[Game] Kings @ Magic - Sunday, Aug. 2 - 3 PM PT

How do you feel about the crowd noises during the games?

• Love it.

• Like it.

• Meh.

• Not a fan.

• There's crowd noise?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really wonder why Parker gets zero run with the main rotation guys. I understand he has his deficiencies but he also brings something to the table. He can’t be worse than what we have seen last 2 games.
Sadly he’s worse make Giles look like prime Rodman on defense.

Fair enough. At the same time, franchise players generally don’t have to deal with coaches randomly deciding to play them off the ball the game after they posted 39 points.
All I hear is excuses Trae Young has less talent around him and he brings it night in night out

This is why he projects to be a star not a franchise players or maybe not even a superstar

Franchise players don’t need sets but I know what you mean
In a perfect world and game, but this isn't the 80's-90's anymore. Barkley, Ewing, Jordan, Hakeem, etc. might agree but every franchise wing or guard runs pick and roll these days like they're mashing buttons in 2K. And most do it with at least 3 spot shooters beyond the 3 point line. The game is broken. Jump on board or get left behind.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lol Issac showed talent a flashed clear star material the guy you’re talking about on the other hand didn’t show star talent when he did suite up.
Maybe not this year but he did last year. it’s all a cyclical argument that won’t actually get anywhere until Bagley is finally healthy enough to play but

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I really wonder why Parker gets zero run with the main rotation guys. I understand he has his deficiencies but he also brings something to the table. He can’t be worse than what we have seen last 2 games.
Because Luke Walton is the equivalent of the parasitic worm residing inside a larger much more important creature to the ecology of the basketball biome.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

All I hear is excuses Trae Young has less talent around him and he brings it night in night out
Trae Young posts empty stats and is a historically bad defender.

Edit; okay that sounds particularly harsh. what I mean is that Trae‘s usage is super high, he touches the ball every possession, and puts up huge numbers in losing efforts fueled partially by his inability to guard his man on the ball.

One thing Trae has though is literally a whole system built around him. He's one of those pnr's guards I'm talking about. Ask him to feed the post all game and play off the ball while the team runs side to side motion, or weave and see how quick that frown stays upside down.

One thing Trae has though is literally a whole system built around him. He's one of those pnr's guards I'm talking about. Ask him to feed the post all game and play off the ball while the team runs side to side motion, or weave and see how quick that frown stays upside down.
He’s a master a running the pick and roll though he’s a mini CP3 at that Fox could only dream of running a team as good as Trae. crap even if we asked Trae to do what you said him being a 3point shooter he’d do it better than Fox anyways

Vlade isn’t firing Luke so the system isn’t changing

Edit; okay that sounds particularly harsh. what I mean is that Trae‘s usage is super high, he touches the ball every possession, and puts up huge numbers in losing efforts fueled partially by his inability to guard his man on the ball.
Ya Fox isn’t some good defender either so I’d trade it for historical offense. Teams double and Trap Trae cause he has no help and he’s still putting up 30/9 dudes second best player is Collins and I can’t even name another hawks player.

It is true though. And the sad thing is, it's still a direction you can build towards. Even AI got to a finals. He had to have the exact right coach and players around him but it's at least a direction. I will totally settle for playing towards something and building on something at this point. Running away from logic is too frustrating.

It is true though. And the sad thing is, it's still a direction you can build towards. Even AI got to a finals. He had to have the exact right coach and players around him but it's at least a direction. I will totally settle for playing towards something and building on something at this point. Running away from logic is too frustrating.
Fox wouldn’t do those things he doesn’t have the talent Trae has not with out being a threat form the perimeter

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
How can you be so unprepared to play? So unmotivated or sluggish? You were invited to an NBA playoff tournament during one of the worst time periods in recent history to prove yourself.

All there is to do is play basketball and practice in the NBA Bubble. What were these guys doing for 4 months prior?

Karl would actually be great for the current roster. Always thought he was fighting an impossible battle with the card he was dealt here.
He was a terrible coach for that squad although he did end up expanding Cuz' game. I was firmly in the Cuz > Karl camp. Obviously things were likely going to end up in disaster anyway considering the way things have ended up for Cuz but they didn't pick a side in the end, they wiped the slate clean. Then they've watched the players they've chosen to build around be squashed by brainiacs who "know better" twice after so far. WTF.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox wouldn’t do those things he doesn’t have the talent Trae has not with out being a threat form the perimeter
i get that you don’t like the current direction of the franchise but methinks that you’re being overly effusive in your praise of Trae in order to make whatever point it is you’re trying to make right now.

