
You're right, JT and Evans were fine. As a unit, though, they sunk us in the 1st and the bench bailed us out. They sunk us in the 3rd and the bench is trying to do it again.

You're right, JT and Evans were fine. As a unit, though, they sunk us in the 1st and the bench bailed us out. They sunk us in the 3rd and the bench is trying to do it again.
Starting lineup has to be changed. Either Reke/MT backcourt, or IT/MT/Reke, or even just replace JJ with Salmons.

I hate these options, but they're better than what we have going now.

ATL really cranking up their defense now - and have played way better D than Kings throughout. Kings improved D is a myth or if improved it's like saying Washington Generals are only losing to the Harlem Globetrotters by 30 instead of usual 50.

Smart could be gone real soon. I also wouldn't be surprised if Evans is traded by the deadline.
Also wouldn't be surprised if Evans goes on to another team and at least goes back to somewhere near his rookie statline, while we start scouting the top 5 picks for next year's draft.

Reke
MT
Salmons
JT
Cousins

Is the new starting 5 I'd like to see. IT and Reke are another duo that seemingly cannot exist. They just freeze each other out