[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 1/13/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

He was kind of the heart and soul of that team. Rauf was maybe a better player but the anthem incident I don't think he was ever going to recover from.
I forgot he was coming off the season where the anthem thing happened. Because on paper it was a steal(Rauf was a 20 per game guy the season before I think) but Rauf was checked out from the moment he got here and was out of the league after 2 seasons here. He is definetly on my All Kings Let Down Team with Nick Anderson as guys who I was very stoked about the Kings getting but turned out to be terrible.

I still think it comes down to Luke trusting Holmes more at this point. And as much as I like the way Marvin has played lately, I want Holmes in there when it counts. Marvin will get his shot, I think he is progressing nicely since the incident and seems to be rounding out his game.
I think Walton is a fairly terrible coach but I don't think he's petty. He's desperate. When his butts on the line he's going to find a Cory Joseph or similar role player to carry him through. It's his MO. No doubt about it. Cory Joseph can fail on D all night but as soon as a Buddy Hield or Marvin Bagley do something wrong it's all over for them.
This would ordinarily be my take. But then Metu checked into the game.

I know it's better then getting blown out and they played hard, but blowing two 20 point leads in a game really pisses me off. Like i almost expected it the first time, and had a feeling it was gonna happen the second but it's still frustrating to see it happen

I know it's better then getting blown out and they played hard, but blowing two 20 point leads in a game really pisses me off. Like i almost expected it the first time, and had a feeling it was gonna happen the second but it's still frustrating to see it happen
and it’s not even just blowing the lead. It’s literally poof, gone in a matter of minutes

and it’s not even just blowing the lead. It’s literally poof, gone in a matter of minutes
Threemania has really made watching some games unbearable. Yes, I love it when the kings are pouring in the three ball, but it just feels so lame to see big leads evaporate in a matter of minutes because of a couple missed shots on one end and a hot three point shooter on the other.

I’m so GD sick of this overrated Portland team. Constantly bailed out by a broken officiating system that only exists to create stars out of player’s that aren’t really that. Half of Lillard‘s FT attempts were flat out gifts. Nothing more.

You can watch CJ McCollum catch a pass of a screen and take two steps without ever putting the ball down with the ref not even batting an eye yet Harrison Barnes gets called for traveling for lifting his pivot foot while simultaneously putting
the ball on the floor.

The NBA has always had a problem with star treatment since I first started following the game closely in the early 80’s. But their officiating system is so broken that it’s not even fair to refer to it as WWE anymore.

When Portland invariably plays Golden State or LA or Brooklyn or some team that has more name recognition than they do they don’t get those bail out calls. Their mostly awful shot selection results in Lillard or McCollum (or both) going 5-23 and Nurkic gets whistled for a large portion of the push offs he initiates under the basket (yes, I saw the egregious one against Barnes late Q4 tonight).

Happens every season.

But, yeah, they’re both great players — when allowed to take whatever amount of steps they need in order to create space or get to the spot on the floor they want to.

Sorry NBA. I have 20/20 eyesight.

I still think it comes down to Luke trusting Holmes more at this point. And as much as I like the way Marvin has played lately, I want Holmes in there when it counts. Marvin will get his shot, I think he is progressing nicely since the incident and seems to be rounding out his game.
Get his shot? It's his 3rd year. Even if he has a breakout at this point I wouldn't resign with them if my life depended on it. There is no reason why the 2nd pick of the draft shouldn't be playing right now they way he's playing. And I mean in the 4th too

Get his shot? It's his 3rd year. Even if he has a breakout at this point I wouldn't resign with them if my life depended on it. There is no reason why the 2nd pick of the draft shouldn't be playing right now they way he's playing. And I mean in the 4th too
as good as he has been playing, Holmes has been playing better. It’s really that simple.

as good as he has been playing, Holmes has been playing better. It’s really that simple.
Homes is a center Bagley is a PF. They start together. You don't have to pick one or the other. Play them both. No reason why he doesn't touch the floor every game in the 4th. You can't give me a good one. But I will listen to you try

Homes is a center Bagley is a PF. They start together. You don't have to pick one or the other. Play them both. No reason why he doesn't touch the floor every game in the 4th. You can't give me a good one. But I will listen to you try
Holmes is shooting 67 percent from the floor and 82 percent from the stripe. 70 percent true shooting percentage. Highest PER on the team and 30th best in the league.

