[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Monday, Feb. 4 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

For all my complaining about the NBA TV broadcast tonight, it got me thinking how freaking lucky I am to be sitting in Seattle, watching the game through my Tivo app on my iPad, sound down listing to the radio broadcast through the NBA app on my iPhone. All the while getting pissed that my NBA League Pass I paid for is blacked out and I couldn't get a pirated stream of the Kings feed of the game to work. Then I get to get pumped with a community of like minded people on the Kingsfans.com game thread, flip over to my twitter feed to watch highlights and get national reactions to Marvin's dunk.

I often feel like current technology and social media is corrupting our minds, but it sure beats trying to get an AM radio feed of the game to work when there is enough cloud cover.

This team may have more potential that that squad but those teams were a well-oiled machine.

It's been twenty years but Chris Webber in his prime was a sight to be seen
Peja was a scorer of the highest degree.
Vlade was the ultimate glue guy.
Bibby had ice for blood.
Doug Christie was one of the best defenders in the league and the guy who made our entire offense tick.
Bobby was the best 6th man in the league.

Maybe not as much superstar potential as this squad (Fox, Buddy, Bagley, Harry have all taken turns looking like perennial all-stars) but that squad could ball.

The glory years squad definitely had some excellent individual talent, but it was their collective team ball that turned them into the greatest show on court. No team had ever moved like they did. It was basketball in its purest form and it was beautiful.

Man after watching all the Kings broadcasts this year, it's just not as fun watching the NBATV crew call games. I know its a different format, but it just feels like they are hanging out in their living room kinda watching the game while also surfing the net and texting their friends.
We (in SAC) wouldn't know. They blacked out the feed on NBATV. We only got the local broadcast.

But I have seen the 'Players Only' format before and it is awful. I heard Peaches ranting about it a while back and I actually agree with him.

What the last 2 games showed is that when you put 2 skilled and athletic post players in the game, most teams are not prepared to handle that because the NBA has been moving away from that type of play. Dealing with Bagley and Giles at the same time just overwhelmed Philly and SAS. Spurs in particular just had no one they could put on Bagley to slow him down.