Kings @ Sonics GAme Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BullKing said:
Bibby did cost us the game, why would you attempt that shot when there are 13s left on the clock!!!! Mike is a veteran not a rookie!
Yea, your absolute right, Bibby cost us the game. The Kings TEAM shot a horrible 38% and their free throw % was 60. Yes, it was Bibby's fault. Why don't you blame Kenny Thomas. He missed HALF his free throws. Why don't you blame Bjax because he was 0-7. Had he made a few shots, the Kings would have won.

Sorry, the Kings lost this game as a TEAM. Yes, I would agree, Bibby last shot was terrible, however, if I had to chose a player to shot a clutch shot, it would still be Bibby.

Much better defense in 2nd half. FT shooting lost us this game in the end. ings = 60%! that is downright awful. Bu maybe the Kings and RA are seeing how to defend the Sonic from that half. I'm disappointed, but hopeful. Why didn't they run some plays for Peja?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, they just said the Kings are coming home immediately because there's a U2 concert in Key Arena the next two days. I mentioned it in the PBP, but in case you didn't hear it - Grant predicted that Bibby will head straight to the practice facility and shoot buckets until dawn.

I would have loved a win, of course, but this was just the first game - and it's a seven-game series. I think the Kings and RA learned a lot about what they have available and I think they learned a lot about the Sonics. I'm more optimistic right now than I've been in quite a while.

Oh, come one guys. Be encouraged. Our back court cannot be this bad ever again? Except for Cat of course, he kind of made his option for the next year look cheap. Bibby, House and Bobby did not have anything between them. Not gonna happen again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rockmeister said:
... the Kings lost this game as a TEAM. Yes, I would agree, Bibby last shot was terrible, however, if I had to chose a player to shot a clutch shot, it would still be Bibby.
word.

AleksandarN said:
I am sorry but Bibby did not help us today shooting 1-16 is hard for anyteam to overcome. I am not worried though Bibby will bounce back.
I would agree, Bibby was not himself, however, he will come back next game. The one thing that bothers me is the Kings are so slow at the start of the games, and then they play catch up throughout the whole game.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm optomistic too. Hopefully Adleman will realize O-Tag had impact on the game. Bibby won't do that again. Kenny Thomas will probably hit his normal 15 points on 45% shooting. Brad is going to be coming back better. Bobby will hopefully get better.

There's a lot of brightside in this loss, actually.

BullKing said:
Yeah, but we made a great comeback and he wasted it with his brainless decision making
Mobley should have taken it to the rack before Mike hoisted his. The whole last possession was bad. Yeah Kenny missed FT's but we wouldn't have had a chance if AD doesn't miss his 2. I liked our effort. Mike will be back if not his jumper the passing will improve. WE have a good shot in game #2!

Can't lay it all on Mike's shoulders. Kenny wasn't making shots either and unfortunately, Skinner wasn't as effective as he usually is. Start Tag at center and Brad as P.Forward.

I still think we can win it all the way!!!!

bozzwell said:
Oh, come one guys. Be encouraged. Our back court cannot be this bad ever again? Except for Cat of course, he kind of made his option for the next year look cheap. Bibby, House and Bobby did not have anything between them. Not gonna happen again.
Eddie took 1 bad shot but he hustled while in there for 2 minutes he got an O board.

BullKing said:
I doubt Brad will start, I'm scared he will get severly injured, he is still playing on a broken leg :(
Its 6 weeks after the break, his leg better NOT still be broken!!! Other wise something is seriously wrong. He even had great calcium growth or something.

It was at least encouraging to see Rick find a solution (somewhat) for the Jerome James problem. Hope to see a lot more of the Brad & Greg combo. Assuming Greg can take the minutes ;)

Pedja played good defense again. One of the things over looked about his game. He getting better every year on the defensive end. He pretty much shut down Ray Allen in the 4 th when Rick switched Pedja on him

Bibbylicious said:
Can't lay it all on Mike's shoulders. Kenny wasn't making shots either and unfortunately, Skinner wasn't as effective as he usually is. Start Tag at center and Brad as P.Forward.

