[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Sunday, Jan. 28 - 4 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't even know how Hield managed to get 19 minutes this game. He looked like a nervous high school player out there. He couldn't catch passes, missed wide open shots, blew defensive assignments, and was just basically useless. He needs to learn how to contribute in other facets of the game besides scoring if he wants to stick around in this league. Microwave 2 guards a dime a dozen.
He had a bad game and he got minutes because he needs them to develop.

Plus he just scored 24 in the last game against the Heat. It's not like he's been hot garbage all year.

This is the type of game we've all been waiting to see from Mr. FOX. It also goes to show that he has a nice jumper. He just needs to keep putting in the work (which he will) and keep his confidence level high. But I think we're gonna see more and more of these types of performances as time goes by.

Also, how awesome was it to see FOX blow by the defense going end to end? That's some amazing speed!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’m not talking about tonight. I try to hold my observations til I notice an observable pattern, at least from my vantage
This is the game thread so when you make a comment like that, people are going to naturally assume you're talking about tonight's game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fox was tremendous. If he stays healthy, he can be one of the top 2 or so picks from last draft. And Jackson showing he can be solid.

You seem to be positive, but it’s hard for the game to be over mid way through the fourth, for me. A little unsatiating, for me, personally
SEEM to be positive? I must be slipping.

As far as the game being over midway through the 4th, hindsight is always 20-20. If anyone thought that about the Heat game they would have missed an incredible finish.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I really don't even know how Hield managed to get 19 minutes this game. He looked like a nervous high school player out there. He couldn't catch passes, missed wide open shots, blew defensive assignments, and was just basically useless. He needs to learn how to contribute in other facets of the game besides scoring if he wants to stick around in this league. Microwave 2 guards a dime a dozen.
I think part of it was the lack of available options. We didn't really have anyone left on the bench to come in.

This is the game thread so when you make a comment like that, people are going to naturally assume you're talking about tonight's game.
Ok, well I expect better from him than to go through a 4 game stretch being IMO a non factor, given his age and what we’d like him to become. It’s not about missing shots, but I haven’t appreciated, IMO, the energy/will/impact I’ve seen of late

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ok, well I expect better from him than to go through a 4 game stretch being IMO a non factor, given his age and what we’d like him to become. It’s not about missing shots, but I haven’t appreciated, IMO, the energy/will/impact I’ve seen of late
I'm gonna try real hard not to break any rules here, but that's the biggest bunch of malarkey I've seen in a VERY long time. You haven't appreciated his energy? You obviously have either NOT been watching or have such a wild hair up your posterior about Fox for some reason that you're unable to be objective.

Either way, arguing with you does nothing but harsh my mellow so I'm done. Have a nice night.

Moderator's note: This post was edited shortly after it was written. The original post read as follows (blockquoted, in red):

I'm gonna try real hard not to break any rules here, but that's the biggest bunch of malarkey I've seen in a VERY long time. You haven't appreciated his energy? You're an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not talking about tonight. I try to hold my observations til I notice an observable pattern, at least from my vantage
Another pattern that is probably more relevant to his play than the level of hype, is that he has had the ball in his hands much less since Fox returned, playing more of an off guard.

I'm gonna try real hard not to break any rules here, but that's the biggest bunch of malarkey I've seen in a VERY long time. You haven't appreciated his energy? You obviously have either NOT been watching or have such a wild hair up your posterior about Fox for some reason that you're unable to be objective.

Either way, arguing with you does nothing but harsh my mellow so I'm done. Have a nice night.
Your the one “arguing”. I’m staying my opinion, which is subjective

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another pattern that is probably more relevant to his play than the level of hype, is that he has had the ball in his hands much less since Fox returned, playing more of an off guard.
Which is what we really want/need him to be, right?

Personally, I think Bogs has incredible court vision, good instincts and the ability to play the 1, 2 and even the 3 on occasion. I don't think you'll find many Kings here who aren't happy he's in a Kings uniform.

This classless lady called me an “idiot” before restructuring her post, which I will go over with the owner and other mods of the site

I’m talking about my opinion, which is subjective. Your the one arguing

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This classless lady called me an “idiot” before restructuring her post, which I will go over with the owner and other mods of the site

I’m talking about my opinion, which is subjective. Your the one arguing
Your opinion is subject to the same kind of discussion/debate as anyone else's. When you post something so obviously contrarian, do you really expect it to fly by without being challenged?

As far as calling you an idiot, I edited that post almost immediately after regaining my composure. (Kind of like you saying something and then deleting the post, which mods can still see BTW). I will not go further down the road with you as far as name-calling is concerned.

Which is what we really want/need him to be, right?

That is true, he needs to find a way to generate a similar level of production from the SG position.

But is definitely a pattern that he has increased his production when he got more ball handling responsibilities with Mason/Fox injuries. Even his shooting seems better when he handles the ball as opposed to catch/shoot...Maybe there is such a thing as too many ball handlers on the floor as 206 et all have been talking about...

Your opinion is subject to the same kind of discussion/debate as anyone else's. When you post something so obviously contrarian, do you really expect it to fly by without being challenged?

