[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Monday, Feb. 4 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Confidence and chemistry and camaraderie. These guys are forming bonds eerily familiar - and it's no accident. Vlade said all along he came back because of unfinished business and he, Peja, Doug and Bobby are doing all they can to help the kids forge the right identity.
Yes, but I'll tell you right now, this team is >>> more talented than the Divac/Weber/Peja team. They have phenomenal talent. The reason they are winning is because their talent is so great that it is overcoming the dumb mistakes that young teams (like them) have.

This game is proof Bagley's Dad had a point. Bjelica over Bagley would be like Max Kleber over Luka. I didn't have a problem with the gradual development plan until the Grizzlies game. That is when Yogurt earned his name.
Is Bagley playing well enough to start? Of course, but maybe we have a great starting 5 already and a second unit with yogi Bogi bagley and Giles is a great second team. Kind of like the old days when our second team can keep up with the starters. We win against opponents starters or at least keep up with them. Then our second team beat down their sorry bench. Not a bad plan if that's what joerger's plan is.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yes, but I'll tell you right now, this team is >>> more talented than the Divac/Weber/Peja team. They have phenomenal talent. The reason they are winning is because their talent is so great that it is overcoming the dumb mistakes that young teams (like them) have.
This team may have more potential that that squad but those teams were a well-oiled machine.

It's been twenty years but Chris Webber in his prime was a sight to be seen
Peja was a scorer of the highest degree.
Vlade was the ultimate glue guy.
Bibby had ice for blood.
Doug Christie was one of the best defenders in the league and the guy who made our entire offense tick.
Bobby was the best 6th man in the league.

Maybe not as much superstar potential as this squad (Fox, Buddy, Bagley, Harry have all taken turns looking like perennial all-stars) but that squad could ball.

Does Bagley

Is Bagley playing well enough to start? Of course, but maybe we have a great starting 5 already and a second unit with yogi Bogi bagley and Giles is a great second team. Kind of like the old days when our second team can keep up with the starters. We win against opponents starters or at least keep up with them. Then our second team beat down their sorry bench. Not a bad plan if that's what joerger's plan is.
I thing what we are now seeing is the beginning of the end of Marvin’s bench duties. Coach has had him run the full 4th quarter minutes the last two games because he wants him to finish (yes I know he subbed out with about a minute left tonight when the game was over.) People always say it doesn’t matter if you start as long as you are playing in the end, but in order to get Marvin 30+ minutes a game and the appropriate rest before closing out the game, starting him makes that all easier. I think coach may use this explosion tonight as an excuse to make the change next game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I thing what we are now seeing is the beginning of the end of Marvin’s bench duties. Coach has had him run the full 4th quarter minutes the last two games because he wants him to finish (yes I know he subbed out with about a minute left tonight when the game was over.) People always say it doesn’t matter if you start as long as you are playing in the end, but in order to get Marvin 30+ minutes a game and the appropriate rest before closing out the game, starting him makes that all easier. I think coach may use this explosion tonight as an excuse to make the change next game.
And he rightfully should.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This team may have more potential that that squad but those teams were a well-oiled machine.

It's been twenty years but Chris Webber in his prime was a sight to be seen
Peja was a scorer of the highest degree.
Vlade was the ultimate glue guy.
Bibby had ice for blood.
Doug Christie was one of the best defenders in the league and the guy who made our entire offense tick.
Bobby was the best 6th man in the league.

Maybe not as much superstar potential as this squad (Fox, Buddy, Bagley, Harry have all taken turns looking like perennial all-stars) but that squad could ball.
People forget how much experience those guys had before they came to the Kings. Peja was the exception. Everybody else was a legit vet. I am totally confident in saying this team has MUCH more talent than that team. And we haven't seen the finished product yet.

I am not going to make a big fuss out of it as long as Bagley gets 4th quarter crunch time and 30 MPG from now on....but the combination of the game Bagley had in Detroit and Bjelica struggles was the logical time to move Marvin into the starting lineup. When we put Harry and Marvin in in the 3rd the entire complexion of the game changed. You could feel things slipping a little bit, and then BAM, we were off to the races! We were clearing the boards so much better with those two controlling the paint. I would bet 4 out 5 NBA coaches would be starting Marvin now and we have the 1 out of 5 with a differing view. EDIT: And we don't have a great starting 5. We have a great backcourt and three other guys starting with them.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People forget how much experience those guys had before they came to the Kings. Peja was the exception. Everybody else was a legit vet. I am totally confident in saying this team has MUCH more talent than that team. And we haven't seen the finished product yet.
No, I agree.

It's just that if this team met that team in the time travel playoffs, I'd fully expect that squad to annihilate this team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not sure. What Joerger's been doing has been working just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...especially with the Rockets coming to town.

I'm not sure. What Joerger's been doing has been working just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...especially with the Rockets coming to town.
I guess... I was and am completely fine with the approach if belly is playing well and the starting unit is humming, but he’s been pretty bad for a pretty long time now.

Of course my 30min nap turns into 3 hours and I miss the game
U didn't miss much. Fox with one of his best games since new years. Yogi catching fire and going perfect for the night shooting, Bagley with a career high and monster highlight 360 alleyoop dunk. And a win over a top western team making it a 7 game home winning streak. Yeah, like I said, you didn't miss much :p

Man after watching all the Kings broadcasts this year, it's just not as fun watching the NBATV crew call games. I know its a different format, but it just feels like they are hanging out in their living room kinda watching the game while also surfing the net and texting their friends.
I didn't see it. Was it a "Players Only" broadcast? If so, I made a similar comment in a thread a few weeks ago. I don't know what NBATV is thinking with this. It seriously sounds like 4 stoners on their couch trying their hardest to stay awake during the broadcast.

It really goes to show how important the play by play guy is.