I still think we can win it all the way!!!!
Not to be contrary but I have not seen an effective Skinner in the past 5 games. Not sure what the problem is injuries or jsut out sized when he has to play against the big boys. Would like to see him play at the 4 with Brad at the 5 but RA can't really have he and Tag on the floor at the same time... just no offense there.

A

AriesMar27

where was mo evans? i would have rather have him out there with mobley than bibby and bobby shooting the way they did.... that was horrible.... that had to be bibby and bobby's worst game ever..... ever....

AleksandarN said:
Pedja played good defense again. One of the things over looked about his game. He getting better every year on the defensive end.
yes you're right. everybody rips him for his soft euro defense, but he's an average defender now, nothing more or less.

AleksandarN said:
Pedja played good defense again. One of the things over looked about his game. He getting better every year on the defensive end. He pretty much shut down Ray Allen in the 4 th when Rick switched Pedja on him
I don't think it is overlooked. Pedja's job is pretty much to be efficient scorer while the game is in flow and once the game is in clutch (and it requires players to improvise on their own) - Pedja's focus/presence is felt on defense. In that respect we have very balanced clutch scoring and clutch defense.

VF21 said:
Ah, they just said the Kings are coming home immediately because there's a U2 concert in Key Arena the next two days. I mentioned it in the PBP, but in case you didn't hear it - Grant predicted that Bibby will head straight to the practice facility and shoot buckets until dawn.

I would have loved a win, of course, but this was just the first game - and it's a seven-game series. I think the Kings and RA learned a lot about what they have available and I think they learned a lot about the Sonics. I'm more optimistic right now than I've been in quite a while.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Really, just think about it. Bibby only had 3 points!!!!!!!! Of course, I am a little disappointed that we did not win, but you have to admit, we made the right adjustments after the half. Bibby will NOT have another game like this. I actually have MUCH more confidence now than before. Tag and Miller together were awesome! All in all, I like our chances.

To end the day on a happy note.....

There were three other playoff games that ended worse than ours. At least we made a game out of it and didn't give up until the end.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
HndsmCelt said:
Not to be contrary but I have not seen an effective Skinner in the past 5 games. Not sure what the problem is injuries or jsut out sized when he has to play against the big boys. Would like to see him play at the 4 with Brad at the 5 but RA can't really have he and Tag on the floor at the same time... just no offense there.
I think it may be a combination of several factors - first, both thumbs were pretty badly sprained. Second, he was riding a natural high until he was injured, because of all the excitement of the trade, coming to the Kings, getting major minutes. etc. That adrenalin rush is probably really hard to get back once you've had to sit out because of injuries. Third, he was able to do the impossible for a while and I think Kings fans may have put the bar up a little too high for him in ongoing situations.

I really think you make a good point about him being out-sized when he's playing against big guys. And that was - all along - one of the concerns we had about him. I, too, would like to see him at the 4 with Brad ... and I suspect it might actually happen.

VF21 said:
I think it may be a combination of several factors - first, both thumbs were pretty badly sprained. Second, he was riding a natural high until he was injured, because of all the excitement of the trade, coming to the Kings, getting major minutes. etc. That adrenalin rush is probably really hard to get back once you've had to sit out because of injuries. Third, he was able to do the impossible for a while and I think Kings fans may have put the bar up a little too high for him in ongoing situations.

I really think you make a good point about him being out-sized when he's playing against big guys. And that was - all along - one of the concerns we had about him. I, too, would like to see him at the 4 with Brad ... and I suspect it might actually happen.
I aggree I was thinking about that the other day. Skinner would work well with Brad from a defensive stand point.

We had a chance to win... away from home and during a playoff game... first game that is.

I am not worried, I still think we will take the series..

Status
Not open for further replies.