As far as calling you an idiot, I edited that post almost immediately after regaining my composure. (Kind of like you saying something and then deleting the post, which mods can still see BTW). I will not go further down the road with you as far as name-calling is concerned.
Your the only one who engaged in the name calling (although you can make up that I said anything in public)

I’m just discussing basketball

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That is true, he needs to find a way to generate a similar level of production from the SG position.

But is definitely a pattern that he has increased his production when he got more ball handling responsibilities with Mason/Fox injuries. Even his shooting seems better when he handles the ball as opposed to catch/shoot...Maybe there is such a thing as too many ball handlers on the floor as 206 et all have been talking about...
I think he'll be fine, in fact more than fine. He is a constant plus out there, always showing focus and energy, always hustling, always reading the floor, and always willing help a teammate. Those things don't show in the box score but they certainly show to the fans and the other members of the team and the front office.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is really appropriate for Gary Gerould's son to be tweeting:

Bobby Gerould‏Verified account@BobbyGerould 28m28 minutes ago

Joerger has, imo, had a few of these episodes. I’ve seen him look dizzy, like he was about to pass out, this season at home games. I know others have too. It has been discussed among folks we sit near at G1C. Hopefully nothing serious.
Light headedness is typically from a lack of food. And combination of getting in and out his seat quickly can be a factor in feeling dizzy if he hasn't had eaten.

If it is more than this, if he has a neurological issue, then he needs be seen by a doctor ASAP. I don't have a problem with Bobby Gerould tweeted.

Joerger is often abrasive in interviews. He's almost Jeckyl and Hyde how his mood will swing from jovial to difficult. He's not going to engender much sympathy with his sour disposition.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Light headedness is typically from a lack of food. And combination of getting in and out his seat quickly can be a factor in feeling dizzy if he hasn't had eaten.

If it is more than this, if he has a neurological issue, then he needs be seen by a doctor ASAP. I don't have a problem with Bobby Gerould tweeted.

Joerger is often abrasive in interviews. He's almost Jeckyl and Hyde how his mood will swing from jovial to difficult. He's not going to engender much sympathy with his sour disposition.
And yet, to a man, all the local sports talking heads truly like him and do not think he's difficult. They do think he'd rather be having root canal than to have to answer some of the questions, but I certainly don't blame him in that regard.

Unfair criticism. He's just been missing shots. Shooters go through slumps. Boggy has been incredibly consistent this month. The numbers speak for themselves. I am not even interested in debating.

You want to nitpick over a 4-game stretch in which Boggy is 50% FGs 46% on 3s and 92% FTs with a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio?

In November, Boggy struggled with new teammates and system and league.

In the last two months (Dec and Jan) he has made 50% of his shots set up limited teammates like Willie and Koufos for easy finishes and played the best defense on the team.

And you have a problem with his 4-game stretch? You lose credibility when you take this stance.

If you want someone to criticize, might I suggest Z-Bud (awful defense and black hole on offense who gets in the way) or the head coach who took the game off instead of taking Gatorade (electrolytes) and protein bar and getting his butt back on the bench.

Joerger wants his players to be "nasty" yet he was in the locker room probably calling for an IV and a priest. I hear Joerger is questionable for the next game with a debilitating hang nail. :D

Last edited:
This was a must lin game. You can't go giving away these easy ones. You must lin at all costs. Nice work fellas.

They had the 3 just not the D.

Next year. YES YEAR.

And yet, to a man, all the local sports talking heads truly like him and do not think he's difficult. They do think he'd rather be having root canal than to have to answer some of the questions, but I certainly don't blame him in that regard.
These reporters have to bite their tongue with regards to their feelings about Joerger less jeopardize their ability to do their job.

If Sean Cunnningham or James Ham or Kayte or whomever said "he can be a jerk", they would undermine their ability to have direct access to him.

Joerger has the power in their relationship and he abuses that power to make those around him feel small. It is rooted in insecurity and frustration that this season has been a competitive disappointment.

Joerger is going to sugar coat and try to find the silver lining when he's not being terse. What else is he going to do? 8 out of 10 coaches would be fired based on the job he has done.

By the way his reputation precedes him. He was known for being difficult in Memphis.

Last edited:
I hope Joerger is good. I’m a few years his junior but I live hard and unhealthy. Teaches you not to take this for granted. He goes through stress

At least he cares and is energetic, despite the issues I may have with what I may perceive as the developing v winning and rotations etc

Will be interesting to see if he’s back next game

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
These reporters have to bite their tongue with regards to their feelings about Joerger less jeopardize their ability to do their job.

If Sean Cunnningham or James Ham or Kayte or whomever said "he can be a jerk", they would undermine their ability to have direct access to him.

Joerger has the power in their relationship and he abuses that power to make those around him feel small. It is rooted in insecurity and frustration that this season has been a competitive disappointment.

Joerger is going to sugar coat and try to find the silver lining when he's not being terse. What else is he going to do? 8 out of 10 coaches would be fired based on the job he has done.

By the way his reputation precedes him. He was known for being difficult in Memphis.
You're assuming I'm talking about what they say in public. I'm not. I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.