[Game] Kings v. Timberwolves - Monday, Feb. 26 - 7 PT

Everything about Caboclo reminds me of Rudy Gay. Of course not saying the guy has nearly the skill, but his frame, way he moves and how he plays on offensive remind me 100% Rudy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Night all. I've got 2 programs I'm recording at 9 pm and I don't think the Kings are gonna pull this one out. :)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
In addition to building muscle I would really like to see Skall to work on moving with out the ball and anticipating. He seems out of position just way too much and it erodes his effectiveness on each end. Moreover it would help him become at least an average re-bounder. A good start would be watching tons of tape of Rodman playing back in the day.

No idea why there is a need to popoo on Caboclo in this thread. I think its a very good idea to give him a shot. Let that sink in: In his 4 years in Toronto he played a total of 112 minutes and got 42 field goal attempts. Thats it. Tonight in one game with the Kings he got 19 minutes and 7 shots already. He had a nice turn away jumper and a nice hustle play + finish. There is absolutely no reason to not give him a shot. He is 6'11, athletic and can shoot. He moves his feet well on defense. He can switch on bigs and on wings. Lets see if he can develop his instincts and IQ by giving him minutes.

No idea why there is a need to popoo on Caboclo in this thread. I think its a very good idea to give him a shot. Let that sink in: In his 4 years in Toronto he played a total of 112 minutes and got 42 field goal attempts. Thats it. Tonight in one game with the Kings he got 19 minutes and 7 shots already. He had a nice turn away jumper and a nice hustle play + finish. There is absolutely no reason to not give him a shot. He is 6'11, athletic and can shoot. He moves his feet well on defense. He can switch on bigs and on wings. Lets see if he can develop his instincts and IQ by giving him minutes.
Seriously.

I mean, he hustles. That's apparently enough for people to fall in love with a worthless player like Cooley, but he's just getting **** on for some reason.

From what I can see he outplayed JJ. I hope he gets the opportunity, if nothing else that wingspan is impressive.

He didn't play in Toronto because he sucks. He had every opportunity to play and get PT. They have 5 players on their rookie contracts who play at least 18mpg.

He's not a NBA player.

He didn't play in Toronto because he sucks. He had every opportunity to play and get PT. They have 5 players on their rookie contracts who play at least 18mpg.

He's not a NBA player.
Maybe.... The Kings have nothing to lose by giving him more playing time. He is just 22.....

I believe in giving a person a second environment to either thrive or falter in. I had to work so missed Bruno's minutes, but as others have said, what do we have to lose? Perhaps different teachers might get through to him, and there is the language barrier. The man didn't speak any english upon arriving with the Raps.

He's not a NBA player.
Good point, the "Toronto can't play young guys" argument does not work here. And yes, of course he wasn't good there. But if he was good Toronto would not have traded him in the first place. So the moment he got here that was already established to me.
But now the hope is that maybe he can get better in a new environment. There is nothing to lose If you get him real NBA minutes. Either he does well, gets a confidence boost and maybe you bring him back next year. Or he does not, and you move on.

Agreed.

He's only had a few practices with the team, I think he played fairly well, give the kid a break.

There is no harm in giving him some PT to see what he can do. If nothing else, he is long, athletic and active. He battled KAT and held his own. His form on his shot looks workable.

I can see him developing into a 3 and D type SF.

I'm hoping he shows enough to bring him back next year for a longer look. :)

Good point, the "Toronto can't play young guys" argument does not work here. And yes, of course he wasn't good there. But if he was good Toronto would not have traded him in the first place. So the moment he got here that was already established to me.
But now the hope is that maybe he can get better in a new environment. There is nothing to lose If you get him real NBA minutes. Either he does well, gets a confidence boost and maybe you bring him back next year. Or he does not, and you move on.
He is a perfect end of bench prospect. Was a late comer to gameike skal and wcs. Hard to build awarness and anticipation witbout experience and time in he game. He started very late okaying ball then had a rough transition comig over. There is still a good shot he develops. At worst its easy to see a interesting defensive player in him. A few years learing to shoot the 3pt and you got something!

Even though they fell apart in the 3rd, I still enjoyed watching the young guys play. Much more interesting than the vets.

Skal did a good job against Gibson, who's specialty is guarding guys with Skal's skill set. He got out muscled but that's to be expected for now.

Buddy is such a good shooter. He would be crazy efficient if he was on a team that got him open looks.

WCS is owned by KAT. He tries way too hard every time they go head to head and always get embarrassed.

Loved seeing Fox's threes go in tonight. His defense on Teague was awful and his half court play was just as bad.

Why does Wiggins always turn into superman against us?

Thumbs up to Joerger for getting Bruno out there.

He's not a NBA player.
I find i often agree with you but not in this case. If Bruno is a hard worker he will be a good nba player. It isnt just normal NBA athleticism this kid has but elite Greek tje Freak level. Very raw yes, but when taken ito accout him coming to the game late in life and then his difficult transition to NBA (mostly due to coming at such young age while underdevelopedand not speaki g english) it is no surprise he is behind the curve for a nba player in his 4th year. I think the payoff with this kid will be huge for the team that can be patient with him. Toronto is wanting to challenge for the crown in the east so doeant have room for a project. The kings however are the perfect type of place for a kid like him. I very much want to see him remian a king. He will be anotjer late bloomer ala whiteside type of players

Last edited: