[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Sunday, Jan. 28 - 4 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like every game vs the Spurs has felt shockingly the same for a long, long time. Kings compete, stay close until late third where Spurs defense clamps down and Spurs just execute, execute, execute and before you know it you're down 15 with no momentum.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I feel like every game vs the Spurs has felt shockingly the same for a long, long time. Kings compete, stay close until late third where Spurs defense clamps down and Spurs just execute, execute, execute and before you know it you're down 15 with no momentum.
Right?

They really love to cat and mouse us.

1 quarter left though. I'm ready to see a Fox lead comeback!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So I took a moment to read an article from a link in the DMC injury thread (good article BTW) and I come back and Fox is gone. Why?

EDIT: Never mind. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't mind this loss at all. I didn't expect them to win at full strength so I cannot possibly be upset that they can't pull it off with only 9 players available (and the head coach in the locker room).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fox was the only reason I continued to watch, he is gaining more and more confidence. He is taking step back threes, driving, dishing....this is what we expected out of the 5th pick. The rest of the team was mehh

This is the type of game you want to see from a rebuilding team. Be competitive and have a couple of rookies show you something.

Fox showed us the type of player he could be when the shot is falling (i.e. tough cover) and Jackson showed a bit as a role playing SF. Bogdan and Buddy could not buy a bucket.

Would have preferred to see Papa get 12-15 minutes of action tonight

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don’t mind the loss, wanted it to be a game
I honestly again have no clue what you're talking about. It WAS a game. We played hard despite a drastic shortage of available players. We saw Fox making some very good moves against some savvy Spurs veterans. We saw Vince Carter mentoring Buddy Hield which will absolutely pay dividends.

I really don't even know how Hield managed to get 19 minutes this game. He looked like a nervous high school player out there. He couldn't catch passes, missed wide open shots, blew defensive assignments, and was just basically useless. He needs to learn how to contribute in other facets of the game besides scoring if he wants to stick around in this league. Microwave 2 guards a dime a dozen.

His play has actually been very consistent through the “hype”. He struggled tonight but his January and much of his December were very steady. Not sure what you expect.
I’m not talking about tonight. I try to hold my observations til I notice an observable pattern, at least from my vantage

I honestly again have no clue what you're talking about. It WAS a game. We played hard despite a drastic shortage of available players. We saw Fox making some very good moves against some savvy Spurs veterans. We saw Vince Carter mentoring Buddy Hield which will absolutely pay dividends.
Fox was tremendous. If he stays healthy, he can be one of the top 2 or so picks from last draft. And Jackson showing he can be solid.

You seem to be positive, but it’s hard for the game to be over mid way through the fourth, for me. A little unsatiating, for me, personally

Status
Not open for further replies.