[Game] Kings @ Suns, Tuesday, Dec. 4 (6PT/9ET)

Giles needs to play better defense. Just to be clear KK is the better player right now. But Giles can do things KK can’t even dream about. That fact is the nub of the problem.
The Giles-Koufos thing is tough to figure out for who gets those 12-15minutes behind WCS. If we were 6-17 and Koufos was still getting the minutes, then yeah I'd have a huge issue with how Joerger is handling the run Giles is getting. But we are winning and Koufos is providing 2 things we desperately lack right now (rim protection and rebounding) that we don't get from elsewhere on the roster. Basically every metric shows he's providing a huge impact on the glass and defensively and is due for some positive regression with his offensive game.

Giles is infinitely more talented offensively, but we aren't losing games on the offensive end. I don't like him not getting burn, but I don't think it's wrong to give his minutes to Koufos when he's a valuable contributor and we're still in the playoff hunt. Tough spot to be in for Joerger.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Maybe it is who Giles was playing with, but I thought he looked pretty inconsistent and was as much of the reason the Suns made their late game run as anyone.
Good on offense, rough on defense. I liked what he flashed, but I understand why Joerger is hesitant to play him in games where the outcome is in question.

Hopefully there are more garbage time minutes for Giles in Cleveland!

Really fun game to watch. WCS set the tone. Buddy ran with it. Fox hit his stride. Bogie being Bogie. JJ looking....consistent? Williams good. Koufos did Koufos like things. Giles was Gilesey with some awesome flashes in there.

Only complaint is Grant. Boy he sure does know how to suck the fun out of a party. More griping about Buddy as if he's got a mouth like Cousins. I think that's going to be his new annoying fascination going forward. Oh and gushing over Holmes for about an hour straight. How about you talk about how well the Kings players are playing?

Maybe it is who Giles was playing with, but I thought he looked pretty inconsistent and was as much of the reason the Suns made their late game run as anyone.
He was pressing/rushing and the one kid who fouled out, Holmes, was giving his fits with his physicality. Once Holmes fouled out Harry started looking like a decent NBA player. But Holmes was abusing Giles on both ends.

The Giles-Koufos thing is tough to figure out for who gets those 12-15minutes behind WCS. If we were 6-17 and Koufos was still getting the minutes, then yeah I'd have a huge issue with how Joerger is handling the run Giles is getting. But we are winning and Koufos is providing 2 things we desperately lack right now (rim protection and rebounding) that we don't get from elsewhere on the roster. Basically every metric shows he's providing a huge impact on the glass and defensively and is due for some positive regression with his offensive game.

Giles is infinitely more talented offensively, but we aren't losing games on the offensive end. I don't like him not getting burn, but I don't think it's wrong to give his minutes to Koufos when he's a valuable contributor and we're still in the playoff hunt. Tough spot to be in for Joerger.
Not sure it’s tough at all. It just depends on your perspective.

Want to win games this year? KK is your guy hands down. He is by far the better defender. Even the most ardent Giles supporters would agree.

Want to be really good in 2 years? Giles should be your guy as he needs the burn and makes plays KK simply can’t. KK has yet to elevate and finish a Bog’s lob.

This difference in opinion is at the core of Kings management issues.

Good on offense, rough on defense. I liked what he flashed, but I understand why Joerger is hesitant to play him in games where the outcome is in question.

Hopefully there are more garbage time minutes for Giles in Cleveland!
He’s not getting better with just garbage time minutes. It’s a matter of your time horizon and when you are trying to maximize.

Watched the Suns post game.

Eddie Johnson and Tom Chambers were none too happy about Harry and Ben. They thought they were hot dogging it in garbage time and acting like they had something to do with the lead. They especially got feisty in regards to Ben who I guess hot dogged the three that he made. Tom wondered “wait, McLemore is still in the league?” Lol salty salty
They can suck it.

He’s not getting better with just garbage time minutes. It’s a matter of your time horizon and when you are trying to maximize.
I want to see Giles as much as anyone, but he played himself out of the rotation earlier this year and I’m with him clawing his way back into, if he earns it. It’s his rookie year. So I really don’t understand the he needs to be granted more minutes argument. He’s a liability on defense right now and is a fouling machine.

