[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Monday, Jan. 8 - 7 PT

Question: I have the game on DVR. Do I watch or no?

EDIT: Never mind. I'll just read this thread and let it go at that. :)

Depends. Kings fought. But, in the end, out coached. WCS and Bgdan had a monster first half. Temple was huge late. Most importantly, the Kings played with heart and fire most of the game. Spurs were without a boatload of names: Ginobli, Leonard, Green, and Gay. You get to see a Euro, Bertrans become the heir apparent to Ginobli and Aldridge continue his All Star play this year. I never liked Aldridge in Portland and Initially in San Antonio. But, Man he's balling this year. Really has improved his game so late in his career. That's how the Spurs get into your blood as a player.

I like that we have been giving the young bloods more run as starters lately. I know this is due to the vets and Mason being unavailable, but it has always been my belief that it is only a matter of time ( not sure how long, maybe not until our first game next season) until the gears get shifted and we move to the next level of the rebuild. Phasing out the vets and running like most of us have envisioned since this current roster materialized.

I keep imagining Joerger getting the green light and looking like Drago's trainer in this scene.

Tempting to say "tough loss," but that means it was close enough to get invested, which, against the Spurs, is almost a victory in itself.

Nice game from Bogdan, who seems to get more and more comfortable with the NBA game by the day. Temple also played solid minutes off the bench. The offense looks a lot better when he's hitting his shots. Speaking of the offense, we seem to have shifted from just bigs in the high post to letting Fox run things for a bit. Love seeing what he's capable of. Even had a little pick and pop game going with Z-Bo for a little bit there.

This was a lin in the truest sense. Team competitive, youngsters were showing good stuff for the future, and in the end, though I understand the sentiment from the paying faithful at the arena, it’s draft odds. But, it’s funny how you can vacillate on the teams future in a few games. Now your seeing glimpses of why Fox can be a top pick in this last draft if he plays how he has the last two nights and the first few weeks (and assume that it’s not work ethic/motor that was responsible for the intermittence). Bogdan/Buddy on the wings. Skal getting his confidence etc. etc.

Pop is a hell of a coach, aside from Aldridge, I couldn’t look at the Spurs roster and think it was that good without Leonard, and here the Spurs still are

Glad to see that the Kings still remain steadily consistent, no matter the players on their roster, at allowing career games from unheralded players.
It's truly the one thing this franchise has always been good at. Making marginal players appear as if they have a hall of fame career ahead of them.

Since we can't win the lottery when it matters or draft worth a damn, at least we've got that! :)

Right when the game is on the line Joerger subs out the kings player that is playing the best for the the kings player that is playing the worst. Also WCS seems to be the only king who can guard LaMarcus Aldridge whereas Zach Randolph didn’t even have a chance. I’m hoping this was a purposeful tank because if Joerger was trying to win that was a terrible move.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Right when the game is on the line Joerger subs out the kings player that is playing the best for the the kings player that is playing the worst. Also WCS seems to be the only king who can guard LaMarcus Aldridge whereas Zach Randolph didn’t even have a chance. I’m hoping this was a purposeful tank because if Joerger was trying to win that was a terrible move.
Maybe this is just a wording issue but it seems like you're saying Willie got pulled for Z-Bo, which is decidedly not what happened.

If it weren't for that one big game in Atlanta tonight, I would have watched the Kings game tonight. Don't you worry, Kings Fans! I did not forget to record it, so it is, of course, sitting on my DVR, waiting for me to watch it. Which I will do. Possibly tomorrow, after watching our kids beat some sense into them Laker kids.

Speaking of those Laker kids.....I might be living near them very shortly. Have been waiting to hear back regarding a potential job opportunity out there. Just found out (yesterday), that things are starting to pick up a little steam, and if they do decide to move forward with the gig, I will be moving there to begin working on site. As opposed to remotely from my brother's house here in Las Vegas (which is what they initially said they would like to have me do). But, it's a bank. So there's the whole confidentiality issue, which is completely understandable.

Excited about the potential job opportunity. Not so excited about having to live near a bunch of Laker kids. But, if having to live near a bunch of Laker kids means a better opportunity to move, and live, near a bunch of KINGS a lot sooner than if I did not have to live near the Laker kids, then I will gladly take having to live near a bunch of Laker kids any day of the week.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yup. Wasn't his fault though, the rookies turned it over on maybe 100% of possessions, while they did the opposite. It felt like I was experiencing a natural disaster.
A fair point. When Randolph got subbed in I thought to myself "here's where it goes downhill" - and I was right, but it really wasn't Zach's fault.

Maybe this is just a wording issue but it seems like you're saying Willie got pulled for Z-Bo, which is decidedly not what happened.
Haha my bad. I remember now WCS wasn’t subbed out, I was just bugged at Randolph being in the game and especially that he was guarding Aldridge.

I dunno. Maybe Z-Bo told De'Aaron to bounce the ball off his leg a half dozen possessions in a row.
To be fair there was at least one incident (maybe more) there towards the end where a kicked ball should have been called and wasn't, causing us to lose possession rather than keep.
One in particular was kicked twice and no call. The ball literally ping ponged off two spurs' feet/legs. Is what it is I guess.

If it weren't for that one big game in Atlanta tonight, I would have watched the Kings game tonight. Don't you worry, Kings Fans! I did not forget to record it, so it is, of course, sitting on my DVR, waiting for me to watch it. Which I will do. Possibly tomorrow, after watching our kids beat some sense into them Laker kids.

Speaking of those Laker kids.....I might be living near them very shortly. Have been waiting to hear back regarding a potential job opportunity out there. Just found out (yesterday), that things are starting to pick up a little steam, and if they do decide to move forward with the gig, I will be moving there to begin working on site. As opposed to remotely from my brother's house here in Las Vegas (which is what they initially said they would like to have me do). But, it's a bank. So there's the whole confidentiality issue, which is completely understandable.

Excited about the potential job opportunity. Not so excited about having to live near a bunch of Laker kids. But, if having to live near a bunch of Laker kids means a better opportunity to move, and live, near a bunch of KINGS a lot sooner than if I did not have to live near the Laker kids, then I will gladly take having to live near a bunch of Laker kids any day of the week.
Best of luck with your career opportunity!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Glad to see that the Kings still remain steadily consistent, no matter the players on their roster, at allowing career games from unheralded players.
It's truly the one thing this franchise has always been good at. Making marginal players appear as if they have a hall of fame career ahead of them.

Since we can't win the lottery when it matters or draft worth a damn, at least we've got that! :)
I remember whenever Rodney Stuckey played the Kings, he would average career best numbers and only versus the Kings. Now the new Kings killer is a guy named Tyler Johnson who plays for the Heat. Averages his highest scoring against the Kings, not sure how many times he's played them but let's see if that remains true when they face off two times.