[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Friday, Dec. 14 - 7PT/10ET

:(

Hope this doesn’t take a lot of our guys going into the next one but this proves we’re much better than Dallas. Period. That Sunday game is ours and no excuses
Dallas is 13-2 at home...only Philly is better and that’s only because they’ve played one more home game. They’re like a more traditional up and coming team that is elite at home and dismal on the road. Kings decided to split it to being both .500 on the road and home.I think the Kings are a more talented group than Dallas but will likely also be without both Bagley and Shumpert. This is a rough stretch

Totally disagree. You don't take Fox out of this game because of 5 fouls with 3+ minutes left. Don't play ref as the coach in this situation. You'll never know whether Fox would have gotten an extra foul, but you DEFINITELY know that Fox is going out of the game when you pull him out of the game.
He would have fouled out. They were down 10...human nature is to give the champs every opportunity to make it an exciting finish. The NBA is entertainment, right? Anyway, Curry is very crafty. He would have baited Fox, Fox would have reached, and now you’re trying to close a game with a tepid Yogi and Bogi. Not great. I trust Joerger, the guy who actually knows the NBA.

I agree. As others have said, I don't think Joerger made the right call in taking out Fox with 5 fouls. But I do believe Joerger was right when he said the Kings were standing around too much in the last few minutes. As Joerger said, they need to push the pace and move bodies in order to win this kind of game.
Fox came back in with what, maybe 2 minutes left? The whole team was rattled down the stretch, including fox. They got timid and the warriors played championship D. Woulda coulda shoulda with the coaching decision. I can understand disagreeing, but to claim it’s some indefensible decision by coach is over the top in my mind.

=

So instead of us possibly losing Fox for the last 2 minutes, we decided to just do away with the guesswork and take him off the floor for the most crucial minute of the game? How does that possibly make any sense? Guess what, he came in 1:12 later and played the last 2 minutes with 5 fouls.

Again, I think there was absolutely merit to having Yogi play that defensive possession at the 3 minute mark. But you take the timeout right after that possession and get Fox back in the game to close things out.

Coach played prevent defense at the end of the game and it bit us in ass.
Yes, our sophomore would definitely pick up his 6th against two-time MVP and defending champ Steph Curry when they are down 10 and trying to mount a comeback. Welcome to the NBA.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He would have fouled out. They were down 10...human nature is to give the champs every opportunity to make it an exciting finish. The NBA is entertainment, right? Anyway, Curry is very crafty. He would have baited Fox, Fox would have reached, and now you’re trying to close a game with a tepid Yogi and Bogi. Not great. I trust Joerger, the guy who actually knows the NBA.
You don't know if he would have fouled out. It's a complete guess. But like I said, when you take him out, you do know he's not on the floor and certainly can't help you on the bench.

Kings just needed to share the ball, set up their offense and get the best shot or get to the line. They did neither. The collapse is a total team blame. Even if it meant playing a half court game. I don’t blame this on Joerger, as I do the players. Get a couple good shots at the end and close it out. Instead, Kings said you’re the champs, here’s the game. No Killer mentality, BbIq was non existent in the last 3 min.

I need someone to console me. I'm in bed and I can't get over this loss. Tell me good things.
The kings are for real. They shot the ball dreadful from 3 but kept fighting. Multiple times this game could have ended in a blowout loss and we all would have moved on, yet this team fought like hell. If one of the worst things we feel this year is that the team let two games against the warriors slip through their fingers, that’s not so bad.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Fox came back in with what, maybe 2 minutes left? The whole team was rattled down the stretch, including fox. They got timid and the warriors played championship D. Woulda coulda shoulda with the coaching decision. I can understand disagreeing, but to claim it’s some indefensible decision by coach is over the top in my mind.
I'm not saying it's indefensible. Some other coaches do the same thing. I just don't agree with it for what I think are sound logical grounds. Make the refs take Fox out of the game (by blowing a whistle on a 6th foul). Don't do it for them.

just caught up with the game. disappointing and yet encouraging. Losing Bagley and Shump hurt, but poor shooting from long range hurt more. not sure why Bjelica was not playing he was the only one that was shooting the three ball well (4-5). and yet we were right there with the 10 point lead and 3 minutes left. once I get over that feeling that a rug has been pulled out of under my feet, the positives from this game will come to focus. The positive is that even when shooting like crap and losing Bagley and Shumpert we can still compete with GSW. we need to analyze the last 3 minutes and see what we can improve on, but in the larger scheme of things we did ok and are on a good path.

That was a stupid move by King's coach taking De'Aaron Fox out. I was totally shocked by that move. Why would you do that? So what if he has 5 fouls...you got about 3 minutes in the game and Warriors are gaining momentum. There is no time to rest nobody. I thought he took him out for a breather....but really? You took him out because he has 5th foul? That was a pretty dumb move and i think it did cost the Kings. Another reason I don't understand is ....they just left De'Aaron Fox wide open at the 3 point land (many times)....why is he not taking the shot?? It's not like he can't shoot!! Take the shots and try to win it. Anyway, I thought the Kings play well enough to win if they just correct some stupid mistakes. Third thing I want to mention....they need to learn to box out when the ball is in the air...especially for players like Hield and Justin Jackson. They just stand around and let a Warriors player go in and grab the rebound for 2nd chance shots....this wasn't a couple times...it was more than that. So someone need better coaching.

