[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Sunday, Dec. 23 - 3PT/6ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey, it's a Christmas Eve Eve game! :)

I don't like Sunday matinees because traditionally it seems the team is never quite awake at the beginning. But right now, I'm not gonna make any foregone conclusions. This team has shattered so many old stereotypes that I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the game.

Injuries:
Pelicans - Payton definitely out; Mirotic - game time decision.
Kings - Bagley - "expected to be out until at least Dec. 26"

One of the teams tonight comes in with a record of 17-15, while the other has almost the reverse at 15-18. Surprisingly, it's the Kings with the better record. Yes, pinch yourself if you need to fellow Kings fans, because our STJY guys just about have me convinced they're the real deal - and it's thrilling and frightening at the same time.

Prepare for the game by assembling some snacks, your favorite beverage (I recommend non-breakable containers in case you knock it over in the midst of Fox flying through the air to block a shot or Buddy pulling up and hitting a three smooth as butter), and whatever else you decide you need. I'll be sitting here with purple slippers, my vintage Kings blanket, a grown-up sippy cup, and whatever snacks strike my fancy.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan!!!

Prepare for the game by assembling some snacks, your favorite beverage (I recommend non-breakable containers in case you knock it over in the midst of Fox flying through the air to block a shot or Buddy pulling up and hitting a three smooth as butter), and whatever else you decide you need. I'll be sitting here with purple slippers, my vintage Kings blanket, a grown-up sippy cup, and whatever snacks strike my fancy.
Well.. I never knock things over in happiness. I am very aware of my surroundings, however out of extreme frustration things might fly. So I am going to take your suggestion the way it'll suit me best. Like when we get called for a illegal screen while AD pushes the defenders over and over as he leaves each screen he sets.

gunks

Hall of Famer
AD is a monster, but that team is injured AF right now and doesn't really defend.

If we bring the scrap like the 2nd half of the Memphis game, this should be a W.

I get to watch the 1st half... which never seems to be as good as the 2nd half with this team. ;)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings catch a break here with Mirotic being out but that means that my boy Randle will absolutely abuse the Kings in the paint since that's where he eats

We’ll really miss Bagley here but we’re still more talented overall as a team. If we play together and start STRONG, we can really take this team out. The key will be team rebounding, getting to the foul line often and of course not falling behind early.

If we think we can do that again, we’re in for a long rude awakening. I’d love a win here before the 3 LA games

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If Mirotic doesn't play, Kings have a good shot at winning. He's a huge factor for the Pelicans, probably tied with Holiday for their 2nd most important player. The Kings can't afford to begin the game with a lackluster effort like they did against Memphis. Must come out strong from the opening tip. It sure would be nice to see Bogs play a big impactful game. It's been a long time since that has occurred. Also, Shump didn't look his old self in the last game. Again, he needs to get back to making and impact on the floor, especially defensively.

Jrue Holiday is probably one of the tougher matchups for Fox at this stage. The Pels are somehow favored, if only by a point...

The way the offense has been this year though, lets just hope they pounce on em right away. If Mirotic's out thats too great an opportunity not to capitalize on, because he's a nightmare matchup for us.

Buddy's been running so hot lately, hopefully this is more of the same.