Barnes has been the best player on the Kings so far this year.

Those are the guys you want to play Marvin Bagley over.

Sure you could slide Barnes back to the 3 and run Holmes, Bagley and Barnes but then you are putting either Buddy or Haliburton on the bench.

We have too much young talent to be playing the vets so much. No doubt. We are not winning any championships with Lebron and Leonard and KD running their super teams anyways...

We should be playing the crap out of Bagley and developing him. No question. He looks really promising and is only going to get better with his work ethic and helicopter dad helping him get stronger. Play the young man, Fox/Hali/HB/Bags/Holmes.

Holmes is shooting 67 percent from the floor and 82 percent from the stripe. 70 percent true shooting percentage. Highest PER on the team and 30th best in the league.

Barnes has been the best player on the Kings so far this year.

Those are the guys you want to play Marvin Bagley over.

Sure you could slide Barnes back to the 3 and run Holmes, Bagley and Barnes but then you are putting either Buddy or Haliburton on the bench.
What was buddy's fg percentage in 4th quarter? You could do exactly what you just said. Thank you. Buddy was missing everything in 4th and homes was getting bodied on the boards with no help downlow. How many off boards did they get in 4th? Bagley was doing things tonight that didn't show on stats sheet. Let me ask you, is he not part of the future? Does Holmes have more potential than Bagley?

The future should be centered around fox hil and Bagley. Those are the only ones with enough potential to get us over the hump. Everyone else is tradable are they not? Holmes possibly too but his skill set is limited even though he's playing like a beast right now

What was buddy's fg percentage in 4th quarter? You could do exactly what you just said. Thank you. Buddy was missing everything in 4th and homes was getting bodied on the boards with no help downlow. How many off boards did they get in 4th? Bagley was doing things tonight that didn't show on stats sheet. Let me ask you, is he not part of the future? Does Holmes have more potential than Bagley?
Buddy was the best player on the floor tonight so he has to stay out there. You live with the misses on good shots.

bagley has more potential for sure. We are trying to win games and we can still develop guys while we do that. Marvin has been getting better at the little things and can continue to do so in his current role. I suspect his minutes will continue to go up as the season progresses.

Buddy was the best player on the floor tonight so he has to stay out there. You live with the misses on good shots.

bagley has more potential for sure. We are trying to win games and we can still develop guys while we do that. Marvin has been getting better at the little things and can continue to do so in his current role. I suspect his minutes will continue to go up as the season progresses.
So we can't win games with Bagley? Honest question. Because with more pt and crunch time min I think it's our only hope. This same group had there chance last year. We all know this story

So we can't win games with Bagley? Honest question. Because with more pt and crunch time min I think it's our only hope. This same group had there chance last year. We all know this story
I hope we can win with him. I’ve been impressed with his defensive improvements and his willingness to get his teammates involved the last couple games. It seems as though he isn’t pressing as much and just rolling with things. It’s almost as if his dads odd tweet has taken some pressure off him.

Barnes was 3 of 9 today with 4 turn overs. Bagley was 4 of 5 man with more borders. I'm not saying Bagley is the next superstar. The kings said that when they drafted him. Let him play the dang game. Barnes for how great he's been is NOT the future

I hope we can win with him. I’ve been impressed with his defensive improvements and his willingness to get his teammates involved the last couple games. It seems as though he isn’t pressing as much and just rolling with things. It’s almost as if his dads odd tweet has taken some pressure off him.
And yet? 19 min with no show after mid 3rd quarter. There is no excuse for that I'm sorry

Can't be too mad about this one. Fox needs to shoot better from the FT line. I thought Buddy had his best game of the season, his shooting %s are kinda skewed by them having to chuck 3s at the end of the game, sad that none fell. Hopefully a good sign of things to come.