[Game] Kings v. Jazz - Wednesday, Nov. 21 - 6 PT

I love the chippiness going on between Kings and other teams lately. Shows a couple of things. The Kings players absolutely think they are just as good as any team they face and are demanding respect. And the other teams aren't winning the battle on the court, so they're yapping and trying to intimidate to get an advantage. Respect
That’s a good point! I like the way Shumpert gets after it on defense with an attitude and I believe it’s rubbed off on others this year (even Buddy is playing tighter in your face defense and is chirping at the opposition). As good a defender Temple was I think this acquisition was a huge one for the teams attitude. I’m loving this year and it’s only the start of something special.

That’s a good point! I like the way Shumpert gets after it on defense with an attitude and I believe it’s rubbed off on others this year (even Buddy is playing tighter in your face defense and is chirping at the opposition). As good a defender Temple was I think this acquisition was a huge one for the teams attitude. I’m loving this year and it’s only the start of something special.
Yeah Schump has been a good addition. Might be worth trying to keep him.

It's a stupid stat, meaningless stat.

how about the Kings are unbeaten when they score more points than their opponent!
While the stat itself means nothing, it does point to the fact that when Bjelica plays well and scores 10 or more points, the team does well. That's a 13 game sample so it's a thought that should be considered. You may think it's stupid, which is fine by me, but I find it to be somewhat interesting and will be monitoring that in future games.

Just wondering when you will ever give your Justin Jackson hate a bit of a rest? Almost every post I see from you is hating on JJ. You won't even stop nagging him when he plays well like he did tonight.

You're not a fan. We get it. No need to remind us in every single game thread. It's tired.
this post is in the game thread. so I'd just like to point out that in the middle of a game. If Justin Jackson lets his man totally blow by him with no resistance whatsoever im gonna point that out in the game thread.

you wanna know what im tired of. Justing jacking being the weak link. im sorry theres absolutely zero justification to him playing as many mins at this point. I'll give him one touch of credit. his drive runner shot is good, but im sorry other that that weak little flip he's trash. even buddy who was an awful defender to start is putting in the effort. Justin is literally letting his man run by at will every time. to compound the fact he's the worst defender on this team currently. he can't even shoot! 29% are you kidding me? what is he doing out there?

Williams is 10% pts above Jackson at shooting 3's Jackson is 29% Williams is 39%. but heres the thing if Jacksons mins just went to Williams I guarantee you that his % would rise cause right now he's still a situation where he is pressing cause his mins are so scarce. If we just signed him to a 2 year deal team option and sent Jackson to the G-league we would be in a better place as a team.

Jackson is a champion (NCAA), a great person, he has a NBA level floater. but it ends there. this team is in a win now year and im over it. Williams runs circles around Jackson I don't care when either guy was picked.

I love the chippiness going on between Kings and other teams lately. Shows a couple of things. The Kings players absolutely think they are just as good as any team they face and are demanding respect. And the other teams aren't winning the battle on the court, so they're yapping and trying to intimidate to get an advantage. Respect
I like your post, but I don't really think the main concept is respect. You do not have to respect your opponent, and they do not have to respect you. You have to have a little more confidence than they do. You can never be intimidated. You have to respect the game. That is very important.

By the time they get to the NBA, many players are really skilled at psychological warfare. They know how to push buttons and really pee people off. Sitting next to the floor you can hear a lot of what is going in.

Last edited:
this post is in the game thread. so I'd just like to point out that in the middle of a game. If Justin Jackson lets his man totally blow by him with no resistance whatsoever im gonna point that out in the game thread.

you wanna know what im tired of. Justing jacking being the weak link. im sorry theres absolutely zero justification to him playing as many mins at this point. I'll give him one touch of credit. his drive runner shot is good, but im sorry other that that weak little flip he's trash. even buddy who was an awful defender to start is putting in the effort. Justin is literally letting his man run by at will every time. to compound the fact he's the worst defender on this team currently. he can't even shoot! 29% are you kidding me? what is he doing out there?

Williams is 10% pts above Jackson at shooting 3's Jackson is 29% Williams is 39%. but heres the thing if Jacksons mins just went to Williams I guarantee you that his % would rise cause right now he's still a situation where he is pressing cause his mins are so scarce. If we just signed him to a 2 year deal team option and sent Jackson to the G-league we would be in a better place as a team.

Jackson is a champion (NCAA), a great person, he has a NBA level floater. but it ends there. this team is in a win now year and im over it. Williams runs circles around Jackson I don't care when either guy was picked.
In my view you grossly under rate JJ. His value is he is a good player in all aspects of the game. That s a quality you don’t find in many young players. Coach recognizes that and will probably continue giving him minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like your post, but I don't really think the main concept is respect. You do not have to respect your opponent, and they do not have to respect you. You have to have a little more confidence than they do. You can never be intimidated. You have to respect the game. That is very important.

By the time they get to the NBA, many players are really skilled at psychological warfare. They know how to push buttons and really pee people off. Sitting next to the floor you can hear a lot of what is going in.
I think what he meant by "demanding respect" is that our young Kings are putting it out there and teams have to acknowledge they're in a real game and not some walkover. If a team doesn't respect the heart, hustle, energy and effort of the Kings they're not gonna win.

Other teams underestimate the Kings and that may bite them in the second half.
You do not have to respect a team to demolish them.
You might learn to respect a team if they beat you, but not necessarily.
The Warriors don't respect the Kings. Neither do the Lakers. Neither do a lot of teams. It does not matter at all really. What matters is that the Kings' respect themselves and that they respect the game.

Prior to the tough scheduel of I think 6 games I said 2-4 and above would be a great return, realistically 3-3 is now very doable and 4-2 would be exceptional, even if we lose the next 2 and play well in them 10-10 and anything above is truly a wonder 1/4 of the season for this Kings squad and Dave right now is probably coach of the year considering imo most people prior to the season would have thought (myself included) 5-15 would have been a good return for us.

Other teams underestimate the Kings and that may bite them in the second half.
You do not have to respect a team to demolish them.
You might learn to respect a team if they beat you, but not necessarily.
The Warriors don't respect the Kings. Neither do the Lakers. Neither do a lot of teams. It does not matter at all really. What matters is that the Kings' respect themselves and that they respect the game.
VERY well said.

Prior to the tough scheduel of I think 6 games I said 2-4 and above would be a great return, realistically 3-3 is now very doable and 4-2 would be exceptional, even if we lose the next 2 and play well in them 10-10 and anything above is truly a wonder 1/4 of the season for this Kings squad and Dave right now is probably coach of the year considering imo most people prior to the season would have thought (myself included) 5-15 would have been a good return for us.
Utah is very vulnerable right now. I watched the game vs the Lakers last night and the only reason they were in it was because the Lakers played just as bad. Still it is very tough to beat the same team twice in a week in the NBA. They will be hungry for a win and revenge.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Utah is very vulnerable right now. I watched the game vs the Lakers last night and the only reason they were in it was because the Lakers played just as bad. Still it is very tough to beat the same team twice in a week in the NBA. They will be hungry for a win and revenge.
Especially when it's on a back-to-back for the Kings.