[Game] Kings v. Rockets - Tuesday, April 2 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Harden has attempted 10 or more FT in a game 37 times this season. Russell Westbrook has attempted 10 or more ten times. Is Harden good? yes he is awesome. Should he be getting enough calls to attempt 27 FT's in a game? No. He is not playing basketball, he is playing how often can i get a foul call
hes not playing it. hes perfected it, simply put James Harden is the GOAT of getting to the FT line

Because he’s a PG (a very difficult position) who has improved by leaps and bounds in every single area of the game in only his second season, at age 21. You’re the only one bringing it up because there is very little to worry about Fox right now.

Imagine if Fox got free throws every time he was breathed on like Mr Harden? Imprint all day every day.
But the issue is, is “imprint” correctable or assisgnable to youth. Not playing great every game is. Trae Young isn’t coming out going unheard of, Kyrie probably didn’t etc.

The first 1.5 months he looked like a potential star. I’d hate to see that not achieved due to motor. That’s the worry. Motor is the difference between star and just good, and it impacts the team’s ceiling a lot

I still hold out hope dude just can’t go 82 physically for whatever reason

SLAB

Hall of Famer
But the issue is, is “imprint” correctable or assisgnable to youth. Not playing great every game is. Trae Young isn’t coming out going unheard of, Kyrie probably didn’t etc.

The first 1.5 months he looked like a potential star. I’d hate to see that not achieved due to motor. That’s the worry. Motor is the difference between star and just good, and it impacts the team’s ceiling a lot

I still hold out hope dude just can’t go 82 physically for whatever reason
Willie Cauley Stein is a man who doesn’t have a motor.

De’Aaron clearly put work in, improved in every aspect of the game, and should continue to project up. He’s done absolutely nothing (some non-imprint games aside, which happens to nearly everyone) to make me think there’s any issue at all with motor/work ethic. Nothing there.

Build/physique? Can he handle a season without wearing down and losing that star look from the beginning of the season? Now that we can talk a little bit, and I’d listen without being a dismissive jerk. Personally I think he will continue to condition to the NBA game as he ages/matures into prime shape.

De’Aaron clearly put work in, improved in every aspect of the game, and should continue to project up. He’s done absolutely nothing (some non-imprint games aside, which happens to nearly everyone) to make me think there’s any issue at all with motor/work ethic. Nothing there.

Build/physique? Can he handle a season without wearing down and losing that star look from the beginning of the season? Now that we can talk a little bit, and I’d listen without being a dismissive jerk. Personally I think he will continue to condition to the NBA game as he ages/matures into prime shape.
He does work on his game in the offseason. I don’t doubt that. And he’s a good kid in terms of that.

That’s not the same as innate ability to show up and play balls out gamely IMO

Buddy made a total of 1 feild goal in the last 21 minutes of action in this game, while we're getting dumptrucked...

If this guy is our best player, or anywhere close. where was he when we needed him most???

Anyone paying attention in that 3rd q can see that Houston is basically clowning and embarassing us out there, and you can damn sure see that Fox and Marvin were gonna respond with all the effort they could muster, which happened.... as this is going on the whole time i'm thinking "where is 26 year old, self-proclaimed leader, Buddy?!?!?!?!"
I don't think Buddy is as good as the numbers indicate this year. I think he's seriously improved overall, but I don't see him as a 20ppg scorer in this league. At the same time, he's the only one who I think has stepped up and tried to fill out the role as our go-to scorer because no one else wants it. You have to give him a ton of credit for that. He might miss 4 shots in a row, but his confidence never goes out of the window. I don't think you can say the same for anyone else on this roster. Even Bagley starts to hang his head low after a few misses.

Buddy is definitely the best player on our team this year. However, he's just not meant to be a #1 option. His scoring can be extremely streaky.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

I think once he picks and chooses when to use his speed and relentless attack, that will take him a long way in not getting injured as much and at the same time, not fatigue as the season goes on.

Glad to see so many of you see Harden just as I do.

One great example of how amplified his game is by officiating was the 2nd Q foul called against De’Aaron Fox on a 3 pt attempt.

First, the shot attempt was made possible due to numerous moving screens by Clint Capela that the officials refused to call. The guy just kept moving in front of Swipa as he tried to avoid him and defend Harden.

Then when Swipa moves to avoid Harden’s purposeful attempt to draw a foul by jumping into him — Harden catches De’Aaron slightly with his elbow and the foul is called. 3 free throws. Points that never should have happened had just one of about 3 offensive fouls been called.

That crap happens multiple times every game. Take it away and Harden is just a mere mortal. And don’t get me started on the NBA taking away his 3 and 4 step moves. If those go away, he’s average. Pure and simple. Because he doesn’t shoot like Steph, Klay or Buddy. He’s just a volume chucker that gets hot from time to time. And most those open shots come via a travel or moving screen. Absolute truth.

I said this before and I’ll say it again. Kobe Bryant in his diva prime got a lot of bogus calls. But even he didn’t get away with what Harden gets away with. As the NBA continues to grow in popularity and more and more fans follow it via dozens of media outlets and more and more kids buy jerseys and try to emulate what they see — the star treatment bias has grown with it. It’s nearing WWE level of scripting who is gonna win.

Entity

Hall of Famer
hes not playing it. hes perfected it, simply put James Harden is the GOAT of getting to the FT line
if thats what some people like to watch thats fine. they should televise games of H O R S E for people like that. its not basketball. I would enjoy it alot more with about a 50% reduction in foul calls.

if thats what some people like to watch thats fine. they should televise games of H O R S E for people like that. its not basketball. I would enjoy it alot more with about a 50% reduction in foul calls.
So would i but this is the league that my beloved sac kings play in. Soft fouls and volume three's

Status
Not open for further replies.