[Game] Kings vs. 76ers, 2/9/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

its been a minute since the Kings have had a team that I felt could legitimately win every night. The defensive effort is there even if the results aren't what you want every time. There is a cohesiveness to this unit. If Marvin contributes like he did tonight we have another guy to count on occasionally. As satisfying as a loss can be for me.

R

Reyes134

Cojo was decent bit it seems he can't score anymore. Drove me nuts sometimes how he would get pickpocketed. I think they should look to trade him and we push guy up to backup pg. We also need some height/muscle on the inside. Poor Holmes gets all his fouls playing tough and we got Whiteside not contesting shots so i am a little confused what we are supposed to do. Its like he's hot and cold...he didn't do much tonight.

WTF was that, Buddy.

Take the three. Every time. There’s no reason for a Buddy dribble drive a middy floater.
That...was annoying. He threw up a "just chuck the ball at the hoop because I just got fouled" shot when he wasn't even close to getting fouled.

Two very winnable games coming up.

Kings keep up this energy they’ll be in pretty good shape.

Strong game from Fox. Even when they went at him with Thybulle, who played him tough...Fox still was able to get to where he wanted on the floor but his perimeter and mid range went cold just like the rest of the guys, the post game tone was that was an OK game for Fox. Shows the leaps he has made when a 34, 10, and 6 feels like it could’ve been better..much like his game vs, Miami.

Bagleys performance was notable since it was a rare game where he started off very quiet but slowly played himself into the game. The first quarter it looked like it was going to be a low output and low minutes game for him, but when he came back in after Richauns 3rd he really made an impact. I’d like to see even more of the Fox, Ty, Buddy, Barnes, Bags lineup. That one gave Philly fits in the second quarter,

Gotta play Whiteside. The numbers don’t lie. Chalk this up as another L when Whiteside is seldom used.

and finally, I’ve been very neutral in regards to Joseph for this season...but now it’s even clear the opposition doesn’t respect him either. His numbers this month are dismal and even Walton is steadily decreasing his minutes. He’s 10 feet from the basket and defenders are backing off of him. I think it’s a good idea to play another PG next to Haliburton off the bench, but I don’t think it would be too difficult to find an upgrade.

The non-calls vs calls at the end made the game hard to watch. Still, hit some 3s, make your FTs and we have a different outcome.
There were a few blatant 3 seconds the refs let go too, one really made me mad, the bench started yelling 3 after a camp in there for like 4 seconds, stayed in the key for like 2 more.

The 3 in the key and offensive fouls on screens are way inconsistant.

I just get confused with the minutes sometimes man.

Bagley to the bench after hitting a 3 in 4th
Barnes clearly gassed. He's playing way tok many minutes
Whiteside I'm sure could have helped a little. Wouldn't mind seeing a Whiteside Bagley moment from time to time.
Cojo trash still getting minutes.

Loved Bagley effort out there. We will win 7 out of 10 with effort like this but teams will hone in on fox hero ball and buddy shot seems to always be I consistent heading into the 4th.

Anyway. Good hard fought game. Not jumping on Walton bandwagon. Biggest difference I've seen in play is coming from players making great plays not coaches making great decisions and rotations imo

If by sign Barnes, you mean throw a huge contract at post-injury Wes Matthews, which we were thankfully saved from when he signed with the Mavs, then yes.
We were saved twice from albatross by other players, Anderson & Wes

I guess you could include Bonzi if you wanted to back in the day.

Now if we were only saved from JT, Landry, Thornton, Kosta, Hill, Randolph....