Kings @ Suns Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
piksi said:
Also - that W would give us 50 wins which is admirable considering everything that went and it still going on.
McCallum at SI agrees. He gives the Kings (and Pacers) one of his "Irregular" awards. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jack_mccallum/04/14/awards/index.html
Now for a few irregular awards: MOST DURABLE TEAMS Out West Sacramento traded Chris Webber, its alleged "best player" (though I never bought it) and Doug Christie, a reliable rock. Everybody ignored the Kings with the ascension of Phoenix and Seattle and the continued dominance of San Antonio. But there they are, with a .615 winning percentage and, behind the quiet competence of coach Rick Adelman, ready to (perhaps) do some damage in the postseason.
Although I have been a little frustrated sometimes with Cat, I also understand that to try to completely change the way you've played since you were a kid has to be very difficult. I do think he's trying and making progress, too. He needs some patience. I don't think I will be able to decide anything about any of the players we received until next year (depending on who is still with the team).

I'd love for the guys to get this win in the Suns house!

LET'S GO KINGS!!!!

Last edited:
I don't think its all Cats fault either that he's dribbling to much. Someone could set a screen or make themselves available to the ball. I just dont like seeing the ball stop moving. We run a motion offense. Therefore we need motion!

A

AriesMar27

mobley dribbles way too much... there were times where he wasnt even looking to pass until someone decided to guard him... he would just dribble on and on with mike stand right next to him wide open..... i saw that 3 or 4 times.... that was when the lakers made their push and started going to the line because mobly was wasting everyones time dribbling the damn ball...

teamdimechampionship said:
I don't think its all Cats fault either that he's dribbling to much. Someone could set a screen or make themselves available to the ball. I just dont like seeing the ball stop moving. We run a motion offense. Therefore we need motion!
Exactly. And I don't think teamdimechampionship and I are whining either. It just something we both have noticed. I don't think there's anything wrong that at all.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
kennadog said:
Although I have been a little frustrated sometimes with Cat, I also understand that to try a completely change the way you've played since you were a kid has to be very difficult. I do think he's trying and making progress, too. He needs some patience. I don't think I will be able to decide anything about any of the players we received until next year (depending on who is still with the team).

I'd love for the guys to get this win in the Suns house!

LET'S GO KINGS!!!!
Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say.

I am, in essence, heart-sick of the negativity about some of OUR OWN players. If people are going to be so quick to post negatives, they could at least be just as quick to compliment someone - in this case, Cat - when he does something good. He played VERY well last night in a role he is not at all used to playing.

But, what the heck...luckily I think Geoff Petrie, Rick Adelman, and co. have a lot more positive opinion of Cat and the other new guys and are a little more willing to give them a chance to work into our system, much like many others before them, and that's more than good enough for me.

...If the guy is wearing the uniform of the Sacramento Kings, he gets my support...

GO KINGS!!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AriesMar27 said:
mobley dribbles way too much... there were times where he wasnt even looking to pass until someone decided to guard him... he would just dribble on and on with mike stand right next to him wide open..... i saw that 3 or 4 times.... that was when the lakers made their push and started going to the line because mobly was wasting everyones time dribbling the damn ball...
When the Lakers started making their push, Bibby was on the bench. That might have been at least part of the reason Mobley didn't pass to him.

:rolleyes:

GO KINGS!!!! Gonna be MOONlight not SUNlight!!! Just please no more owies,booboos or turnips or whatever the pc term is now. I wish changing the name would change the outcome but I have a feeling the KI won't be happy till they all are hurt. Now I wonder what would happen then --- shudders to think.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
loopymitch said:
GO KINGS!!!! Gonna be MOONlight not SUNlight!!! Just please no more owies,booboos or turnips or whatever the pc term is now. I wish changing the name would change the outcome but I have a feeling the KI won't be happy till they all are hurt. Now I wonder what would happen then --- shudders to think.
There's an old saying: Don't ever challenge worse.

Why on earth would you make a comment like that out loud, so to speak?

(Keeping it positive)How about Mo last night? GREAT to see him step it up w/o Peja. Especially considering his last game vs. LA. I think he went 2-10 with 2 airballs and 2 missed dunks! Way to bounce back Mo.

VF21 said:
There's an old saying: Don't ever challenge worse.

Why on earth would you make a comment like that out loud, so to speak?[/QUOTE

I was just wondering what would happen, not trying to add to the KI. I'd love for us all to be healthy. One day it will happen, hopefully soon.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a favor to those of us who are getting very superstitious, next time please don't post your "wondering".

;)

Half an hour to go! Looks like Rockets will beat Denver so once again we have to stay ahead of Houston to keep the 5th spot. This is the toughest game of the season. I hope we bring the effort. If we do I beleive we will win! We are much deeper than them right now......even without Peja. A key matchup in my opinion will be Barbosa vs. House off the bench. I like our chances!

AriesMar27 said:
Wait... was that before or after his 10th assist? Sad.

A

AriesMar27

man... if we had lost the game his 10 assists wouldnt have meant anything and everyone would be saying how he dribbles to damn much.... i mean damn luke walton had 9 assists and 12 rebounds.... thats better than mobleys 10/4.... we're probably lucky that kobe didnt play.... and that atkins and walton couldnt hit themselves with the ball.... or we would have lost....

Mobley still annoys me a lot in the first half of games. He makes some of the most bizarre unforced turnovers...

But he is so money in the fourth quarter it is really hard to stay mad at the guy. And he's grown a lot as a player since he's come here; at first I was thinking we'd let him walk or sign-and-trade this offseason, but now I'm thinking he may just be our replacement for Doug.

He should have a good game against Richardson tonight if he just remembers to play defense.
~~

Im glad to see they are human afterall...good game in the first half...the second half the Rox started to pull away and it didn't really get intertaining for me...i expected to see a back forth game or at least a game of runs and the Nuggz never really made a strong run in the second half

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Okay, which Kings team will show up tonight?

1. The "Peja is out now too, so we will step up to the plate and get the job done anyway" team.
2. The "Oh no, now we don't have Peja, whatever shall we do?" team.
3. The "Oh crap, that curse will get us all, so what's the use" team.

Okay, guys, I vote for #1. Now, get your posteriors out on that court and find a way to WIN!!!!!

6th said:
Okay, which Kings team will show up tonight?

1. The "Peja is out now too, so we will step up to the plate and get the job done anyway" team.
2. The "Oh no, now we don't have Peja, whatever shall we do?" team.
3. The "Oh crap, that curse will get us all, so what's the use" team.

Okay, guys, I vote for #1. Now, get your posteriors out on that court and find a way to WIN!!!!!
You forgot #4, "Now's our chance to drop to 6th without looking like we're taking a dive." ;)
~~

Nash has a foul already. We need to go at Nash every time down the floor. He has a tendency to pick up fouls, he even fouled out of a game against us with the Mavs.
~~

Status
Not open for further replies.