[Game] Kings v Clippers - Tuesday, Dec. 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘m definitely not watching because I’m a pessimist, even though I haven‘t posted in that thread.

That being said, this game is starting to make me regret creating this thread. Especially if Fox doesn’t start playing aggressively.
the Clips are just much better. That being said Fox’s defense is encouraging.

It's crazy how the Kings can go through spells of struggling to put up 90 in a game and then in other games they'll go for broke. What that tells you is that they don't have a identity and that they can't impose their will upon other teams. I counted like barely 2 plays where they went with a 5 out and cleared paint. That's where this team has to be. I'm sorry, but it's a nice thought to have a "team" system but not all things are created equal in NBA basketball. Walton is going to have to designate his role guys and his go to's. You have Fox, Buddy, Barnes, Bagley and then the rest. That's where this has to get back on track. Everything those other players do has to be based on getting the best opportunities for those 4 they can, and then prepare themselves to feed off of their scraps. For like the millionth time there is way too much body movement from players looking to create their own shots off the ball. They need to stay out of the freakin' way so they can create the best looks for the players that should be getting them in the first place.

Good
Fox and Holmes have been great. I didn't realize Fox had 13 assists against Denver. Without his dribble penetration where would they be. Holmes had a great first half. Defense is improved. Giles has shown a lot, good looking midrange, unselfish passing, good positioning on defense.

Bad
SG is atrocious. I think buddy missed his last five shots. Offense is next to horrible. No cutting, no movement (with purpose), only passing when there is nowhere else to go. Only screens 28 ft from the basket; other locations are rare. Just unbelievably predictable.

Good
Fox and Holmes have been great. I didn't realize Fox had 13 assists against Denver. Without his dribble penetration where would they be. Holmes had a great first half. Defense is improved. Giles has shown a lot, good looking midrange, unselfish passing, good positioning on defense.

Bad
SG is atrocious. I think buddy missed his last five shots. Offense is next to horrible. No cutting, no movement (with purpose), only passing when there is nowhere else to go. Only screens 28 ft from the basket; other locations are rare. Just unbelievably predictable.
Yeah, the offense is still an attack oriented offense that is mostly moving side to side. Sometimes no movement is the best movement. Plant your shooters away, clear the paint, and let Fox go to work.

This is how the Kings need to start off games. They are keeping the middle clear. This is the only way I think they can get this thing back on track. Just accept what this roster is (attack oriented) and see where it takes you.

I want to see Ariza in there instead of Bjelica. Walton has gone away from playing small with Bjelica at center during this decline and this would be a good team to try and match up a bit I think. I can't see many benefits with Bjelica out there if they aren't looking for him spotting up.

For ****'s sake Walton. He finally puts them in, they get something going and bam he's going to sub in Bogdan? WTF dude. Seriously? Some people just can't be helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.