[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Sunday, Dec. 23 - 3PT/6ET

It takes energy and effort to play great defense. I see Buddy and Fox show it most of the time.
But really believe after running the other team around for 3 quarters they are slowing a step or two and the coach puts a good defensive team in and those two guys are fast enough the opposing back court must feel like they are running in quicksand against them at the end of the game.

Said it about Memphis and holds doubly true for New Orleans...this is the type of loss that could make them reevaluate their long term plans. They just played a great game and still got a huge lead walked down by a younger team who is prime competition for a playoff spot. This could have very easily been the coup de grace to AD’s tenure with the Pelicans...all due respect to New Orleans. Love the city, but these things happen, and AD has been pretty clear over the past week or so.
This is how it works. During the summer they can offer the super max. If he doesn't it take it then they can start to figure it out.

This is how it works. During the summer they can offer the super max. If he doesn't it take it then they can start to figure it out.
He basically said he’s not taking it this weekend. After tonight, they might feel it behooves them to open the bidding now when the gaining team would have a season and a half, plus maybe two playoff runs, to woo him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Said it about Memphis and holds doubly true for New Orleans...this is the type of loss that could make them reevaluate their long term plans. They just played a great game and still got a huge lead walked down by a younger team who is prime competition for a playoff spot. This could have very easily been the coup de grace to AD’s tenure with the Pelicans...all due respect to New Orleans. Love the city, but these things happen, and AD has been pretty clear over the past week or so.
The last time a franchise squandered a star player this bad, we wound up trading him for Buddy Hield and the picks that would become HG and Jackson.

He basically said he’s not taking it this weekend. After tonight, they might feel it behooves them to open the bidding now when the gaining team would have a season and a half, plus maybe two playoff runs, to woo him.
that's not what he said. He said legacy and championships mean more than money. Easy to say when the contract is not in front of you. If legacy means something to him then going the Lakers/Warriors tarnish it.

18 wins and December is not finished. If I remember correctly, several people predicted they would be lucky to win 17 for the entire season. I wish everyone would appreciate and just enjoy this season and team. I hesitate to use the term magical, but it almost is.

Sadly, no matter how well this team achieves, there are still the few that are never satisfied and always find something to complain about. I LMAO when I go back and read the game thread, it’s like they cut and paste the same old complaints from thread to thread.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
18 wins and December is not finished. If I remember correctly, several people predicted they would be lucky to win 17 for the entire season. I wish everyone would appreciate and just enjoy this season and team. I hesitate to use the term magical, but it almost is.

Sadly, no matter how well this team achieves, there are still the few that are never satisfied and always find something to complain about. I LMAO when I go back and read the game thread, it’s like they cut and paste the same old complaints from thread to thread.
There will always be some who cannot appreciate success. At this point, it's pretty pointless to even argue with them. Just scroll past and share your enjoyment with like-minded fans. :)

Whenever I get upset about a blown game or over reaction to a loss on this site, my go-to reality check is to see how our record stacks up against the last surprise kings team: 1998. Through 33 games, the 1998 squad just lost their second in a row to drop to 14 and 19 on the season. That team had a big run down the stretch to make the 8th seed (strike shortened season), but so far this current team is taking the league by storm just as much as back in the day. Enjoy the ride....every win and loss. Expectations will go up next year, this is a magical team that we’ll hopefully look back on with the same fondness as 1998.

It takes energy and effort to play great defense. I see Buddy and Fox show it most of the time.
But really believe after running the other team around for 3 quarters they are slowing a step or two and the coach puts a good defensive team in and those two guys are fast enough the opposing back court must feel like they are running in quicksand against them at the end of the game.
Yep, we need to keep playing Yogi and Giles, add Bagley when he comes back, and keep running people off the floor!!

that's not what he said. He said legacy and championships mean more than money. Easy to say when the contract is not in front of you. If legacy means something to him then going the Lakers/Warriors tarnish it.
The contract is permanently in front of him. The supermax is in front of him right now. He can’t sign it—but he can most definitely verbally accept it. Instead of talking up the Pelicans, he’s talking about legacy and championships the day after he has dinner with his agent, I mean friend, Lebron James.

The point is, we just walked down two veteran squads that potentially had their futures on the line—these are darn close to playoff type wins.

The contract is permanently in front of him. The supermax is in front of him right now. He can’t sign it—but he can most definitely verbally accept it. Instead of talking up the Pelicans, he’s talking about legacy and championships the day after he has dinner with his agent, I mean friend, Lebron James.

The point is, we just walked down two veteran squads that potentially had their futures on the line—these are darn close to playoff type wins.
I’m still trying to figure out how Labron can own a sports agency that represents current players around the league and that it somehow doesn’t violate the tampering rules the league has in its cba.

No it's not and he can't do anything verbally that's binding. There's still around 50 games in the season a lot can happen. Lebron or Magic could say something and get the Lakers banned from signing or trading for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’m still trying to figure out how Labron can own a sports agency that represents current players around the league and that it somehow doesn’t violate the tampering rules the league has in its cba.
Because he's the great and powerful Lebron James, upon whom mere mortals must gaze with averted eyes.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The loss of Mirotic and Payton is huge for them. To me, it would be stupid for AD to leave in those circumstances.

They're having Marvin's little brother interview the Kings. Is this a regular thing?
This reminded me of something and now it’s bugging me.

Does anybody remember that red head kid that used to do locker rooms interviews with the Kings players in the 90’s? I think it was for local public broadcasting. They would show no commentary highlights of recent home games and this kid would get locker room access for years. I figured he must’ve been somebody in the organizations son. What was his name? I thought it was Ty but I can’t remember the last name. I was a kid but I always watched those wondering how he got the gig

Buddy is just doing insane work, Fox was great all around, Bogie got his legs back, WCS had a good scoring game (really wish he would protect the rim more), Bjelica (despite a poor offensive game) defensively pretty much locked down Randle and at times Davis as well as you can and good little spurts from Yogi and Jackson/Shump.

If we could get a bit more rim protection this would be a nasty team.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Buddy is just doing insane work, Fox was great all around, Bogie got his legs back, WCS had a good scoring game (really wish he would protect the rim more), Bjelica (despite a poor offensive game) defensively pretty much locked down Randle and at times Davis as well as you can and good little spurts from Yogi and Jackson/Shump.

If we could get a bit more rim protection this would be a nasty team.
You might want to acknowledge his 17 rebounds, since it's a career high for him. ;)