[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

In retrospect, it was a bad move.
No, it wasn't. Because it wasn't really a move. It was the result of other options not panning out. Like the chase for Bradley Beal, as others have pointed out.

A GM can't just make all the player transactions they want because they want it. It takes free agent players and other teams to agree to terms.

Nobody can point to a single acquisition McNair most certainly could have made but didn't that would have changed this season's outcome for the better.

No, it wasn't. Because it wasn't really a move. It was the result of other options not panning out. Like the chase for Bradley Beal, as others have pointed out.

A GM can't just make all the player transactions they want because they want it. It takes free agent players and other teams to agree to terms.

Nobody can point to a single acquisition McNair most certainly could have made but didn't that would have changed this season's outcome for the better.
He was supposed to make it work no? Then it is a bad move. If players don't agree to the terms then it is his fault to be over-confident. Some guys like you are so protective of Monte it is laughable. He had good moves but I don't see how he not get blame for this one. Btw the price to trade away Holmes is a 2nd round pick for Daniel Gafford, which makes Monte a total moron.

Cue "The Sky Is Falling" overreactions.

Moves will be needed next year for sure, but no one can say that moves were available this year as it takes two to tango.

Missing Monk can't be discounted.

The Pels had our number and up to a certain point the players who didn't show up have to take responsibility.

I'm not sure why you didn't predict this BEFORE the season. Since you knew it already....

How about we let the guy develop and figure things out a bit before writing him off, huh? And perhaps get some consistent PT from his stubborn head coach.
You act like he didn’t get playing time. He got minutes and didn’t perform.

Keon was out of the rotation earlier in the year, but made an impact when he played. Therefore, he got consistent minutes because of his production off the bench.

What’s funny is that your other post mention “It was never really a thing” when players are launching 3s. But that’s all Sasha does is shoot 3s and misses.

Another plus to be found in our misfortune is that we can’t blame everything on Kevin. When he was out, we still had some bad losses, and this will help with decision-making in TDOS.

Kayte is ridiculous….

“This is a disappointing loss, but it’s not surprising,” color analyst Kayte Christensen said on NBC Sports California postgame. “Because it almost feels like they have their hand tied behind their back to a certain degree. You’re missing a lot of people; they’re key people.”

Kayte is ridiculous….

“This is a disappointing loss, but it’s not surprising,” color analyst Kayte Christensen said on NBC Sports California postgame. “Because it almost feels like they have their hand tied behind their back to a certain degree. You’re missing a lot of people; they’re key people.”
"almost" ... "to a certain degree"

These are qualifiers that weaken the statement. Either say it or don't.

As others have said, the problem this year is that when 2 or more starters are having an off night, we have no bench outside of Monk most nights to replace the production.

As others have said, the problem this year is that when 2 or more starters are having an off night, we have no bench outside of Monk most nights to replace the production.
When you build an offense around iso and "spray threes" this is a predictable vulnerability. Though we were reliant on our two main stars to a large degree, this wasn't as big of a problem last year. We had multiple combinations of players that had chemistry and could run plays within the offense.

Our offense completely regressed in spite of our four best players having either a career year or taking major strides in their development.

We just could not adjust once the league figured out our offense.

trade Barnes for Aaron Nesmith and a first. And yes I know for a fact we could have made that trade

or

reach for any one of a number of forwards with length when you had the Davion pick and the pick you traded to Dallas.

Both of those decisions

Brought us where exactly?
I don't suddenly expect Edwards, Vezenkov, or Duarte to be difference makers in an elimination game, when they haven't been difference makers all season. That said, I would have used a Edwards a lot more this season in spots, so he'd have been more ready for a game like this. Although they needed points and that's not his strength

Kenny said it before the game, if you watch Keegan he's mostly playing off the catch. That's how players like that are. The defense largely determines their effectiveness over all. Some teams give up the DHO, some don't. Keegan even said after the game the Pelicans blew up the DHO and they have all season. Keegan has a nice little step back but the difference between having that and being a Brandon Ingram is the ability to dribble in a few more times no matter the pressure. Those few little steps are everything sometimes.
Agreed. With his thick body he needs to be able to dribble a few more time through contact. Actually, he should be aiming for contact and eventually should be able to bully his way to the basket on a consistent basis.

