[Game] Kings v. Clippers - Saturday, 11/25 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
upload_2017-11-24_13-2-50.png
(Flashback Friday to November, 2006 - when my granddaughters were already well indoctrinated into the family tradition)

So...we beat the Lakers. What's next? The stinky Clippers, for whom I have about as much love as I have for hang nails

The Clippers are without Beverley (out for the season), Teodosic and Gallinari. We look to be at full strength (except for Giles).

I was trying to think of something/anything about the Clippers that doesn't make me ill... but no such luck. I detest Blake Griffin. Austin Rivers makes me hurl. DeAndre Jordan ... meh. The rest? Most of them I didn't even remember when I looked at their team page. Of course, that could be because I do everything I can to avoid ANY teams from LA.

Winning another game in G1C would make me very happy. I definitely want to see heart, hustle, energy, and effort regardless of the final score. I want to continue to see WCS looking like he wants to be out there. I'd like to see Skal improve. I want to see more of Frank Mason and Bogs. I hope Malachi can show some improvement. I'd love to see Jackson out there at some point with WCS, Mason and Bogs (and somebody else to make five.)

It's still a good time to be a Kings fan. There are positives to be gleaned from almost every game, even the bad ones. If you weren't a fan of the Kings before the good times, you missed out on the days when losses in single digits were almost as good as wins and any bright spot was cherished. A lot of us became spoiled by the few good years.

Right now feels familiar, at least to me. The strike-shortened season comes to mind every once in a while. There are similarities...even though everything BUT Jerry Reynolds and Pete Youngman has changed. My word of advice? Enjoy this time. Embrace it. Don't be so obsessed about the future that you ignore the present.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!

Slay the Dubs in Oakland? I don't think that's happening. Unless Durant, Curry, Klay, And Green are all injured.
The Clippers are in a downward spiral and ripe for a loss at G1C.OKC just beat GSW by 20 points. Kings beat OKC on Nov. 7. Anything is possible, Kings just need a hot shooting night and for the W's to be cold.

Of course they should not overlook the LA Clippers:) Doc is riding his starters big minutes to try and get some results in the win column.

Last edited:
After watching Bagley and others, I will be happy with a well played game, time on the floor and improvement by the rookies, and a 1 point loss at the buzzer.

Can't wait to go tonight. During the years when the Lakers got bad, the Clippers became my favorite Villain going away. Now with Flopper CP3 gone it won't be the same but I'd still love to be the team that clobbers the Clippers and gets Doc Rivers fired.

By the way I just LOVE Kings fans moxie sometimes... overlooking the Clippers to focus on the Warriors. I love you guys!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Can't wait to go tonight. During the years when the Lakers got bad, the Clippers became my favorite Villain going away. Now with Flopper CP3 gone it won't be the same but I'd still love to be the team that clobbers the Clippers and gets Doc Rivers fired.

By the way I just LOVE Kings fans moxie sometimes... overlooking the Clippers to focus on the Warriors. I love you guys!
They still have Blake sooooo...... still easy to hate in my book!

As I was telling my fellow-KFs in the prediction thread:

Nice! A 6-to-4 majority of W-predictors tonight :)

You're all so confident it's almost catchy...

Got me doubting myself...:rolleyes:

Still, I'll have to cling to my own sober assessmemt on this one ;)
(While hoping you'd all be right)

Tip-off is in about 5.5 hours, so you still
have time to make your own prediction.

Predictions are accepted only in the prediction thread, over THERE

(Just follow the link & post the exact game result)

gunks

Hall of Famer
Clips are probably going to blow it up soon and will be our lotto competition so I'm going to be a garbage person and hope for a hard fought loss.

I'm still rooting for the kids to beast though! It'll be a good sign if WCS has another good game against the Clip's frontcourt, which is still one of the better ones in the league. Fox still overdue for a breakout game too.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Great to see Skal showing his potential again! He's absolutely loaded with it, which is why it's so frustrating to see him struggle so much early this season!