[Game] Kings v. Thunder - Monday, Nov. 19 - 7 PT

I like him too but Fox is our motor. I still think Bogdan should start.
Well, I think starting is good for Hield.. The team is brewing nicely this year. Joerger did a good job tonight leaving bench players in some extra minutes against strong competition. This win tops the Spurs win as most impressive. What's more impressive is despite Fox and Cauley Stein having poor shooting nights, the team rallied .......I attribute all of this and the win naturally to Bjelica Bellwether scoring 12 pts. No the team has done well to protect home-court since the Laker debable. Now they need to return the early loss favor to the Jazz in Salt Lake.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lol . Was just messing around :). I shouldn’t have even responded to that original post, but there was something about their posts I found mildly amusing, I mean minus the insults of course .
Another fun game tonight VF :)
Yep. And one I was able to watch start to finish. Good night to be a Kings fan.

For those guys who find it necessary to complain about Fox and his mistakes, do you want him to be aggressive or not? Because a PG who plays that aggressive is going to make mistakes. And Fox is the one who sets the tone for the Kings. You can wish the mistakes were fewer, but you should really be appreciative of what you get from an aggressive, lighting fast, and smart PG who is leading your team to more success than anyone expected this year.

after Harden, Westbrick is the second most unwatchable player in the NBA
Funny, I said the same thing of Harden to my wife the other day. I'm so glad I'm not a Rockets fan and I totally understand why that arena was 1/2 empty the other night.

People can say what they want about him being great or whatever, but Harden's game is awful to watch. So is the Rockets play as a team for that matter.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, THREE. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, THREE. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, HERO BALL.

Rinse, repeat.

I also agree that Chris Paul is awful too. And I used to like that dude long ago.

Westbrook doesn't bother me as bad as those 2 do. But I do tire of his trash talk and rocking the baby crap. Dude often builds shelters for the homeless with all the bricks he puts up from the perimeter yet thinks he's all that. And he totally is a stat hoarder.

Russ won the stat battle with De'Aaron tonight, but lost the war because De'Aaron led his team to a much needed 'W'.

That's 2 wins over OKC when Russ picked the KINGS for his return. Maybe he'll learn someday.....

For those guys who find it necessary to complain about Fox and his mistakes, do you want him to be aggressive or not? Because a PG who plays that aggressive is going to make mistakes. And Fox is the one who sets the tone for the Kings. You can wish the mistakes were fewer, but you should really be appreciative of what you get from an aggressive, lighting fast, and smart PG who is leading your team to more success than anyone expected this year.
what what? I was at the game - not following the thread. you trying to tell me there were people here picking on Fox throughout the game?

smh wow

Watching Bagley the perfect fit for him would be Nik Vucevic (big body can space the floor/smart player) I'm sure Vlade can pull some strings in the off-season to get him here with Serbia/Montengro connection

Before I made my comment about Fox’s play in the last minute I really weighed his aggressive play which we all love against what he should of done. Having said that he makes that layup more than he misses and if it went in the thunder would of been just about done for.

As for the technical he probably had enough of Westbrook running his mouth all night.

Wake up NBA as we may lay a egg often but don’t think we can not beat anybody in the league at any time. Our closing out of games this year has had us on the edge of our seats in about half of our wins but we are showing the fortitude to play the right way and I love it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Funny, I said the same thing of Harden to my wife the other day. I'm so glad I'm not a Rockets fan and I totally understand why that arena was 1/2 empty the other night.

People can say what they want about him being great or whatever, but Harden's game is awful to watch. So is the Rockets play as a team for that matter.

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, THREE. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, THREE. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, HERO BALL.

Rinse, repeat.

I also agree that Chris Paul is awful too. And I used to like that dude long ago.

Westbrook doesn't bother me as bad as those 2 do. But I do tire of his trash talk and rocking the baby crap. Dude often builds shelters for the homeless with all the bricks he puts up from the perimeter yet thinks he's all that. And he totally is a stat hoarder.

Russ won the stat battle with De'Aaron tonight, but lost the war because De'Aaron led his team to a much needed 'W'.

That's 2 wins over OKC when Russ picked the KINGS for his return. Maybe he'll learn someday.....
maybe he'll take a page out of Lonzo Ball's book and appear with mysterious injuries

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Shump looking out for his youngsters, teaching them the ropes and giving them words of wisdom with every game & practice. This reminds me of last season when Z-Bo gave a player a couple thousand dollars I believe? I can't remember the reason or to whom but I read it somewhere. Not just that, he was always in the bigs' ears giving them insight.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade tricking the Cavs into trading for George Hill and taking our new vet leader from them in the process was a low-key fantastic move.
don't forget, it's a contract year for Mister Shump and he's been healthy thus far in the season where usually, he is good to miss a number of games. He has been working though so he isn't as useless as posters made him out to be prior to the season. Occasionally he'll give the Kings a much needed scoring output but you can't expect that from him always because he isn't that type of player. He's a serviceable 3 & D player who provides some vet leadership and championship experience.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Don't mind Harry going after Jones but Harry might stay on the floor a little longer and play more in the second half if he'd quit picking up 3 fouls in one stint. He's done this 3 times now in his last 4 games. Hard to get more minutes when you're a walking foul machine.
that tweet should be taken as constructive criticism and not an attack on Harry. He is young and naive right now so he doesn't believe he is fouling all the time but that's what he is known for right now, sad to say.

that tweet should be taken as constructive criticism and not an attack on Harry. He is young and naive right now so he doesn't believe he is fouling all the time but that's what he is known for right now, sad to say.
Lemme play devils advocate for Harry here for a second cuz this seems to be one-sided.... Harry is not gonna get more than a few minutes per game anyways, him picking up a few fouls is fairly inconsequential.... Steven Adams is a 55% FT shooter... I don't really have an issue with him picking up those fouls... He does has a major propencity for picking em up, and in the future if he hopes to play big minutes it could manifest itself into a problem, for now he might've been instructed to use his fouls liberally, there's a lot of mediocre FT' shooters in the NBA, look no further than our team LOL, fouling the right dude is a good defensive possession for the Kings as far as I'm concerned.

If I had to nitpick his game last night I'd be talking about the 2 bad offensive misreads, one where he tried to fly across the lane in the statue of liberty pose and got blocked to smithereens by Jerami Grant, and there was another a 4 or 5 foot push shot that was contested and rushed, he was kinda double teamed too, swinging the ball would've resulted in an easy bucket.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Lemme play devils advocate for Harry here for a second cuz this seems to be one-sided.... Harry is not gonna get more than a few minutes per game anyways, him picking up a few fouls is fairly inconsequential.... Steven Adams is a 55% FT shooter... I don't really have an issue with him picking up those fouls... He does has a major propencity for picking em up, and in the future if he hopes to play big minutes it could manifest itself into a problem, for now he might've been instructed to use his fouls liberally, there's a lot of mediocre FT' shooters in the NBA, look no further than our team LOL, fouling the right dude is a good defensive possession for the Kings as far as I'm concerned.

If I had to nitpick his game last night I'd be talking about the 2 bad offensive misreads, one where he tried to fly across the lane in the statue of liberty pose and got blocked to smithereens by Jerami Grant, and there was another a 4 or 5 foot push shot that was contested and rushed, he was kinda double teamed too, swinging the ball would've resulted in an easy bucket.
we aren't only talking about this game but all the others prior to this one and the tendencies to pick up silly fouls. In no way do I see the Kings' coaching staff telling him to go out there and hack bad FT shooters when you should be teaching him the proper way to defend with the rules and the players' craftiness around the league now