[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers, 10/20/21, 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

How many minutes will Marvin Bagley play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win
Not a fan of Walton pulling Hali on that last possession . Hali left the floor pretty quickly after the game
And Harkless. I get it, Davion rookied up some major defensive mistakes late, but if he's going to try and "coach" his team to victory and goes total defense he doesn't leave Davion in?

Delighted with the win.

Decidedly not delighted w/the Kings surrendering 72 pts in the second half. That SUKS.
That is the straight sauce.....they aren't winning games against the better teams with tonight's 2nd half excuse for rebounding and defense...it took a season-type high shooting night from Barnes to eek out the win....too much Fox one-on-one trying to force calls

TD/Hali/Mitchell combined 4/21 shooting and 2/11 from 3 and still pull the win. Good sign as I think it'll be pretty rare all 3 of those guys aren't playing well on O.
Then again on the flipside, Luke is still Luke in late game situations and they needed Barnes to go all out LeBron to win. haha. Good 'ol Kings, nothing can ever be easy. lol.

The Blazers might be the most non-fun team for me to watch. They're like the Kings, except they have Damian Lillard. All they do is jack up 3s and not play defense.

With that being said, so great to have the win tonight! I think the guys played well and the refs held their whistle too much at the end there. Should've been a flagrant on Nurkic. He does that BS thing Cousins used to do where he fouls hard, then walks away like he did nothing.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Great win
Not a fan of Walton pulling Hali on that last possession . Hali left the floor pretty quickly after the game
Good. Maybe he will get his head out it. With preseason and this game he is shooting 6% from 3pt and 27% from the field. Now all of a sudden he can’t handle the ball. He is having issues. Shouldn’t be starting trying to figure them out.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Blazers might be the most non-fun team for me to watch. They're like the Kings, except they have Damian Lillard. All they do is jack up 3s and not play defense.

With that being said, so great to have the win tonight! I think the guys played well and the refs held their whistle too much at the end there. Should've been a flagrant on Nurkic. He does that BS thing Cousins used to do where he fouls hard, then walks away like he did nothing.
Except unlike Cousins, he gets star calls for some reason

That is the straight sauce.....they aren't winning games against the better teams with tonight's 2nd half excuse for rebounding and defense...it took a season-type high shooting night from Barnes to eek out the win....too much Fox one-on-one trying to force calls
I called it in preseason, with some of the lineups Walton is running he's literally the ONLY player capable of creating shots. Davion and Tyrese are going to see more and more double teams as the season goes on and they aren't going to carry anyone in that scenario. Whoever is in Waltons ear and immediately corrected the faults tonight better have seen what the deal is because rotations and roster management is everything.

Then again on the flipside, Luke is still Luke in late game situations and they needed Barnes to go all out LeBron to win. haha. Good 'ol Kings, nothing can ever be easy. lol.
So? Refs were crap and 3 of their main offensive weapons they're going to rely on for spacing especially this season were total garbage. Gutty win on the road against a team that has largely owned us for a long time.

Not a perfect win, but there's a lot to build on here

I know it’s just the first game but I hope the offense can find its rhythm sooner rather than later. Not enough ball movement and we still need someone who can create a bucket besides Fox and Black Falcon. The slump for Ty continues. Nothing to worry about just yet but worth keeping an eye on. Bench Buddy is really fantastic, he should embrace that role. Len should have been subbed in to knock Nurkic around.

We just won in our house of horrors, and your move is to pick nits with the coach. So damn predictable
Hit back with facts or move along. Yeah, and so were the mistakes. This wasn't the first go around seeing this same thing. Didn't catch him tonight, but it might tomorrow and the next day. At least tonight we can't get the typical Marvin Bagley blame lol. Or Buddy blame eh?

Entity

Hall of Famer
can we trade haliburton for last years haliburton? Is that possible? I’m worried about the kid. Something is going on. He is in major struggle mode right now. Maybe the pressure of starting? Maybe this is in protest to Bagley not playing. Or upset we took a pg in the draft? I don’t know

Entity

Hall of Famer
Hit back with facts or move along. Yeah, and so were the mistakes. This wasn't the first go around seeing this same thing. Didn't catch him tonight, but it might tomorrow and the next day. At least tonight we can't get the typical Marvin Bagley blame lol. Or Buddy blame eh?
Buddy was pretty flawless tonight as well as HB and Holmes. Fox looked good early but hero ball and “the shoe” almost cost is down the stretch. Just forcing things with no ball movement is something we have seen before and it doesn’t work. Luckily we had a lead before it started.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Either Monte or Morey probably picked a phone after this game and talked about Hali in a Simmons trade. ;)
Yeah, right, that's exactly what you do if your a top GM, let one play by one of your best players make your decision for you. That was a crap move by Walton, and the kind of move an idiot head coach would do. You don't publicly diss one of your best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.