[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Friday, Dec. 14 - 7PT/10ET

Yeah, you can because the issue beyond fatigue is rhythm. The management lacks that and I think we see swings in productivity and consistency as a result. Beyond not running the Kings best play for multiple possessions at at time which is pick and roll.
At what point do we simply acknowledge this is a young developing team that won less than 30 games last year. Sometimes there does not need to be a scapegoat.

gunks

Hall of Famer
At what point do we simply acknowledge this is a young developing team that won less than 30 games last year. Sometimes there does not need to be a scapegoat.
Right?

Also. .. it was the friggin full strength Warriors! The only reason we had that lead in the first place was a rediculous run of offensive fouls on their part (I think it was 5 in three minutes or something crazy like that) and all three of their stars going cold at the same time.

Warriors turned up their defense and started hitting the shots that they always make. If they lost to the Kings, now that would be a choke! An up and coming team losing to a rediculously OP contender? That's just a learning experience. Losing Bags early didn't help.

We'll get em. This team is just scratching the surface.

The NBA champs were better than us in the last 3 minutes and did what champs do. Both teams looked to be out of gas coming down the stretch but the champs found it within themselves. We will get there. I can't be mad at anybody - we almost won against full strength Warriors. Can't wait to run it back.
Better? Please come with an other adjective. Better was like the Kings last night... doesn't cut it. They literally took our soul and there was nothing we could do about it. It was like BMac bringing the ball up the court on Kawhi. We all know how that turned out. Kawhi took his soul. So Better no, it was something different than that.

When you don't see rotation management that doesn't look like a normal one and it's not showing negative effects on the floor? Youth can have many excuses tied to it but it doesn't mean you can't judge one singular aspect that may be at fault in a given moment. Much like last years offensive system and usage there are still certain aspects that are a bit wonky and youth isn't at fault here in this argument. There are many ways to find proper rest even if you don't have the depth on certain nights. I could buy they needed them and Bagley was hurt, but this wasn't the first game we've seen someone get burned into the ground at the end of the game and still not play anything more than close to average starters minutes anyway. It's a typical and simply a mistake.

Better? Please come with an other adjective. Better was like the Kings last night... doesn't cut it. They literally took our soul and there was nothing we could do about it. It was like BMac bringing the ball up the court on Kawhi. We all know how that turned out. Kawhi took his soul. So Better no, it was something different than that.

Kings will face a whole different beast in a couple weeks. Cousins is cleared to play after Christmas.

Kings will have no Answer for Cuz. None.

That was the Warriors A game. It took a poor shooting night and critical unforced errors in the last few minutes for the Warriors to beat the Kings.

The best thing about this night for me is that we're talking ingame strategy instead of our usual player x sucks commentary. The Kings have turned a corner and hopefully the fans too.

I would not say this was an A game for the Dubs.

18! Turnovers? 2 of the Dubs best defensive bench players were out? Livingston and Iggy. Cousins will be ready to suit up in 2 weeks.
Warriors defense this year is down.
But, last year they were stifling.

The Dubs are coasting. Almost apathetic.
While other teams worry about getting into the playoffs. Dubs are just thinking next ring.

King played well and matched them for 45 min.
But, Killer mentality always wins out.

They
Kings will face a whole different beast in a couple weeks. Cousins is cleared to play after Christmas.

Might not need an answer. Cuz was so dominating, guess what that did for us, not much. He just isn't a winning player. So he can have 40/15 as long as we get the W.

18! Turnovers? 2 of the Dubs best defensive bench players were out? Livingston and Iggy. Cousins will be ready to suit up in 2 weeks.

While other teams worry about getting into the playoffs. Dubs are just thinking next ring.

Unfortunately I agree..

When you don't see rotation management that doesn't look like a normal one and it's not showing negative effects on the floor? Youth can have many excuses tied to it but it doesn't mean you can't judge one singular aspect that may be at fault in a given moment. Much like last years offensive system and usage there are still certain aspects that are a bit wonky and youth isn't at fault here in this argument. There are many ways to find proper rest even if you don't have the depth on certain nights. I could buy they needed them and Bagley was hurt, but this wasn't the first game we've seen someone get burned into the ground at the end of the game and still not play anything more than close to average starters minutes anyway. It's a typical and simply a mistake.
You give the warriors your best shot and hope they can hang on. You see it as guys were overplayed in the second half and that cost them the game down the stretch. I see it as coach played the guys he had to come back from a double digit deficit against a dynasty and they just didn’t have enough to hang on. I guess we just see this one differently.

There are people who will come away from Friday night's game unhappy. That's too bad.

Maybe for the Cuz games the "Bullies get bullied in my hood" Guy will play.

You should not get your hopes up too high on the Big Fella. He ruptured his achilles tendon less than a year ago. I hope he makes a full recovery but his mobility may take some time to come back.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
They

Might not need an answer. Cuz was so dominating, guess what that did for us, not much. He just isn't a winning player. So he can have 40/15 as long as we get the W.
Cuz wasn’t a winning player because the franchise let him down at every opportunity. The story will be completely different when he’s surrounded by All-Stars and competent coaching.

When he went down last year he and AD had a winning record.

If Iggy and Livingston and Cousins?? They weren't there. What does that have to do with the players who were there playing at the top of their abilities? Their big 4 were there and had monster games. The Kings pace sped the Warriors up all game long and when that happens, so do turnovers. Warriors average nearly 16 turnovers a game to begin with, so it's not as if they were out of character.

If you want to slap me down for feeling good about competing with the Warriors, it's not gonna happen. Kings played well against a championship team. It's the Warriors fans who need to have some self reflection and wonder if the rest of the league is starting to catch up, even if it's only a little bit. This Warriors team could be the best team ever, and I'm not going to hang my head when my team competes with them in any game.

Last edited:
If you want to slap me down for feeling good about competing with the Warriors, it's not gonna happen. Kings played well against a championship team. It's the Warriors fans who need to have some self reflection and wonder if the rest of the league is starting to catch up, even if it's only a little bit. This Warriors team could be the best team ever, and I'm not going to hang my head when my team competes with them in any game.
Preach!

dude12

Hall of Famer

Says the resident Dubs fan.....the gap is closing

Maybe for the Cuz games the "Bullies get bullied in my hood" Guy will play.

You should not get your hopes up too high on the Big Fella. He ruptured his achilles tendon less than a year ago. I hope he makes a full recovery but his mobility may take some time to come back.
Rooting for him, but I just can’t see the fit here. GS big four needs a role playing low usage center who does the dirty work IMO

At least he has a good chance at a ring

Cuz wasn’t a winning player because the franchise let him down at every opportunity. The story will be completely different when he’s surrounded by All-Stars and competent coaching.

When he went down last year he and AD had a winning record.
We... don't always agree. I will leave it at that. Last year I know what Cuz and AD were doing. I kept a very close watch on them. In my fantasy Basketball League, I had both. I drafted AD in the first and Cuz in the 2nd round. It's funny that when they replaced Cuz with Miritic (or how ever you spell his name) they became a much better team. It's AD that was the star on that team. Cuz is a number getter. I love him, but the way he dominates the ball from an off guard position i don't think will ever translate in to many Ws. Just what I have seen from him. I could be wrong, but I could be right too (not very good odds in the later) ;)