Do you care about making the playoffs? Not saying this in a dickish way at all, I'm legitimately curious. There's certainly an argument that getting an 8 seed just to get curb-stomped by the Warriors isn't really worth it. In that case, I'd totally understand why you think Giles should be a priority play.

I want to see Giles as much as anyone, but he played himself out of the rotation earlier this year and I’m with him clawing his way back into, if he earns it. It’s his rookie year. So I really don’t understand the he needs to be granted more minutes argument. He’s a liability on defense right now and is a fouling machine.
He will get there. Building that foundation with Giles and Bagley. I love it. I’m as guilty of an impatient comment on this board as the next guy, but I say stay the course Coach Joerger!

He absolutely is getting better with garbage time. I see a player that is improving every game out there, and I suspect in the practices we don’t see. You are just discounting it because he’s showing us things in....garabage time.

McBen was pretty much the sole reason they got to within 15, you think the opposing announcers would be thrilled with his play. Lol

I can absolutely see opposing everybody hating Giles in the near future. He has an unlikable swagger about him, if you’re an opponent.
McBen was pretty much the sole reason they got to within 15, you think the opposing announcers would be thrilled with his play. Lol

I can absolutely see opposing everybody hating Giles in the near future. He has an unlikable swagger about him, if you’re an opponent.
as Kings fans we’ve seen and hated many many players that had that swag while hanging an L on us. Nothing against Drexler but man I hated seeing that smirk after another 4th quarter dunk while up 20. Giles I can see is gonna have that plus a little something to say to them for their memory bank for a few years!

My all time favorite flip was the “Tizzy flip” followed by a big ol smile!
Damn I don’t know where my mind is at lately. Thanks. Should have mentioned that when me and my fiends used to discuss the Fundy flip, it was a joke in regards to the Tizzy flip. I think I am just getting old lol
Loved Wayman. Was my neighbor growing up and his daughter played with my sister: Great freaking guy

Really fun game to watch. WCS set the tone. Buddy ran with it. Fox hit his stride. Bogie being Bogie. JJ looking....consistent? Williams good. Koufos did Koufos like things. Giles was Gilesey with some awesome flashes in there.

Only complaint is Grant. Boy he sure does know how to suck the fun out of a party. More griping about Buddy as if he's got a mouth like Cousins. I think that's going to be his new annoying fascination going forward. Oh and gushing over Holmes for about an hour straight. How about you talk about how well the Kings players are playing?
I legitimately thought a trade was in place for Holmes at one point during the game tonight

Man the guys looked good tonight and got to rest for most of the 4th quarter which should pay dividends on this road trip. KK is a player we need right now and I am glad he is healthy and hope he stays that way. His average game is fine for me as he gets his rebounds and gives us some points and really does not disappear in a game.

As for Giles his time will come and a limited number of minutes this year is fine with me as I don’t see him talking too many minutes away from the other bigs right now. As long as he stays healthy he will be a very good player in a few years.
What I did not like last night was the coach letting his end of bench reserves play out of control or at least a few of them did. That’s fun but not going to get you into the rotation. Giles was fine but I can see why Bogi is going to see plenty of playing time at point guard.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Again the Williams / Joeger beef is about Giles. Joeger is coaching for the Minnesota job and using Kosta and Beli with limited time for Giles. The Kings front office is correct in being pissed.

That being said good to see the Kings play well.
Bull.... Joerger is coaching with all his heart because he loves these guys and what's about to happen. The idea that he'll just up and go to the Twolves makes zero sense.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bull.... Joerger is coaching with all his heart because he loves these guys and what's about to happen. The idea that he'll just up and go to the Twolves makes zero sense.
Not to mention, he's still under-contract for next season and there is absolutely no guarantee that Thibs is going to get fired.

Again the Williams / Joeger beef is about Giles. Joeger is coaching for the Minnesota job and using Kosta and Beli with limited time for Giles. The Kings front office is correct in being pissed.

That being said good to see the Kings play well.
How dare you question my coach's heart with absolutely nothing to base it on except your own paranoia.