You don't know if he would have fouled out. It's a complete guess. But like I said, when you take him out, you do know he's not on the floor and certainly can't help you on the bench.
OK. Instead Curry just gets open driving lanes and looks beyond the arc? Much better outcome than Joerger’s decision.

I'm not saying it's indefensible. Some other coaches do the same thing. I just don't agree with it for what I think are sound logical grounds. Make the refs take Fox out of the game (by blowing a whistle on a 6th foul). Don't do it for them.
I hear you....my comment wasn’t directed at you. Some others seem apoplectic.

Dallas is 13-2 at home...only Philly is better and that’s only because they’ve played one more home game. They’re like a more traditional up and coming team that is elite at home and dismal on the road. Kings decided to split it to being both .500 on the road and home.I think the Kings are a more talented group than Dallas but will likely also be without both Bagley and Shumpert. This is a rough stretch
Meh, Dallas hasn’t really beaten anyone tough IMO. We’re better and should take it if we play like we did tonight

They need to bring this effort every time

My issue was not Fox at the end. My issue was 35 Minutes for Fox, 34 Minutes for Bogdan, 33 for WCS and Hield.

Yogi at 15 min and Giles at zero was not enough. Our bench is better than their bench and we win by wearing them out. To use a cards analogy we needed to our 5’a to bear their 4’s not force our Kings head up against their Aces.

Just got back from the game.
The atmosphere was incredible. I've never been to a game like that and cant wait until we get into the playoffs! Great great game by both teams.

About the last 3 or 4 minutes...
Even the Warriors fans said we lost the game bc we took out Fox. The fan next to me clapped very loudly and slowly after the horn for a full minute, each clap a slap in my face. They are soooooo annoying. But our Kings media was trolling the hell out of them all night and it was freakin hilarious.

I disagree with people who say we did right by keeping up the pace. Its ez to say in hindsight but, we should have milked the clock! It's as if we CAN'T play that way. Gotta learn how, bc why not? If you're up 4 with 48 seconds left do you shoot it immediately? Even if you miss ur stil up 4 and they have to play the foul game.
Shoot Id bet 100 bucks if we put in ZBo and have him post up with 5 seconds left every possession we'd have won this game. Sigh, oh well. The Warriors are mortal and we didn't play our best. We will do just fine in the playoffs. A lot to learn from this.

My issue was not Fox at the end. My issue was 35 Minutes for Fox, 34 Minutes for Bogdan, 33 for WCS and Hield.

Yogi at 15 min and Giles at zero was not enough. Our bench is better than their bench and we win by wearing them out. To use a cards analogy we needed to our 5’a to bear their 4’s not force our Kings head up against their Aces.

Nobody wins by wearing out a team that has real talent. The problem is how the minutes are distributed. 36 mpg is a bottom line for a real starter and the Kings have 5 legit ones now. At the end of this one it was like it always seems to boil down to, Bogdan, Buddy, or Fox have to play an extreme amount of consecutive minutes. This seat of his pants rotation management has to be a little less common from here on. In looking at the play by play, Bogdan entered the game at the 6-7 mark of the 3rd and played the entire rest of the game! Buddy came in with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and played the whole 4th on top of that. He's saving them up in the first half by not playing them very much but I've never seen this before. And this year I've see similar management in more than a few games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It was criticized then.. BY EVERYONE! not after the fact. Taking Fox out of the game was uncomprehensible. I thought he had 5 fouls... I was like why? Does he really have 6 and fouled out? Fox was the only one show guts in the game. That move alone is going to make me feel different about Joerger.
Good grief dude.
1. It was not criticized by EVERYONE.
2. Our whole team showed guts and grit. They just weren't quite good enough or experienced enough against the freaking GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, who had to do everything they could to beat us.

Your posts are sounding like a poorly written Greek tragedy. All you're missing is the wailing chorus.

Nobody wins by wearing out a team that has real talent. The problem is how the minutes are distributed. 36 mpg is a bottom line for a real starter and the Kings have 5 legit ones now. At the end of this one it was like it always seems to boil down to, Bogdan, Buddy, or Fox have to play an extreme amount of consecutive minutes. This seat of his pants rotation management has to be a little less common from here on. In looking at the play by play, Bogdan entered the game at the 6-7 mark of the 3rd and played the entire rest of the game! Buddy came in with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and played the whole 4th on top of that. He's saving them up in the first half by not playing them very much but I've never seen this before. And this year I've see similar management in more than a few games.
Its almost like they needed their best players in the game to scratch and claw back from a double digit deficit against the world champs, and they ran out of gas. They were also down two of their top 6 guys down the stretch with injuries. You do what you have to to get back in the game and go from there. Maybe I’m just a glass half full kind of guy, but I personally want to give coach props for pulling the strings needed to keep us in the game.

36+ each for Klay, Curry and Durant. I’m completely baffled by this line of criticism.