[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Mike is also part of the turnaround. He’s playing the players he has.
is he???

I have stated over and over only Edwards has the chance to stop Ingram and Barnes would struggle against the Pels length because he isn’t long. Now I could be wrong but we will never know because Mike insisted on the same rotation despite getting his ass kicked 5 times before.
I'll say this much, though: McNair does need to address the wing situation, because... either the players aren't good enough, or Brown doesn't trust them enough to play them. It only matters but so much which one of those it is, but he needs to bring in some people that Brown will put in the game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
he spot up 3 percentage has been pretty good.
Can’t hit spot up threes against the Pels though. That’s pretty much their entire defense. They’ll allow space and close out hard which will leave second or third read threes open but only if you make the right read which is where Kessler runs into some trouble.

Kings need another go to scorer especially if monk is gone. Murray is not ready for that yet. He is far too inconsistent and who knows if he'll ever reach that point.
I agree, Keegan is just too inconsistent. Days when you think about packaging in a deal, he comes out and kills it.

The problem with let’s focus on defense is it takes time like multiple seasons. Outcry from the fan base leads to the coach getting fired. At least in this town.

Our best players are losing this game tonight but somehow it’s all the fault of whoever’s favorite whipping boy, the coach, not playing Edwards, or somehow a guy who’s been injured the last month and a half.

I do think we are a great fan base but sometimes we’re just embarrassing.
what the hell is embarrassing about asking your coach who has gotten his ass kicked 5 times previously….

to try something different.

what is embarrassing is half the fan base making excuses for it. Only in Sacramento would such behavior be tolerated.

I know this is completely irrational and a ridiculous take, but the decision to move on from Terrance Davis for Duarte was a bigger deal than it seems. In a game like this last year, TD came in with balls of steel gunning. When he was on he could win us a game. Not having a player at the end of your bench like TD (especially after the loss of Monk) gave us nobody else to turn to when our offense stalled out.

Kings need another go to scorer especially if monk is gone. Murray is not ready for that yet. He is far too inconsistent and who knows if he'll ever reach that point.
The frustrating thing is that we’re not asking him to be our go-to scorer. Fox and Sabonis take a lot of pressure off his game, yet it seems like he’s not ready to embrace the #3 role.

This is why I told ya all that the problem with the Kings is not talents but length. Barnes short length is a problem...how many times did he get his shots blocked tonight? It's pathetic. And his defense as always weak and pathetic. Why is Igram playing well against the Kings? Because none of the Kings bother him except Murray but for whatever reason Brown doesn't put Murray on him. Barnes on Ingram? Get out of here man. Please trade Barnes...Mitchell and Huerter next year.

Our best players are losing this game tonight but somehow it’s all the fault of whoever’s favorite whipping boy, the coach, not playing Edwards, or somehow a guy who’s been injured the last month and a half.

I do think we are a great fan base but sometimes we’re just embarrassing.
The coach largely bears responsibility for the WAY we have underperformed... all season. But feel free to strawman - it's the internet after all.