[Game] Kings v. Nuggets - Saturday, Jan. 6 - 7 PT

I think both are here come Feb. Zbo is Joerger's home slice. He will absolutely have a shizzle if he's traded. Sorry, don't see it. Hill will be almost impossible to trade. I can't think of one team with a brain cell that will take on that 20 mil. Especially, considering the way Hill has been playing this year. Hill will not make a difference on any playoff team.

Hill I could see. He hasn't helped the team in any way this year. My fear there is that to get rid of him we are going to need to attach some sort of asset to him to have some team to take him off our hands. Zbo though is a little cloudier. He's Joerger's main guy and Joerger trusts him more so than any other player. That might take some serious convincing.
While Hills contract is bloated we are not in a position where he "must" be moved. He aired his frustrations to local beat writers but that doesn't mean much because we're not in a pinch when it comes to the cap. I'm sure Vlade has told his agent to look for deals if he can.

Kings play some defense, hold the improving Nuggets to below 100 points for the win.
Fox had a nice game. Buddy rose to the occasion.
Skal and Willie are both playing much better. Willie gets 7 steals, but 4 rebounds WTF? The Kings got 16 steals to the Nuggets 2. That was the difference in the game. Defensive intensity creating turnovers and steals. Nuggets TOs 25, Kings 9.
The Kings were outrebounded 46-39. Carter got 8, KK 7 both off the bench. Next Buddy got 5. The two starting 7 footers each got 4.
If a 40 yo player off the bench is your best rebounder, and you have 2 starting players that are 7 feet tall that both have hop, you need to have a long talk with the two tall guys.
Willie and Skal are both working on the their left hands. Coaches love that and encourage the off hand. I played in the hook shot era and no one ever expected a left handed hook shot. Both of them took shots with the left hand that were not even 2 feet from the basket. Their range is about 4 feet. Get close please or stop throwing up that weak junk.
The Kings showed last night that they can be a competitive team against most teams in the League, especially at home. The key is defense and better rebounding going forward.

I think both are here come Feb. Zbo is Joerger's home slice. He will absolutely have a shizzle if he's traded. Sorry, don't see it. Hill will be almost impossible to trade. I can't think of one team with a brain cell that will take on that 20 mil. Especially, considering the way Hill has been playing this year. Hill will not make a difference on any playoff team.
I think he could without question. On a playoff team Hill going back to the Hill you saw in San Antonio and in Indiana is a perfect fit because he's still an elite individual defender and a lights out spot shooter. He's one of the few players at PG that doesn't always need a big to show on screen and roll. He's also insanely efficient as a shooter. If only the Kings were able to bring him in when they were trying to compete. The contract is what it is, but it's only an overpay for a year and a half at this point so it's hardly the worst thing ever. Matching salaries will be tough.

Vlade needs to strike while the irons hot if 2 contenders get desperate for a talent boost without giving much up in return. Zbo and Hill can make teams in the hunt better.

I know I've probably been really really annoying with my whole ZBo is blocking Fox from being able to develop narrative but do you guys see what I've been talking about now?

Fox was a completely different player last night without ZBo out there. It wasn't just Fox either. It opened up the offense for a lot of our young guys. Instead of just standing around and watching, they were finally getting to participate on nearly every play.

Our two best quarters were the 1st and 3rd when the young guys played the majority of the minutes.

I think he could without question. On a playoff team Hill going back to the Hill you saw in San Antonio and in Indiana is a perfect fit because he's still an elite individual defender and a lights out spot shooter. He's one of the few players at PG that doesn't always need a big to show on screen and roll. He's also insanely efficient as a shooter. If only the Kings were able to bring him in when they were trying to compete. The contract is what it is, but it's only an overpay for a year and a half at this point so it's hardly the worst thing ever. Matching salaries will be tough.

Vlade needs to strike while the irons hot if 2 contenders get desperate for a talent boost without giving much up in return. Zbo and Hill can make teams in the hunt better.
Yes but making the contracts work is a challenge. That’s the real problem with his contract.

For the Spurs just to make the contracts work would require trading both Parker and Bertrans. Probably something they won’t do.

