[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Friday, Dec. 14 - 7PT/10ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That last sequence it did. The Kings have mostly been beaten in the half court tonight off of back screens and simple cuts so far.
the game plan is not successful versus this opponent but the Kings don't have size to do much on the inside versus them so they think chucking up a ridiculous amount of three's and bricking them is what's going to get them back in this game.

Yeah.. Kerr is a great coach. He teaches the art of illegal screens that won't be called. I wish Joerger would do that. It seems the best teams are always doing funny business on their screens.
Do something every time down the floor, the refs will eventually stop calling it.

That’s why the Kings shouldn’t give up at seemingly stupid swipes at the ball when they get beat. Eventually the refs will thinks it’s part of their charm and stop calling it

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I've seen Kawhi plenty. He isn't the same defender right now until he gets his game legs back from not playing almost a full season but I would still take him over any other defender because you can punish Draymond inside if you don't bail him out with jumpshots only.
The thing with Dray is that he doesn't let you get that inside position often. You can reasonably expect him to play 1-5 but Kawhi isn't quite thick enough to guard most centers.

Best defender haha dudes not even top 10 take into account refs letting him get away with absolute murder and I could name 20 better defenders

Dude, you’re a Curry hater. Statistically and Legitimately one of the best Pg’s of all time.

I have mad respect for the guy. Tireless work ethic, undersized, plays 48 every night.

He’s a legend. If Fox is ever half of Curry I would be thrilled. So, he’s not first team D right now after a serious injury.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dude, you’re a Curry hater. Statistically and Legitimately one of the best Pg’s of all time.

I have mad respect for the guy. Tireless work ethic, undersized, plays 48 every night.

He’s a legend. If Fox is ever half of Curry I would be thrilled. So, he’s not first team D right now after a serious injury.
This wasn't the argument.

MOD NOTE: Questioning the fanhood of another member of this forum is not allowed. Especially when the person being questioned has been a member of this board for a very long time.
I believe that was for me. I thought that was pretty valid. Plus I explained why I felt the way I do. Ohww well... I am a KINGS fan ONLY. I don't watch, root, or like any other teams.. or even one bucket they might make.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The thing with Dray is that he doesn't let you get that inside position often. You can reasonably expect him to play 1-5 but Kawhi isn't quite thick enough to guard most centers.
I wouldn't want Kawhi guarding centers. Some of the best players they will have to go through are perimeter players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wouldn't want Kawhi guarding centers. Some of the best players they will have to go through are perimeter players.
Yeah, I don't want to make it sound like I don't think Kawhi isn't a good defender because I think he's the best perimeter defender in the league. I just think that Draymond's versatility makes him a more impactful defender over a full 82 game season than Kawhi.

In the playoffs against Lebron or Durant though, I'd take Kawhi.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I don't want to make it sound like I don't think Kawhi isn't a good defender because I think he's the best perimeter defender in the league. I just think that Draymond's versatility makes him a more impactful defender over a full 82 game season than Kawhi.

In the playoffs against Lebron or Durant though, I'd take Kawhi.
I suppose this will be put to the test should the Warriors and Raptors meet in June.

This issue is there's just no good way to play the Warriors when they're at full strength. You can't get in a track-meet with them, or they do what they're doing to us now. You can't slow it down and play in the half-court against they're probably the greatest half-court offense in NBA history.

Basically, you need beyond elite perimeter defense, elite floor spacing, have a franchise level #1 capable of producing like a KD or Steph (preferably 2 of these guys), bigs with great lateral quickness that can switch out on the perimeter and depth to take advantage when they're only running 2 of their studs instead of 3 or 4. Even if you have all that, more than likely you need 2 of Steph/Klay/Durant to have an off night to beat them.

It’s fashionable to bash the Dubs. But, call it like you see it. 2 Hof’ers and mult All Stars.

Kings have made huge strides this year. But, to think they are at the same level as the Dubs?