[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Monday, Feb. 4 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

This is a game the KINGS really need to win. While the Spurs are playing well, this isn't the Duncan-Ginobili-Parker Spurs. And the KINGS are over .500 and playing well at home.

In other words, they need to take care of business tonight and extend the W streak. Go KINGS! Let's go get one!!

I feel this might be a trap game... we’ve been playing well at home.. just getting bad vibes
What is your definition of a trap game? The Spurs have won 5 in a row, do you think we will take them lightly? The have Aldridge and DeRozan and the best coach in the league. We lost less than one month ago to the Suns minus Devin Booker. Don't you think we know if we can lose to the Suns we know we can lose to anybody? I have heard fans say "tonight is a trap game". I think that is a discredit to the guys and coaches not to know better and prepare them and to know the nature of the league. Now maybe it is a subconscious thing, that on a conscious level they know what they have to do, but subconsciously they are coming off a big win and they will be in for an emotional letdown. But to me that is not a trap game as much as it is self sabotage. I think of a trap game as the second of a back-to-back on the road or playing against a team whose star is a late game scratch. I expect us to come strong tonight and win.

The Kings played the Spurs well earlier in the year. They can win if they turn in similar defense as the 6er game. The need the Euros to play and score better. Would be nice to see Giles have a good game and get more minutes..

What is your definition of a trap game? The Spurs have won 5 in a row, do you think we will take them lightly? The have Aldridge and DeRozan and the best coach in the league. We lost less than one month ago to the Suns minus Devin Booker. Don't you think we know if we can lose to the Suns we know we can lose to anybody? I have heard fans say "tonight is a trap game". I think that is a discredit to the guys and coaches not to know better and prepare them and to know the nature of the league. Now maybe it is a subconscious thing, that on a conscious level they know what they have to do, but subconsciously they are coming off a big win and they will be in for an emotional letdown. But to me that is not a trap game as much as it is self sabotage. I think of a trap game as the second of a back-to-back on the road or playing against a team whose star is a late game scratch. I expect us to come strong tonight and win.
It’s just a polite way of saying I have the vibes we will lose, and not see that beautiful 28-25

Aren't trap games reserved for games against teams you should beat handily? I feel like we're supposed to lose this one.

I do have a bad feeling tho...either a blowout or a blown lead. Hope I'm wrong.

It’s just a polite way of saying I have the vibes we will lose, and not see that beautiful 28-25
28-25 would be beautiful, one step closer to sweeping the homestand. :p It would be the 6th time we would be 3 games over. We have never been 4 games over .500. We have had success double teaming the low post when we necessary, sending a second man from the baseline. I expect we will do that against Aldridge. Gay is a tough cover, we don't have the length to match up. We have to slow him down and keep DeRozan in check. I expect Fox to have a big game. We could use a breakout scoring game from Bogs, he is overdue.

Heard Grant and Doug say Derrick White is out tonight! That's big for us as he is their best perimeter defender. Hopefully, our guards can take advantage!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Make it seven in a row. There should be no excuses about not playing as hard as they did against Philly. The way I look at it the the Kings should play even better than they did against Philly because they should be learning from their mistakes. Just bring it.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm expecting another good battle like the one we got to see against Philly.

Not necessarily expecting a win, but I wasn't the other night either so. ...

Go Kings!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Poor dude singing the national anthem tonight is so nervous that I'm breaking out in flop sweats just listening to him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Love the dance troupe - and Bogs sitting there with his head nodding up and down. Shades of Donte Greene.