[Game] Kings @ Pistons - Saturday, Nov. 4 - 4 PT

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Frank does a much better job of drawing and dishing than Fox, but he doesn’t finish nearly as well. If we could put Franks brain in Fox’s body we would be golden.
Astute observation. Of course the fact that Mason stayed in college for 4 years explains a lot. Two three years from now let's see what Fox is like! But both of these guys fit with the team and play well and I love them both.

Hill has sucked, but he's still on of our 2 best players on the team. No reason to sit him. Hill can play SG too.
In terms of skill he is.. But, ‘if’ a guy doesn’t want to be here, it can suck the energy out of the culture. If he doesn’t want to be here and continues to suck he may not be movable by December for positive value.

I think Fox/Mason need to play, and are in fact playing better than him now

SG? Maybe.. we have a lot of options there

I guess it’s up to the FO/Hill/Joerger..

I may have my criticisms of Joerger but o do like his hard nosed approach at least. No way will he tolerate a guy sucking it up like that..

Look at how much better the offense was when Joerger let Fox and Mason play to their strengths.

Anytime they go away from the high post offense, they start scoring more effectively. I want to see Fox be more aggressive like he was late in the 4th. He's going to screw up and turn it over a decent amount but that's ok. Let him figure it out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We're blaming Vlade for unloading the Brinks on a guy that's coming off a serious injury for someone over 30.
Please don't get me started on the laundry list of gaffs Vlade has orchestrated.

I don't have all night
That 2019 pick is going to hurt when we're still straining our eyes looking for our bright future in 3 years after another 22-60 season.

Yeah, my optimism is at an all-time low.

So we're blaming Vlade for not being able to see into the future?
He's in charge, he's ultimately the one who has to be held accountable. He's made decisions that were widely criticized at the time and have ended up backfiring on the franchise, as was predicted. He has not shown himself to be a good GM, and infamously did not even understand the stretch provision.

Or maybe we should just continue to blame Cousins.

gunks

Hall of Famer
It's early in the season, but that may be the worst FA signing in Kings history. And Vlade already owns one of the worst trades in recent history in that Sixers fleecing.
Re: the Sixers trade.... it sucks that we're losing our draft pick next season, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure we'll be picking top 5 again in '20!

Ah, the life of a Kings fan...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Considering the Kings were playing with two rookie point guards, it's about as best as one could hope for.

Bogs needs to get more shots. The more time he gets, the better.

I finally saw WCS beat the opposition down the floor and receive the pass for a layup. Unfortunately, I saw him dawdle and allow Drummond to slip by him for a layup on the defensive end. Oh well...

We're blaming Vlade for unloading the Brinks on a guy that's coming off a serious injury for someone over 30.
Please don't get me started on the laundry list of gaffs Vlade has orchestrated.

I don't have all night
And that is hampering us how? We have absolutely nothing looming contract wise and are a non-factor getting top tier FAs. It was obviously an overpay, but we needed some bit of competence among an extremely young and raw team. Obviously Hill hasn't provided that, but he very much looked the part coming in.

The Sixers trade was abysmal, but he has done an otherwise great job of getting us in a position for the future.

Again, I think Joerger is not a bad coach, but he was brought in for his match with Cousins more than for a rebuilding team..

I don’t agree with the “earn it” thing whatsoever. Lottery teams play their youth. Skal playing 6 minutes white Zach logging the minutes he does is ridiculous. The vet mins are not in line with a rebuild. It’s going to hurt even more so if we are going to be gunning for a top 3 pick and Joerger is still trying to win meaningless games come February on when the schedule gets lighter. I just question his fit with a rebuilding team

Can Vince Carter please retire I can't believe Joerger keeps playing him the guy is worse than James Anderson out of all the players we might have signed this off-season I don't think we could have done a worse job if they tried with the 3 guys they got.

Thank god he finally decided to bench Willie "Butterfly" Stein in the first half.

And that is hampering us how? We have absolutely nothing looming contract wise and are a non-factor getting top tier FAs. It was obviously an overpay, but we needed some bit of competence among an extremely young and raw team. Obviously Hill hasn't provided that, but he very much looked the part coming in.

The Sixers trade was abysmal, but he has done an otherwise great job of getting us in a position for the future.

I understand your enthusiasm. But, In reality, your hopeful explanation is purely speculative. There has been nothing tangible to show Vlade has set the Kings up for future success. Nothing. In fact, he's done the contrary up to this point. If one of the draft picks breaks out, then I can give him credit.

He drafted Fox at 5. Which actually should have been Number 2. He picked up Bogdan. Which, is the best thing he's ever done for this team.

Again, I think Joerger is not a bad coach, but he was brought in for his match with Cousins more than for a rebuilding team..
I don’t agree with the “earn it” thing whatsoever. Lottery teams play their youth. Skal playing 6 minutes white Zach logging the minutes he does is ridiculous. The vet mins are not in line with a rebuild. It’s going to hurt even more so if we are going to be gunning for a top 3 pick and Joerger is still trying to win meaningless games come February on when the schedule gets lighter. I just question his fit with a rebuilding team
While I usually agree with giving young players minutes to develop, I can't say that Skal deserved his minutes tonight. He was freaking awful on all cylinders. I still don't even know if he's a NBA player. He might just be a 7fter that shoots the ball.

He just constantly looks lost out their on the floor. The game is obviously too fast for him. I'm really disappointed in him. I just don't think he has the right feel for the game.

While I usually agree with giving young players minutes to develop, I can't say that Skal deserved his minutes tonight. He was freaking awful on all cylinders. I still don't even know if he's a NBA player. He might just be a 7fter that shoots the ball.

He just constantly looks lost out their on the floor. The game is obviously too fast for him. I'm really disappointed in him. I just don't think he has the right feel for the game.
I don't think Skal seems NBA level yet either. His game does seem too slow for my liking too.

I think Fox, Mason, Bogdan are the most promising by a mile. WCS I've given up on, Skal & Poppa are just too slow and lost.

Hield is a major question mark. Could become a lethal shooter, or could become a Nick Young at best. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter.

I agree what kind of worries me about all our young guys aside from Fox/Bogs/Mason is that at the end of last year when they played "well" it was in completely pressure free environments/situations where nothing was expected and the season was already lost.

Now at the start of the season when something is actually on the line they at best are playing G-League level basketball.

Team looked at its best tonight when Z-Bo (who is not a very good player anymore) was the only big on the floor and we had 4 guards/SF type players around him. Sadly the only guy that's physically capable of being a physical 3/4 that can bang a bit is Jakar Sampson who is on a two way contract so even that would be hard to run against any team with a legit PF.