[Grades] Kings v. Jazz (#1) 10/17/2018

Goat o' the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then you don't remember 1998. They were hated during and after that season. I use to love Malone and Stockton before that series, but their dirty play during that time made them number one villains until we got into it with the Lakers.
No I do remember it. I know I didn’t like playing them and thought Stockton was a dirty player, but I also felt that way about a lot of players back then. Maybe it was because social media wasn’t around back then but I never got the feeling that Sacramento collectively hated the Jazz. Maybe it’s because of how strong the hate was for the lakers back then, but none of this rings a bell. Either way there’s no way they even come close to the lakers or warriors hate.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Villains are Kings season ticket holders selling their opening night tickets to Jazz fans.
You know, I've never really had a problem with jazz fans before Wednesday night. There were two guys - sporting Malone and Stockton jerseys - sitting a couple of rows in front of us in Section 124 who were the most rude obnoxious people I've seen in a long time. They made me remember why I refuse to go to home games when either the Lakers or the Warriors come to town.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Long story short, I fell asleep writing the grades and got nowhere on them (Thanks 60 hour work week)
You're forgiven...this time. I liked how people stepped up and, for the most part, gave some pretty good comments about various players, the officials and the stupid metal detectors.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You're forgiven...this time. I liked how people stepped up and, for the most part, gave some pretty good comments about various players, the officials and the stupid metal detectors.
At a certain point I saw everyone else's grades and said "meh. Good enough"

gunks

Hall of Famer
I know we've been bagging on the defense these first couple games. ..

....But Utah just dropped an 81 point 1st half on Golden State.

I don't think the refs are letting anyone play defense this season.