Trae is a great shooter, a good playmaker, and among the worst individual defenders in the league ATM. Sure hes on a middling Hawks team but until he figures out that end of the court Or the Hawks find him a defensive anchor to protect him in that end, the only thing he’s winning is fantasy basketball.

That's obviously why this team is so dependent on small ball and why going away from it isn't wise. It is what it is. Again, no sense in fighting the waves. Coaches don't win the ring by themselves but they have the power to make sure you never win rings.

i get that you don’t like the current direction of the franchise but methinks that you’re being overly effusive in your praise of Trae in order to make whatever point it is you’re trying to make right now.

Trae is a great shooter, a good playmaker, and among the worst individual defenders in the league ATM. Sure hes on a middling Hawks team but until he figures out that end of the court Or the Hawks find him a defensive anchor to protect him in that end, the only thing he’s winning is fantasy basketball.
We won’t find out until he has some nba talent around him but the way he plays the game you can see it will work. Dude plays like a season vet.

I’ve posted this video before but you can see the guys a clear superstar he makes the offense go. Getting player around him will just make the game easier, there’s no way that’s empty stats.

Meanwhile we’re here constantly making excuses for Fox every time it’s the coach or something else. He’s gonna be a good player but I don’t know about a superstar m

We won’t find out until he has some nba talent around him but the way he plays the game you can see it will work. Dude plays like a season vet.

I’ve posted this video before but you can see the guys a clear superstar he makes the offense go. Getting player around him will just make the game easier, there’s no way that’s empty stats.

Meanwhile we’re here constantly making excuses for Fox every time it’s the coach or something else. He’s gonna be a good player but I don’t know about a superstar m
Excuses come when things are used properly and failure still occurs. Using something improperly always places the blame on the person using it. If you have a hammer, a ham sandwich, and a nail. Two of those things obviously go together and serve a purpose.

I know Luke, I know. Hammer sandwiches are yummy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

‘on the contrary I feel like some of his numbers are inflated precisely because he has pretty much no one else capable of doing anything on their own on offense (or on defense for that matter) but he does have spot shooters around him and a coach who is willing to let him work with the ball in his hands. Note that I think Trae is going to be a really really good player for years to come in this league but I think, much like Steph, his success is ultimately going to be predicated by whether or not he can become at least a passable defender and/or if he gets a roster Around him that can play defense well enough to hide him like the Warriors were able to with Dray/Klay/Iggy/KD(first ship Barnes).

On the other hand, Fox is a guy with all the physical tools in the world but a semi-passive mindset, teammates around him who occassionally think that THEY are the star of the team and a coach who let Bjeli get isolated on the same exact play a dozen times in a row without even thinking of taking the guy out or switching up schemes.

In our many discussions over the years, I’ve found that our main difference in discussing prospects/young players is that I tend to value raw tools more than trained skills in a young guy while it feels like you’re often on the opposite side. It’s the same thing here, for me. I just feel like De’Aaron’s raw tools with some skill fine tuning is Ultimately a better package than Trae’s skillset combined with his physical deficiencies..that’s all.

I've been checking out the advanced stats over the last two and I will preface things with this, a 2 game outlook with one being this kind of blow out isn't conclusive on it's own. This kind of loss throws everything way out of whack. That said, the teams starting unit over the last two games is a....

....and the ONLY combination that even registers under a greater than or equal to 10 minutes of game time filter.

Later all.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I've been checking out the advanced stats over the last two and I will preface things with this, a 2 game outlook with one being this kind of blow out isn't conclusive on it's own. This kind of loss throws everything way out of whack. That said, the teams starting unit over the last two games is a....

....and the ONLY combination that even registers under a greater than or equal to 10 minutes of game time filter.

Later all.
Geez.

Maybe start Bazemore for Bjelica to help with the defensive intensity and I’d be tempted to start DJ and bring Bogi off the bench as well. Establish the defense first, we are much more athletic. Just spitballing.