[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Sunday, Jan. 28 - 4 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lin. Fox continues to show he can be our superstar. Bogie and Hield need rest. Papa needs minutes. Justin is coming along nicely.
His shot is smooth as butter. I never doubted it. He proved he could shoot in high school including a 10 three point game.

His mechanics were always solid, then he just had a struggle at Kentucky in limited sample size.

He just needs his reps in and confidence from deep which he has now. And the more Z-Bud gets out of his way the better.

And think about this: Fox is going to get wide open shots his whole career because opponents have to honor his elite quickness.

Then when he starts making 40% or more of his long balls defenders are going to have to guard him tighter then it is game over. :)

I have NO doubt Fox will be a franchise player exceeding what Boogie was, in terms of being a guy around whom are whole team will revolve.

He has equal or more talent at a more important position and more emotional maturity and IQ than Boogie. He's also a natural leader.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
His shot is smooth as butter. I never doubted it. He proved he could shoot in high school including a 10 three point game.

His mechanics were always solid, then he just had a struggle at Kentucky in limited sample size.

He just needs his reps in and confidence from deep which he has now. And the more Z-Bud gets out of his way the better.

And think about this: Fox is going to get wide open shots his whole career because opponents have to honor his elite quickness.

Then when he starts making 40% or more of his long balls defenders are going to have to guard him tighter then it is game over. :)

I have NO doubt Fox will be a franchise player exceeding what Boogie was, in terms of being a guy around whom are whole team will revolve.

He has equal or more talent at a more important position and more emotional maturity and IQ than Boogie. He's also a natural leader.
I really would have liked this post A LOT if you hadn't included the stuff about Boogie. So, to paraphrase the Soup Nazi, "No like for you." :p

These reporters have to bite their tongue with regards to their feelings about Joerger less jeopardize their ability to do their job.

If Sean Cunnningham or James Ham or Kayte or whomever said "he can be a jerk", they would undermine their ability to have direct access to him.

Joerger has the power in their relationship and he abuses that power to make those around him feel small. It is rooted in insecurity and frustration that this season has been a competitive disappointment.

Joerger is going to sugar coat and try to find the silver lining when he's not being terse. What else is he going to do? 8 out of 10 coaches would be fired based on the job he has done.

By the way his reputation precedes him. He was known for being difficult in Memphis.
Interesting. Why have I never heard this before? Why do I like him? Why do I think he is doing a very good job with this team and this group of young guys? Why should I find your posts interesting?

Fox was tremendous. If he stays healthy, he can be one of the top 2 or so picks from last draft. And Jackson showing he can be solid.

You seem to be positive, but it’s hard for the game to be over mid way through the fourth, for me. A little unsatiating, for me, personally
I thought the best thing was the good defense from Jackson. If he can be a reliable 3 and D guy we will be well off.

Fox was outstanding. I think you can see what a lot of people were excited about when they were talking about his potential. I have always thought he could become a more than adequate 3-point shooter. Now one game doesn't make that so, but there is nothing wrong with his form, no major problems with his shot, just needs to keep working on it, repetitions, repetitions, repetitions.

I like what I am seeing from Jackson. I think he is one that needs time, more than Fox and Bogs, but he is showing a lot of promise, too. Another year or two, gets bigger and stronger he might become a pretty good 3.

Bogs had an off night shooting, but he does not let it affect the other aspects of his game, a true professional. I have no problem with his shot selection or that he kept shooting. He took shots he needs to take, they just didn't go in. The only problem I have with his shooting is when he is hot, he needs to be more selfish.

Buddy was off, seemed like everywhere. He may be letting his offense affect the rest of his game, especially his defense. His defense has improved but is still suspect at times, he needs to keep working on it. When his shots aren't falling he doesn't add a whole lot right now.

I feel like every game vs the Spurs has felt shockingly the same for a long, long time. Kings compete, stay close until late third where Spurs defense clamps down and Spurs just execute, execute, execute and before you know it you're down 15 with no momentum.
A Pop coached team just keeps coming at you. They are relentless, even with their second string players. I love the way they play. They exploit mistakes and weaknesses better than anyone.

A lot of coaches struggle with blood pressure. He might be on meds for it. That is a class of drugs that cause light headedness when people get up fast. I have struggled with them personally and feel best at about 1/3 of the recommended dosage.

Once defenders start to have to respect Fox's 3 point shot, it's over for them. He is going to get so many buckets driving to the basket and will start getting to the line a lot more.
What's encouraging is not that he made those shots -- it is likely an outlier -- but that his shooting form is clearly compatible with the pull-up jumper. More of what I'd like to see though is variation in his layups. Tony Parker-level of craftyness, off-foot layups, wrong-handed layups, this kind of layup:
... I want to see that from Fox in the coming years

I'm gonna try real hard not to break any rules here, but that's the biggest bunch of malarkey I've seen in a VERY long time. You haven't appreciated his energy? You obviously have either NOT been watching or have such a wild hair up your posterior about Fox for some reason that you're unable to be objective.

Either way, arguing with you does nothing but harsh my mellow so I'm done. Have a nice night.

Moderator's note: This post was edited shortly after it was written. The original post read as follows (blockquoted, in red):
The misunderstanding on VF21’s part (besides the vulgarity) was that I was referring to De’Aaron who has played exceptional.

I was talking about Bogdan, and unfortunately I mean every word I wrote. Time for him to get back on track after 4 games of no impact IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.