[Game] Kings v. Timberwolves - Monday, Feb. 26 - 7 PT

No idea why there is a need to popoo on Caboclo in this thread. I think its a very good idea to give him a shot. Let that sink in: In his 4 years in Toronto he played a total of 112 minutes and got 42 field goal attempts. Thats it. Tonight in one game with the Kings he got 19 minutes and 7 shots already. He had a nice turn away jumper and a nice hustle play + finish. There is absolutely no reason to not give him a shot. He is 6'11, athletic and can shoot. He moves his feet well on defense. He can switch on bigs and on wings. Lets see if he can develop his instincts and IQ by giving him minutes.
We have every reason to play Bruno. Like others have already mentioned, I too am pro-lin, and I think he'll help in that department at this stage. More than that though, the kid is a natural 3, our biggest position of need. If we end up picking a big in the draft, we'll need to get a 3 via FA/trade (Vinsanity too won't be here next year). We at least need to see if he has the potential to stick around in NBA before we decide on him this summer.

Am I the only one here that is worried about the lack of rebounding from our young bigs going forward. WCS with 5 and Skal with 4 and this not an event, its a trend.

This team will not go anywhere unless they can rebound the ball. Meanwhile KAT had himself 17 rebounds against us.

Just finished the game

Buddy is coming on he’ll be very good off the bench

Skal will be very good as well just don’t post him up unless it’s vs a smaller player. He’s automatica in pick and pop and should be deadly with Fox. Hopefully he keeps improving his defense.

Fox is already a better shooter than we hooped he would be he’s now at 34% on 2 attempts. He’ll get better every year and off season

The Bruno hate is mind boggling I read the thread before I watched the game I was expecting to see him play an all time bad game and he didn’t.

Am I the only one here that is worried about the lack of rebounding from our young bigs going forward. WCS with 5 and Skal with 4 and this not an event, its a trend.

This team will not go anywhere unless they can rebound the ball. Meanwhile KAT had himself 17 rebounds against us.
I’m not sure either big will be starting next year so no not terribly. I suspect Giles and whomever we draft surpasses them.

We have every reason to play Bruno. Like others have already mentioned, I too am pro-lin, and I think he'll help in that department at this stage. More than that though, the kid is a natural 3, our biggest position of need. If we end up picking a big in the draft, we'll need to get a 3 via FA/trade (Vinsanity too won't be here next year). We at least need to see if he has the potential to stick around in NBA before we decide on him this summer.
I agree, let them play and see what we have. Mostly I want to see who makes the right rotations and switches on defense.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

The rebounding has been an issue since the blockbuster trade. I've been preaching the Kings get tough and get some serious size in the draft and/or off season, the team is paper tissue soft and it shows.

Definitely not. That's the big concern with the bigs right now. I think between WCS and Skal they can score, block some shots, and defend on the perimeter fairly well for bigs, but post defense and rebounding is iffy.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
No Temple, VC or Bo for the whole game and little spurts of Kosta with lots of playing time for the youth. It was a good night and that was the only reason I stuck around and watched the game a little longer than I usually would. Nice to see Caboclo getting some run.

First impression? Bruno Coboclo isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
He’s playing basically his first game all year. On a new team. Also he’s 22 years old. I think it’s probably nerves and total lack of game experience. Everyone of our players looked “special” when the season started in this Joerger offense.

Okay, Jertavious. You keep praising Coboclo's athleticism. I'll keep thinking of who we can get to fill his roster spot next season. :p
Bruno showed more NBA promise in his rebound put back one hand dunk than Papa did his whole career. I’m not saying he’s the second coming of MJ but like the TOR beat writer pointed out this kid just needs playing time and unfortunately TOR was in a win now situation with top to bottom one of the best rosters in all of basketball.

Skal is young and developing, and has a good work ethic so I expect him to put on some muscle over time. He looks bigger than last year, and notably added in the summer. Very talented kid that whose future I look forward to. As of now the PF of the future

WCS...

But this is why we haven’t seen the thin towers as much, as there is no true defensive anchor in the pair, or someone checking the big boys and clearing boards. Skal can mature as a weak side shot blocker though

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Again, I like what I saw from Skal. His confidence is growing and his shooting percentage is growing with it, or maybe vice versa. He certainly didn't get outplayed by Gibson; if anything Skal outplayed him. In a couple of years Skal will totally leave a guy like Gibson in the dust because he won't by out-physicalled by him at all in the post.