For Indiana to make it work they would have to trade Bojan Bogdanovich and Lance Stephenson which also won’t happen.

Here is the link for the trade machine and you will see how much money Hill is making and how hard it is to find a trade for him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know I've probably been really really annoying with my whole ZBo is blocking Fox from being able to develop narrative but do you guys see what I've been talking about now?
I'm still not going to buy into the whole theory. What I saw last night was Fox finally playing as though he remembered why he's out there. After the game, I think he made an excellent comment when he said they had worked VERY hard in practice for the past three days and thought the whole team was showing the results.

But I do understand why you think the way you do. I just don't completely agree with it. :p

dude12

Hall of Famer

Fox was a completely different player last night without ZBo out there. It wasn't just Fox either. It opened up the offense for a lot of our young guys. Instead of just standing around and watching, they were finally getting to participate on nearly every play.

Our two best quarters were the 1st and 3rd when the young guys played the majority of the minutes.
Game before Fox scored 17 and he wasn't dumping it to Zbo every time down the floor. At times that is what he does, at other times he doesn't.

Nope, I've been right there with you the whole time. The ZBO offense is basically what we used to do with Boogie except ZBO isn't a top 10 player in the game lol. He's a blackhole ball-stopper and other guys get caught just ball-watching him.

Last night was really the first time we got to see what a Fox-led team looks like. Him in attack mode, getting into the paint and finding open shooters.

Hill I could see. He hasn't helped the team in any way this year. My fear there is that to get rid of him we are going to need to attach some sort of asset to him to have some team to take him off our hands. Zbo though is a little cloudier. He's Joerger's main guy and Joerger trusts him more so than any other player. That might take some serious convincing.
Hill's contract is not that toxic. We would be better off keeping him, if we can't trade him.

Come next year's trade deadline, we may be able to get a good asset in return for him and his $20 million expiring contract.

I agree with Christie and many others - I want the same starting lineup against San Antonio. The Kings haven't got the strength, skill, or experience of SA, but they have more speed and quickness. Use it. That's the only advantage they have. At the least they should make SA feel like they've been in a competitive game. Rebounding is absolutely essential in this game to even make it close.
Only tweak I'd like to see in the starting lineup is to insert Bogie at SG and have Buddy come off the bench firing.

I just watched the game a second time (on tape) and I have to say that this was a break-out game for Fox. Maybe also for WCS and Skal.
Fox may not have scored Tyreke-like points, but his energy, decisiveness and controlled-aggression was the best he's done (so far) in his young NBA career. More, please!

I've been saying much of the same thing. But if we keep Z-Bo (which I'm not necessarily saying we should do), I think he can be more useful to our youngsters and their future if he became more of a 6th man wo comes in to score when we can't seem to get a bucket to save our lives. But packaging Z-Bo and Hill for future assets would be my preference.

I just watched the game a second time (on tape) and I have to say that this was a break-out game for Fox. Maybe also for WCS and Skal.
Fox may not have scored Tyreke-like points, but his energy, decisiveness and controlled-aggression was the best he's done (so far) in his young NBA career. More, please!
I thought he was not just aggressive, but terrific at orchestrating the offense. He ended up with 7 assists, but I can think of at least 10 other wide open shots he created for his teammates that were missed (not including the 3 that Bogie made that was negated by a 3 sec call).

Doesn’t the entire outlook and the mood of the forum change when De’aaron looks how he did last night and the first few weeks? When he looks like a franchise player and PG? Not only himself, but the other young players play better with him when he’s infusing that type of energy and command on the game

Really hope it’s as simple as who he’s playing alongside and the system and not a work rate thing to pick and choose when to play balls out

Doesn’t the entire outlook and the mood of the forum change when De’aaron looks how he did last night and the first few weeks? When he looks like a franchise player and PG? Not only himself, but the other young players play better with him when he’s infusing that type of energy and command on the game

Really hope it’s as simple as who he’s playing alongside and the system and not a work rate thing to pick and choose when to play balls out
Add that and I’m a believer in Skal, WCS, Bogdan, Buddy (6th man scorer), and Richardson being a 3D SF