[Game] Kings v. 76ers - Saturday, Feb. 2 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

The 76ers (34-18) and the Kings (26-25) are both coming off big wins. The 76ers beat the Warriors on Thursday night while the Kings beat the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night. Beating the Hawks in itself is not impressive, but after a slow start, the Kings played their best game in a long while and punished the Hawks by a 20+ point margin. Perhaps most important, the game gave Kings fans a glimpse into the future with Giles and Bagley anchoring the front court.

Now, do the Kings really have a chance against the 76ers? Of course they do! But it's going to be tough with Embiid and Simmons both in All-Star form. Does Embiid have any weaknesses to exploit?

Last edited:
Wilson Chandler out 2 -3 weeks. That's a starting point. Just need embiid to develop some sore knees this cold rainy morning and rest tonight. :p

Finally, another GDT.

I fully expect Embiid to dominate WCS in the paint on both ends of the floor. Same goes for Giles and Bagley.

Still, it'll be interesting to see how our guys do against him.

Chandler is a good defender so him being out helps our chances, but frankly he's been playing the 4. He's way undersized for that. They'll probably put TJ McConnell at point and move Simmons to PF tonight.

TJ is a decent defender but he's slower for a guard. Gonna need Fox to take care of business.

Let's go booooooys!

Fox and Bogi are the keys tonight especially Fox. He needs to come out aggressive early and take it to Philly. Too often over the last month Fox comes out sleepwalking through the first quarter and allows the game to come to him. Against an upper tier team like Philly that's not going to work.

Bogi needs to continue to create shots for the bigs and get Embiid in the pick-n-roll. Bogi also needs to make shots. If he goes 3 of 12 that's just not going to get it done.

Finally Shump needs to make a few shots and/or more importantly quit taking bad shots.

Simmons,TJ McConnell, Shamet Back court
Butler,Korkmaz SF
Bolden,Brewer
Embid,Muscala

So will still have big 3 starters, but maybe our Bench can kick their bench ?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Redick out with "rest" for this game is total disrespect to the Kings and they should take it personally and come out with some fire. Hey Kings, Philly thinks you're less than dog poo-poo. Philly is a team in need of outside shooting, but they don't even need their best 3 point shooter out there to beat you?? I can just see Embiid talking smack, saying they should have sat more players than just Redick against the Kings. He'll probably shout to his bench during the game that half the team should take the night off. Maybe he'll yell to his coach to just put four players out there to the Kings five to make it a fair contest.

It's about time that the Kings upset a top ranked team. Now is the time for the Kings to show improvement. That is the mantra, is it not? Improvement. Improvement is not Shump shooting like crap, nor Bjelica shooting like crap, being lazy getting back on defense, not going for loose balls, and WCS day dreaming about his mini-trip to Hawaii for the All Star break. The Kings are at home, well rested, they've been basically told by the opposing team they are basketball excrement. Can we please see some physicallity by the starters? The last game was a display of softness and laziness of mammoth proportions by first unit. Start the game strong. End it stronger.

Redick out with "rest" for this game is total disrespect to the Kings and they should take it personally and come out with some fire. Hey Kings, Philly thinks you're less than dog poo-poo. Philly is a team in need of outside shooting, but they don't even need their best 3 point shooter out there to beat you?? I can just see Embiid talking smack, saying they should have sat more players than just Redick against the Kings. He'll probably shout to his bench during the game that half the team should take the night off. Maybe he'll yell to his coach to just put four players out there to the Kings five to make it a fair contest.

It's about time that the Kings upset a top ranked team. Now is the time for the Kings to show improvement. That is the mantra, is it not? Improvement. Improvement is not Shump shooting like crap, nor Bjelica shooting like crap, being lazy getting back on defense, not going for loose balls, and WCS day dreaming about his mini-trip to Hawaii for the All Star break. The Kings are at home, well rested, they've been basically told by the opposing team they are basketball excrement. Can we please see some physicallity by the starters? The last game was a display of softness and laziness of mammoth proportions by first unit. Start the game strong. End it stronger.
Philly plays the Raptors next which will be a tough game, but you're right. The disrespect is the first thing I thought of as well. And they have two days rest before they face Toronto so it's not like they're in a terrible spot.

I hope we somehow smoke them tonight.

Tonight would do nothing for this argument. He could go 10 for 10 tonight and not be considered the shooter JJ is.
I give. Shamet needs time (years to pass) to establish himself as a shooter the way JJ has in order to have this argument.

So I will amend my statement to the following: "As far as Philadelphia's 3PT shooting in tonight game is concerned, the fact that a historically very good 3PT shooter in JJ is sitting down does not mean that they are out of guns. Their rookie, who has made 41% of his 3PT shoots this season, has been extraordinarily hot from 3 in his last 12 games shooting over 50% on 7 attempts a game"

Yea with that logic you could argue Shamet is a better 3pt shooter than Klay Thompson lol
as I said, we lack data to have these arguments, but that is all. Shamet is so far shooting the same percentage Klay shot his rookie year on same number of attempts. 10 years from now the data will probably confirm what you are sure of right now (that Klay is a superior 3PT shooter) but that is just the odds, not a surefire logical conclusion from the known facts.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
with no Reddick, that means Shamet will have a career night. Embiid should have 15-18 first quarter points to set the tone in the paint

WCS on Embiid sounds like capital punishment. Hope Embiid gets less than 20 boards
I'd be very very curious how Giles would do on Embiid. Giles core strength is off the charts if people haven't noticed. He rarely gets beat. For him at this stage, his mistakes are sometimes not being in the right place, but that's improving rapidly. In terms of sheer defensive abilities... he shows great promise. If coach could somehow put him in the right frame of mind before an Embiid assignment, I'd be for it.