In my opinion, neither Bogs nor Fox has the edge that they had prior to the All Star break. They've both lost some mojo and the team's performance is suffering accordingly. The only guy to play better after the break has been Skal.

It's these kind of performances from WCS that make me skeptical about his long term future with the Kings. Sorry, I just don't see him as the answer at the center position. It could be a very good thing that this draft has several good big men in it.

Far too much dribbling and not enough passing from this young team, and Joerger mentioned as much. Speaking of Joerger, thanks, Joerger, for getting with the program and playing the youngins. We had a problem with the intra-office memo getting delivered, but it looks like the mail boy finally found your office.

You’re not the only one concerned about our bigs’ weak rebounding; namely WCS and Skal. Both are long and athletic and need to do better. But we also realize that neither one of them are the sort of bigs who plant themselves under the basket and pad their rebound stats (like a Reggie Evans or a Olden Polynice). Rebounds are important, but so is being active and effective on D. The kind of rebounder that I most appreciate is a strong defender who, in a crowd, is most likely to come away with the rebound (regardless of the stat sheet after the game).

No. We are the worst defensive rebounding team in the NBA. There is no part about that that shouldn't worry someone.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The rebounding is an issue for sure.

I don't really buy the excuse of WCS being out of position due to having to defend the perimeter either. He and Skal had multiple rebounds taken right out of their hands under the basket all night. Those two get bullied on the regular.

Last edited:
Again, I like what I saw from Skal. His confidence is growing and his shooting percentage is growing with it, or maybe vice versa. He certainly didn't get outplayed by Gibson; if anything Skal outplayed him. In a couple of years Skal will totally leave a guy like Gibson in the dust because he won't by out-physicalled by him at all in the post.

In my opinion, neither Bogs nor Fox has the edge that they had prior to the All Star break. They've both lost some mojo and the team's performance is suffering accordingly. The only guy to play better after the break has been Skal.

It's these kind of performances from WCS that make me skeptical about his long term future with the Kings. Sorry, I just don't see him as the answer at the center position. It could be a very good thing that this draft has several good big men in it.

Far too much dribbling and not enough passing from this young team, and Joerger mentioned as much. Speaking of Joerger, thanks, Joerger, for getting with the program and playing the youngins. We had a problem with the intra-office memo getting delivered, but it looks like the mail boy finally found your office.
If Giles pans out someone you can start (let's not talk stardom right now) or we pick a big in the draft, then you'd have to start wondering about it.

Now, I like WCS just fine, but I have to feel that he would be the most expendable of the bunch should that happen. An (apparently) motor workhorse like Giles or a man-among-boys like Ayton and you can get away with a more finesse player like Skal next to him. It might even be preferable to do that.

I want to give James Ham a little credit. On the blazers pregame he called out WCS for his lovey dovey post-game comments about KAT. I completely agree - I cringed when I saw that discussion by WCS.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I want to give James Ham a little credit. On the blazers pregame he called out WCS for his lovey dovey post-game comments about KAT. I completely agree - I cringed when I saw that discussion by WCS.
Yes, that was pretty shocking. Christie, the nice guy that he is, could barely say anything. This is concerning because it goes to the issue of heart, motivation, and competitiveness. These qualities don't seem to come naturally to WCS and that is a concern going forward.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He is part of the paper tissue soft problem that this team has going on. He doesn't have that fire or hate for his opponent. I sure hope Skal or Giles aren't like that, I'm holding out hope for them.

Yes, that was pretty shocking. Christie, the nice guy that he is, could barely say anything. This is concerning because it goes to the issue of heart, motivation, and competitiveness. These qualities don't seem to come naturally to WCS and that is a concern going forward.
I let blast on twitter when I first saw the WCS interview... then pulled it down because it was mean-spirited. But Ham just let it fly.

Time to play some catch-up on the game threads (work has taken over my life)...

I don't think I need to expand on this but, as almost every single person who has posted in this thread has mentioned, Goodness Me!!!!!!! We were taken to school in the "rebounding" department.....KAT, himself, took us to school. If anything, I hope this game was a learning experience and a serious eye opener for our bigs (WCS). We need to stop being so darn soft and the kids need to be willing to sacrifice their entire body to jump into the lane and battle for the darn boards.

With all of that being said. We are still young. We are still growing. And growing up we are seriously doing. I hope we don't ever stop growing. Like ever. This team is going to be fun to watch in the future (and the "future" might be here a lot sooner than most on this board seem to think it will......)

I am excited. Go Kings!