[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This is where sticking Sasha on the bench most of the year then calling on him this late sucks. The chemistry isn't there. Sasha had Nance on him. A simple swing from Fox over to Davion and over to Sasha pulls Nance out, or gives Sasha a wide open 3. Fox doesn't really know how to play with Sasha right now.
The only player Vezenkov seems to have good chemistry/timing with is Lyles, and the latter is playing like ass, which pretty much kills any effectiveness of the former.

The reluctance to place any responsibility for bad play on the coach just baffles me.

If a problem has to do with the overall team - first look to the coach. At the very least - it's the coaches job to tell the players to fix it - or put in players that will.
Who is fixing this? Kessler Edwards? C'mon man, Brown might not be perfect but he's way better than any alternative the Kings could hire

31 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals for Pelicans bench

Kings bench 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assists

The downfall started there. Starters missed opportunities but I would’ve taken the Pelicans starting lineup lines tonight except for maybe Jonas who has scored more than I would like.

It'll be nice when everyone on this board realizes we need a new coach to get to the next level two days after one of the best ones available (who was also on our staff) just got hired by a major market team.

The silver lining is that we still have Christie - he could do better than Brown.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The good news is that in eight weeks there’s going to be at least 26 fan bases as miserable as we are tonight.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Another elimination with a lesser center outplaying / neutralizing our “All-NBA” one. Darn.

Sabonis isn’t the problem. But this team needs A LOT of fixing. Like an overhaul outside of the big 2.

Mike is also part of the turnaround. He’s playing the players he has.
is he???

I have stated over and over only Edwards has the chance to stop Ingram and Barnes would struggle against the Pels length because he isn’t long. Now I could be wrong but we will never know because Mike insisted on the same rotation despite getting his ass kicked 5 times before. I may not be an NBA coach but I do know when something has failed over and over try something different.

I mean I was kind of iffy on the whole concept of trying to turn an offensive powerhouse into good defenders. If you’ve got a quarter horse you don’t sign him up for milers.