1st round pick

Seattle Trades -

Rashard Lewis

Kings:

Brad
Shareef
Lewis
Bonzi
Bibby Do you guys think it's a fair trade for both parties????

no way this trade should happen , lewis is a overrated player by all means . peja is the future !

Smart_guy3 said:
Kings Trade -

Peja
Jamal Sampson
1st round pick

Seattle Trades -

Rashard Lewis

Kings:

Brad
Shareef
Lewis
Bonzi

K

Kings241

Hmm i heard about this trade idea last year too but i forgot about it, anyways i dont really see how this helps the Kings. You give up your best shooter for another good shooter. Lewis is good but he cant defend very well and hasnt really proven anything except put numbers up with Ray Allens help.

A

AriesMar27

mediocrity.....

how about we send thomas or corliss with them and het radmonovic as well.... cause our bench sucks ***....

Smart_guy3 said:
Kings Trade -

Peja
Jamal Sampson
1st round pick

Seattle Trades -

Rashard Lewis

Kings:

Brad
Shareef
Lewis
Bonzi
basically this is a trade peja thread

S

Smart_guy3

Actually it's not Peja has been the only good player thus far in the Season along with Shareef but I thought a trade like this would be Interesting to talk about.

Well.. imo if we are going to start trading people than we are already conceiding this year. I think we need to fire Adleman before anythign happens.

kingsville said:
no way this trade should happen , lewis is a overrated player by all means . peja is the future !
This is really really getting out of hand. Ok I will bite what do you mean future? Care to explain or give in detail why he is our future and why Lewis is overrated?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stojakovic said:
kv is a riot.

He's obviously joking around.
I can only hope.

As an aside, trading Peja for another soft shooter (albeit with a post game) solves nothing. That's just spinning the wheels.

Smart_guy3 said:
Actually it's not Peja has been the only good player thus far in the Season along with Shareef but I thought a trade like this would be Interesting to talk about.

Have you been watching the games???? Bonzi and Reef are the only 2 playing worth anything. Peja had good games against the Suns and 3 quarters of the DEN game. If he isn't shooting well, or a good defender makes him go right (or dribble at all :mad:) he doesn't do anything else for the team. NO REBOUNDING. NO DEFENSE. NO HUSTLE. NO LEADERSHIP. NO TOUGHNESS. No anything

Everyone loves Peja when he is "on" but that simply doesn't happen as much as it used to. And when he is "off," he does nothing else for the team.

PEJA IS A GREAT #2 OPTION, BUT CAN NEVER BE A SUPERSTAR WITH HIS ATTITUDE OF NOT WORKING ON HIS GAME IN THE OFFSEASON. period

Bricklayer

Smart_guy3 said:
Which players will you trade Peja for Brick?
If we decide to trade Peja, I would be looking for something to change the mix. The mix just is not working, and frankly we have too many offensive weapons, no true star level offensive player, and not enough guys who are good at anything ELSE but scoring.

So if I'm moving Peja I am looking to change things up somehow. If we just end up getting another peja-style player, then I don't think that helps us out of our doldrums. So I'd be looking for a great roleplayer, multi-player package for a superstar (the KG pipedream), or if its time to rebuild, for one or more really talented kids.

Now you COULD just move Peja for another perimeter scorer just to avoid the whole contract debacle in the summer. But If we do that I think that we have to turn around and make one or more additional moves to change up the mix in other parts of the lineup. Anyway, that's where I'm coming at it from -- I think the problem isn't talent right now for us, its the TYPE of talent and balance of that talent. Would love to change that up somehow. Not at all sure Rashard does, talented player though he be.

Last edited:
Here is a good one

LAC

Corey Maggette
6-6 SG from Duke
22.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in 36.9 minutes

Chris Wilcox
6-10 PF from Maryland
7.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.6 minutes

SAC

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Francisco Garcia
6-7 from Louisville

S

Smart_guy3

Problem, with Peja is he's effective on Offense but he's just bad when he plays defense at times he will get a good stop from here and there but he's really awful on defense if he ever tryed working on his defense he would've been a awesome player to bad in his mind all he thinks about is offense.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if we can get Odom for Peja.

Lamar Odom is definitely a better rebounder and passer than Peja but is he a good defender? I don't see the Lakers giving him away for Peja. Although, I can see this trade work out well for Peja because Vlade will probably be there to take care of his little brother.

Bricklayer

Bballkingsrock said:
Why don't we try to trade Peja near the trade deadline? I doubt if Petrie will be thinking to trade Peja right now......... more likely near the deadline.
a) the season can be lost by the deadline
b) the closer to the deadline we get, the more the power shifts to Peja to block any and all trades (by merely telling the team he would go to that he will not resign with them). The earlier in the year it is, the more chance of a team a) wanting him for tTHIS year and thinking it has tme to integrte him, and b) believing, delusionally or not, that a full year with him will oncvince him to resign and give them (the team) enough time to assess his value.
c) this all should have been handled this summer. Maybe even last summer. Not amused by Geoff's handling of this issue at all.