[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Monday, Jan. 8 - 7 PT

gunks

Hall of Famer
Fox, Bogi, Buddy, Willie the catalysts. When that is happening why even care about lottery position?
I want to have my cake and eat it too....

But if I had to choose between getting a top 3 pick this year OR our youth core developing enough to get us wins, I'm taking option 2 every time.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Hey everyone, it's a rotation that resembles a real NBA squad! Is the 5 minute stretch starter gone? Hield and Fox need a bit of a bump minutes wise but much better.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Zbo is back but the pace has stayed the same as the Denver game. Dare I say instead of Zbo causing all the handwringing that maybe it's Hill who slows the tempo more instead of Zbo.

gunks

Hall of Famer
How many more games until we admit Willie is actually a really good player now?
It seems that lately his crappy games are becoming the outlier, as opposed to early on this season (and the rest of his career with us) when it was the good games that were flukes.

Year 3 is usually when bigs start to put it together. I don't want to get excited yet, he has to keep it up for the rest of the year, but I'm waaaay more optimistic about WCS now than I was in November.

Another night sans Hill, and the Kings perform well (for a half) - it may not be causal but I like it. I also like bringing Temple off the bench. Cauley-Stein, Bogdan, Hield, and Fox.....those should be the core (and starters).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Zbo is back but the pace has stayed the same as the Denver game. Dare I say instead of Zbo causing all the handwringing that maybe it's Hill who slows the tempo more instead of Zbo.
You mean the guy responsible for bringing the ball up the court 75% of the time has more control of the tempo of the game than the other dudes on the roster?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
fun first half to watch. As expected, Spurs will make the proper adjustments for the second half and try to make Trill a non-factor and I'd presume continue attacking slow-bo when out there because it's glaring as the sun that when he's out there, the Kings defense falls apart. Same can be said for Skal.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
How many more games until we admit Willie is actually a really good player now?
a really good player? I think that's pushing it. He's been improving no doubt. I need to see more, for longer stretches. His rebounding needs to go up. No excuse not to get 7-8 boards with his athleticism and size.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I want to have my cake and eat it too....

But if I had to choose between getting a top 3 pick this year OR our youth core developing enough to get us wins, I'm taking option 2 every time.
I like option number two, but I'd sure love to see a Bagley or Porter developing with them :)

Little interesting and probably not well known fact about this game. Bogdan is playing against his former Partizan team mates in Davis Bertans and Joffrey Lauvergne. In fact Joffrey Lauvergne was his captain for a season at Partizan.

I am sure there is some bragging rights on the line tonight.
While I was in Slovenia working and Bertans moved on to Serbia, he once got me and my girl a ticket to a Partizan game. The atmosphere was nuts there.