[Game] Kings v. Thunder - 4/9/16 - 7:30PT, 10:30ET

Nice way to go out. Seeing all the old guys there was awesome. Loved the little exchange with Bobby and Doug where Bjax was insinuating that Karl was done. The look on Doug's face was hilarious.
The way I read that look and timing, was that Doug would like to be coaching the Kings next year.

K

KingMilz

Yeah, something has been off from the very beginning. No idea what, but completely out of the spirit of the thing. Did he want to do the pregame talk? Is he mad we tried to tank even THIS game by holding out Rondo? Was he expecting to be tanked/held out himself then pressed into service late? No idea but its something blatantly wrong.
By playing two guys who actually play D instead? Taking Rondo out helped a lot.

Shut up Napier.

If you would have been paying even an iota of attention you would have noticed Singler shoved DMC right in front of a ref to a no call.

Though if Napier had seen it, he would have commended Singler for showing such incredible MOXIE.
Grant's list of favorite Kings was telling.

Jon Barry. Vlade. Peja. Scott Pollard. Danny Ainge. Brad Miller

Quite telling.

Of course he doesn't see or ignores the actions of Kyle Singler and Koufos. It's part of the pattern.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Grant's list of favorite Kings was telling.

Jon Barry. Vlade. Peja. Scott Pollard. Danny Ainge. Brad Miller

Quite telling.

Of course he doesn't see or ignores the actions of Kyle Singler and Koufos. It's part of the pattern.
Pretty sure Ainge and JB were Reynolds favorites, not Napear. And I think they were talking about Tisdale being a favorite at the time.

Pretty sure Ainge and JB were Reynolds favorites, not Napear. And I think they were talking about Tisdale being a favorite at the time.
Well yeah, that's safe. Tis was only the nicest guy in the universe. No surprise there.

I'm just saying, Mitch or Cwebb, being the two best players in franchise history, might have come up in that discussion, instead of every no talent white guy the franchise has ever had. What, no mention of Jim les? Olberding? Joe Klein? Rich Kelly? Connor Henry maybe?

All kings immortals.

I'm just saying, Mitch or Cwebb, being the two best players in franchise history, might have come up in that discussion, instead of every no talent white guy the franchise has ever had.
Speaking of those two, where the hell were they last night? They can show up for their jersey retirement, but can't make it for the last game? I don't get it. Heck, Mitch has a small stake in the team. Why on earth he wasn't there is beyond me.

Honestly, the only former players that should get a free pass from the fans for no-showing are those that still have jobs in the league with other teams or are no longer with us.

Also, why wasn't Kenny Smith or Corliss Williamson announced during the halftime festivities? I get that Corliss was working, but they still could have announced his name as part of the 90's or 2000's teams. And Kenny Smith was in the building, why wasn't he announced even if not on the court with a jersey? I'm lost.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I didn't feel like digging through the threads for it.

It's sad that Brad Miller, Bonzi Wells, Kenny Thomas and Mo Evans were the newest Kings alumni worth bringing in(certainly a few guys missing like Kevin Martin, Ron Artest, Shareef) but after that team the franchise has been filled with mediocrity. Guys like Donte Greene, John Salmons, Spencer Hawes etc will just be remembered as relics of extremely dark times for this franchise.

The only redeemable alums from the last 8-10 years are Francisco Garcia, Jason Thompson, Beno Udrih, Isaiah Thomas, Tyreke Evans and thats about it. From near a decade of teams those are the only guys I would be happy to see in a reunion type event like Saturdays match.