[Game] Kings vs. 76ers, 2/9/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Next two games are against the Magic and Grizzlies. Kings should win both if they continue to play at this level.

We've had moments like this in seasons past and the Kings have always let us down and got spanked by crappy teams just when we thought they were turning the corner. These games are going to be very important.

Kings outscored them 52 - 48 in the paint, shot 18 FTs to their 35.
I'm not going to straight up say refs.....

But we lost the lead and momentum because of ref mode, never could come back.
I’ll straight up say “refs“ for you.

The KINGS were in control of that game. Pace of play, everything. But can’t get the benefit of the whistle as the HOME team.

Late Q3 and Q4 were an officiating embarrassment.

Oh, and I’m beyond sick of seeing Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield get called for travel when lifting a foot a split second before putting the ball on the floor YET the likes of Jokic and Embiid do far worse all game long and never get called.

Thybulle and Milton were the difference in the 4th.
Thybulle defended De'Aaron better than Kawhi, Ben Simmons, Lonzo Ball, Eric Bledsoe, and Jimmy Butler combined. The dude's D is good. (Just don't ask him to play offense)
Please spare me this Thybulle crap. That dude should have fouled out of the game in Q4 alone. How many replays did you need to see of him hip checking or catching Fox on the wrist?? So he gets credit for blind or biased officiating? Sorry, but no.

Thybulle was only a difference in that he got away with numerous fouls. So props to him for that, I guess.

I know some of you feel like heroes for not ever blaming officiating. More power to you. But you’re blind if you don’t recognize the role it plays in the outcome of most games. Not just the terrible calls they do make, but more so the ones they don’t call. Or apply subjectively and not equally.

Tonight was just another link in the long chain. The KINGS have surely benefitted from poor calls or non-calls before, but they are typically on the short end of it.

And this is nothing new with regard to Fox not getting calls. It’s been happening all season and in seasons past. He doesn’t get half the calls most these supposed other star players get. He can’t even get a call against a dude named Thybulle.

Please don’t try to tell me Thybulle didn’t foul him numerous times. I’ll ignore you. I have two eyes and can count.

The KINGS were in control of that game. Pace of play, everything. But can’t get the benefit of the whistle as the HOME team.

Oh, and I’m beyond sick of seeing Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield get called for travel when lifting a foot a split second before putting the ball on the floor YET the likes of Jokic and Embiid do far worse all game long and never get called.

Please spare me this Thybulle crap. That dude should have fouled out of the game in Q4 alone. How many replays did you need to see of him hip checking or catching Fox on the wrist?? So he gets credit for blind or biased officiating? Sorry, but no.

Thybulle was only a difference in that he got away with numerous fouls. So props to him for that, I guess.

I know some of you feel like heroes for not ever blaming officiating. More power to you. But you’re blind if you don’t recognize the role it plays in the outcome of most games. Not just the terrible calls they do make, but more so the ones they don’t call. Or apply subjectively and not equally.

Tonight was just another link in the long chain. The KINGS have surely benefitted from poor calls or non-calls before, but they are typically on the short end of it.

And this is nothing new with regard to Fox not getting calls. It’s been happening all season and in seasons past. He doesn’t get half the calls most these supposed other star players get. He can’t even get a call against a dude named Thybulle.

Please don’t try to tell me Thybulle didn’t foul him numerous times. I’ll ignore you. I have two eyes and can count.
The 3 seconds non calls were annoying too, were a few tonight.

R

Reyes134

Joel Embiid is probably the MVP this year. What were you expecting?
I was hoping for more from Hassan. How many minutes is he playing? Also, why Holmes the only one playing tough on defense? I saw guys drive down the lane and Whiteside never helped. Easy layups and dunks from Hedo's cousin in second half.

Nice Post

while I agree that we get screwed by the refs a lot, we are also getting close to being a team that won’t need the refs (they’ll give us a calls when that happens :p).

I thought Thybulle was great.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Joel Embiid is probably the MVP this year. What were you expecting?
Jokic and Zion killed us too. Richaun and Marvin can do a lot of things on a basketball court but defending full size centers with talent is not among them. That play where Marvin was in position to contest an Embiid dunk in the third quarter and shrunk away from contact instead looms large in my mind. Go up and get posterized there Marvin. We know you need to get stronger physically but it's a bad sign when you won't even make use of what you've got now.

Also Richaun getting called for some very questionable contact and spending large stretches of the second half on the bench because of it didn't help. It already pisses me off when they don't call moving screens on the other team all game but it's twice as annoying when they finally call an illegal screen on somebody and it isn't one.

Jokic and Zion killed us too. Richaun and Marvin can do a lot of things on a basketball court but defending full size centers with talent is not among them. That play where Marvin was in position to contest an Embiid dunk in the third quarter and shrunk away from contact instead looms large in my mind. Go up and get posterized there Marvin. We know you need to get stronger physically but it's a bad sign when you won't even make use of what you've got now.

Also Richaun getting called for some very questionable contact and spending large stretches of the second half on the bench because of it didn't help. It already pisses me off when they don't call moving screens on the other team all game but it's twice as annoying when they finally call an illegal screen on somebody and it isn't one.
I completely disagree with you on that play. There was no way he was going to block that dunk. The only thing he could've done was to give Embiid an and 1.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Thought Walton. Is managed the HB and Bagley minutes in the second half. Not utilizing Whiteside at all in the third and both guys getting gassed. These heavy minutes for the starters is going to eventually take its toll.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I completely disagree with you on that play. There was no way he was going to block that dunk. The only thing he could've done was to give Embiid an and 1.
The play itself didn't bother me. You're right that it was probably not worth the risk. What bothers me about it is that he is the last line of defense on the floor in that sequence and he made no effort to protect the basket. And in isolation yeah it's jut one play but it's a pattern of behavior with Bagley and that's what I find concerning. If we're going to go with a smaller lineup and Bagley is on the floor in the 5 spot it's his job to play tough out there and he's not doing it. He moves around pretty well on the perimeter and he's made strides this season as a help defender but he's straight up getting punked in the 5 spot and I want to see him get angry about it and start challenging people because that's the only way he's going to change his reputation.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
With the amount of minutes Whiteside is getting he could be taking names at the rim just now.

No idea why he gets less minutes that Bagley.
Even me, as Whiteside’s biggest fanboy, can admit his last two games have not been good.

When he’s on his game, he’s legit the biggest game-changing big on the roster. When his head is in the clouds or his tank is on E, it’s hard to have him on the floor.

From the boxscore, the bench did not contribute enough and Barnes had a fairly poor shooting night. Also 3 point and FT shooting was substandard.

It all adds up to an 8 pt loss. Move on.