[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers, 10/20/21, 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

How many minutes will Marvin Bagley play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, right, that's exactly what you do if your a top GM, let one play by one of your best players make your decision for you. That was a crap move by Walton, and the kind of move an idiot head coach would do. You don't publicly diss one of your best players.
He didn't? He just took him out and replaced him with Davion?

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yeah, right, that's exactly what you do if your a top GM, let one play by one of your best players make your decision for you. That was a crap move by Walton, and the kind of move an idiot head coach would do. You don't publicly diss one of your best players.
I’m sorry I don’t see it that way. He needed to come out after that. You don’t try again in same situation. Let him sort it out next game not a game in which he just gave them 2 points in a 3 pt game.

I know it’s only his 2nd year, but I feel Hali has already proven to be a core guy and a guy that should get the benefit of the doubt from his coach in that situation. Not pulled.

Hit back with facts or move along. Yeah, and so were the mistakes. This wasn't the first go around seeing this same thing. Didn't catch him tonight, but it might tomorrow and the next day. At least tonight we can't get the typical Marvin Bagley blame lol. Or Buddy blame eh?
Alright- here is fact to hit back with. We won! We won in a place where we almost always lose. We had stretches where we played really well. And we can play better. We made mistakes, absolutely. But we won. Fact.

Here is another fact. Your M.O. is constantly to pee in the gravy. No matter what.

You are the one not using facts. You are pitching subjective opinions about what you think we didn’t do well enough. The only one of us using facts is me, and it’s the only fact you can’t dispute- 1-0.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I know it’s only his 2nd year, but I feel Hali has already proven to be a core guy and a guy that should get the benefit of the doubt from his coach in that situation. Not pulled.
Had it not went on all of preseason and this whole game yes. Luke looked past the preseason and made him starter. He did nothing then almost cost us. Yeah you pull him. That’s why we are happy about depth. One guy struggles you don’t leave him in to do it again. That’s type of crap everybody wanted buddy traded for.

Alright- here is fact to hit back with. We won! We won in a place where we almost always lose. We had stretches where we played really well. And we can play better. We made mistakes, absolutely. But we won. Fact.

Here is another fact. Your M.O. is constantly to pee in the gravy. No matter what.

You are the one not using facts. You are pitching subjective opinions about what you think we didn’t do well enough. The only one of us using facts is me, and it’s the only fact you can’t dispute- 1-0.
I hear ya, but no, I responded in REAL time to what was occurring. I didn't wait until the finish to chime in as some some others MO. they won, and yes that was a great win, but there were clear issues. This being a message board I would figure is the exact place to discuss them.

I'm fine with taking Tyrese out there - he's a pretty self-aware guy. I'm sure he's upset with himself and knows he screwed up, but you show confidence in him by putting him in the same situation again next game, not right after it happened and he's still frazzled.
We've seen enough the last few seasons of late game tinkering. We know the typical result regardless of who is in there. Just stick with what is working coach.

It is funny that as Kings fans, we search for something wrong on an overall pretty good night for Kings basketball and a real tough win(probably ends up being important too, Portland is gonna be in that 6-10 range that we're shooting for).
Don't you think a little healthy paranoia is warranted after 15 years and seeing the same problems early mount as the season goes on? ;)

Our defensive effort was good for three quarters. There are still going to be a lot of growing pains. People are getting too down on the team. They gutted out a win, on the road, against a team that has always destroyed us, with the refs against us too. This was a game we easily lose last season.
I won't harp on it, but a strong defensive effort throughout HAS to be this team's calling card. A little dismaying to see them lose their poise down the stretch.

I won't harp on it, but a strong defensive effort throughout HAS to be this team's calling card. A little dismaying to see them lose their poise down the stretch.
It goes back to management. If the Kings find that balance they have a real shot this season to get into the postseason. It's a tale of two teams. One with more defense but not a ton of iso ability. Then another with not nearly the D but can blow a team out when they're humming along. This team might end up being a team of balance. Attempting to reach either extreme might be a mistake.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I was telling my girlfriend towards the end of the 4th that I’m done with the Kings forever, and that I’m a fool to have even thought they were going to be good this season, and that I’ll never watch another game of theirs ever again and I hate Luke and I hate Vlade and I hate Vivek and I hate the refs and Kings fandom is some cruel joke, or perhaps a punishment for evils committed in a past life, and I shudder to think of what kind of monster I must have been and…

... then Dame missed, so…

Go Kings!!!!! On to the next one!! Lets effin go!!!

Down the stretch, I feel like Walton should have put Davion in for defense instead of Terrance Davis. Surely, Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell can co-exist. Or even take Buddy out for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.