He was supposed to make it work no? Then it is a bad move. If players don't agree to the terms then it is his fault to be over-confident. Some guys like you are so protective of Monte it is laughable. He had good moves but I don't see how he not get blame for this one. Btw the price to trade away Holmes is a 2nd round pick for Daniel Gafford, which makes Monte a total moron.
He’s supposed to make it work — that’s your argument? And then you have the audacity to use the term “laughable”?

What a joke.

Explain to me and everyone how Monte is suppose to “make” Bradley Beal agree to a trade to send him here. Also explain to me how he’s supposed to “make” a free agent not only want to come to the city/org but for the contract that can be offered under the salary cap.

We are all ears.

Lastly, don’t start making false accusations of being ”protective” of the GM. I can easily flip that on you. Because you aren’t approaching this with a logical mindset at all, but rather purely emotionally — as evidenced above.

Last edited:
wE jUsT NeEd BeTteR pLaYerS!
Both things can be true at the same time. This team needs better coaching and they need a few better fits talent wise.

But, again, firing Brown after 2 seasons and after producing 2 winning seasons not only is a bad look, it follows the instability path this franchise followed for 16 playoff-less seasons. 16 losing seasons.

That’s not the way to go, either.

It was never really a thing. Except for Golden State, who had two all-world shooters (+KD for a few seasons) and actually played great defense during their best years.

Much of the league tried to copycat as they typically do but have discovered that it isn't replicable (as some of us have been claiming all along).
I'd put the run the Hawks put together a few years ago with them though. The Hawks didn't launch like that as a team but they were built around a player who just shot crap at the rim in a poor mans Curry style too.

Both things can be true at the same time. This team needs better coaching and they need a few better fits talent wise.

But, again, firing Brown after 2 seasons and after producing 2 winning seasons not only is a bad look, it follows the instability path this franchise followed for 16 playoff-less seasons. 16 losing seasons.

That’s not the way to go, either.
One of the few non head-in-the-sand responses re: Brown. I appreciate that. Ok, you may be right... but next year will be playoffs or bust for Brown. Would you agree that if we lay an egg like we did in the last third of the season like we did this year and miss the playoffs we should go in a different direction?

We can promote from within if we want to maintain continuity (valid concern).

One of the few non head-in-the-sand responses re: Brown. I appreciate that. Ok, you may be right... but next year will be playoffs or bust for Brown. Would you agree that if we lay an egg like we did in the last third of the season like we did this year and miss the playoffs we should go in a different direction?

We can promote from within if we want to maintain continuity (valid concern).
IMHO, this season went into the tank the day Luka slammed into Monk's knee and sidelined the Kings heart and soul for a month. The Kings plain and simple didn't have the horses to make up for the loss of Monk (especially after Huerter was already lost for the season).

If Monte makes the necessary player acquisitions to improve the length, size and athleticism of the roster, I would say it will be playoffs of bust for Brown and the Kings next season. But, if the correct player personnel moves are made this off season, I'm confident that MB will get the Kings into the playoffs next year.

He’s supposed to make it work — that’s your argument? And then you have the audacity to use the term “laughable”?

What a joke.

Explain to me and everyone how Monte is suppose to “make” Bradley Beal agree to a trade to send him here. Also explain to me how he’s supposed to “make” a free agent not only want to come to the city/org but for the contract that can be offered under the salary cap.

We are all ears.

Lastly, don’t start making false accusations of being ”protective” of the GM. I can easily flip that on you. Because you aren’t approaching this with a logical mindset at all, but rather purely emotionally — as evidenced above.
Okay I maybe a bit emotional, sorry for that. But I still think when you throw away your FRP, you should have enough confident and backup plan than just resigning your current players. We all want to see a better team, I think we can agree on that.

IMHO, this season went into the tank the day Luka slammed into Monk's knee and sidelined the Kings heart and soul for a month. The Kings plain and simple didn't have the horses to make up for the loss of Monk (especially after Huerter was already lost for the season).

If Monte makes the necessary player acquisitions to improve the length, size and athleticism of the roster, I would say it will be playoffs of bust for Brown and the Kings next season. But, if the correct player personnel moves are made this off season, I'm confident that MB will get the Kings into the playoffs next year.
I'm pretty sure making the playoffs is no longer the bar for success that the organization has in mind. They expect to make the playoffs, and so do the fans which is what makes this season a disappointment. They want to go to the finals.